NCAA: Week 12: Leave It to the Beavs

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
haha Iowa State LG was talking trash this week just to get absolutely dummied on a pivotal play. god bless

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Gritty win for the Huskies. Wins by them and Oregon next week will set up a de facto quarterfinal in the Pac 12 title game.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Looks like it remains 7 teams that will continue to control their own destiny after today: UGA, UM, OSU, Washington, Oregon, FSU and Bama. Texas and Louisville still alive but still need help.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
That is the kind of loss that might get boosters to pay up even if they are struggling to get the money together.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I wonder if Washington jumps Florida State
I wouldn't be surprised. FSU's best win is vs 3-loss LSU....and they struggled to beat BC (needed BC to take like 18 penalties and barely won)....struggled vs Pitt & Miami and were losing to Duke (w/Duke driving for another score) when the Duke QB got knocked out and everything flipped.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised. FSU's best win is vs 3-loss LSU....and they struggled to beat BC (needed BC to take like 18 penalties and barely won)....struggled vs Pitt & Miami and were losing to Duke (w/Duke driving for another score) when the Duke QB got knocked out and everything flipped.
That’s what I say. Washington has beaten #6 and Oregon State probably stays in the top 20.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
NBC needs to trade an upcoming sporting event they hold rights to to Fox in exchange for the ability to show UM-OSU at night this year - maybe they can give Fox next year's Indy 500, would make for a great doubleheader with the NASCAR race at Charlotte the same day.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yeah, for every contender except for Texas and Louisville it should be win out and in(with the only exception maybe being a 12-1 UGA that lost a very close game to Bama and could still get in). For Texas, it looks like they need to win out, plus need either:
UGA win out
Louisville over FSU(or maybe UF over FSU)
Or
UGA win out
Washington lose twice
Oregon lose vs Oregon St.

Louisville probabaly needs to win out plus either:
UGA win out
Texas lose again
Or
UGA win out
Pac 12 scenario from above

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I think Texas is probably in if they win out unless FSU does something crazy and beats Florida and Louisville with a back up QB.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I don't think it would be that crazy for FSU to beat those teams with a back-up. Neither are great and it isn't like the back-up is some terrible scrub.

They will have zero shot at doing anything in the play-off but they get lucky that Louisville had such a soft schedule to get them into the ACC Championship game.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad