NCAA GDT: Week 11

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Very few honestly cared. Enough to round down to nobody. It may have been seen as an injustice then but that’s it. Nobody’s putting them at #1 unless they win the playoff.

Very few? All the big ESPN names Finebaum, Herbstriet and such were talking about them. All the top Twitter CFB names were talking about them. There was more talk about UCF claiming their national championship then there was of the playoff champions Alabama. If Georgia doesn't go undefeated and wins the playoffs there is always the possibility someone will put Cincinnati at 1, especially if they beat a say 1 loss Big 12 champ and Notre Dame finishes with 1 loss. But the playoff committee is going to give them a 3 loss ACC team to play so it hurts their resume and claim.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Very few? All the big ESPN names Finebaum, Herbstriet and such were talking about them. All the top Twitter CFB names were talking about them. There was more talk about UCF claiming their national championship then there was of the playoff champions Alabama. If Georgia doesn't go undefeated and wins the playoffs there is always the possibility someone will put Cincinnati at 1, especially if they beat a say 1 loss Big 12 champ and Notre Dame finishes with 1 loss. But the playoff committee is going to give them a 3 loss ACC team to play so it hurts their resume and claim.
Very few. Twitter isn’t real life. Hardly anyone remembers even now quite frankly.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Very few. Twitter isn’t real life. Hardly anyone remembers even now quite frankly.

I'm sorry but who do you consider important when it comes to CFB talk? If the biggest names on the biggest network are talking about it then it's a big deal. Twitter is pretty trash but still has a lot of national appeal and it was clearly a hot topic on there. And people remember, they are talking about it now with Cincinnati possibly being left out like UCF was and how they need to expand. Do you think if it wasn't for the UCF, Cincinnati and Boise State of the past they would be talking about expanding if there wasn't a lot of uproar from the fans. People are tired of the same old same old with CFB, they want change.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sorry but who do you consider important when it comes to CFB talk? If the biggest names on the biggest network are talking about it then it's a big deal. Twitter is pretty trash but still has a lot of national appeal and it was clearly a hot topic on there. And people remember, they are talking about it now with Cincinnati possibly being left out like UCF was and how they need to expand. Do you think if it wasn't for the UCF, Cincinnati and Boise State of the past they would be talking about expanding if there wasn't a lot of uproar from the fans. People are tired of the same old same old with CFB, they want change.
There isn’t an uproar from the fans though. Only their fans. They don’t tune out because who is left out, only who keeps getting in.

No one cares about Paul Finebaum unless I guess you watch the SEC Network literally like every day. He is in his little corner of the world where he and his SEC nation minions can tell each other how smart they are while no one else pays attention.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
What realistically needs to happen to get Cincy in? (Assuming Ga., Bama, and a one loss OSU/MSU/UM)

One more loss by Oregon?

Is there any scenario that sees two Big Ten teams making it?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What realistically needs to happen to get Cincy in? (Assuming Ga., Bama, and a one loss OSU/MSU/UM)

One more loss by Oregon?

With Ohio having to play both Michigan schools it seems almost impossible and could only happen if Michigan State is one of the teams.

For Cincinnati to be in, I think Alabama definitely has to lose, especially to Georgia, because is the committee going to make Georgia and Alabama play 2 games in a row against each other? If Alabama loses in any form I think they are out unless they run out of 1-loss teams, in which case an undefeated Cincinnati would be in anyways.

Also watch out for Oklahoma State coming from behind.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
With Ohio having to play both Michigan schools it seems almost impossible and could only happen if Michigan State is one of the teams.

For Cincinnati to be in, I think Alabama definitely has to lose, especially to Georgia, because is the committee going to make Georgia and Alabama play 2 games in a row against each other? If Alabama loses in any form I think they are out unless they run out of 1-loss teams, in which case an undefeated Cincinnati would be in anyways.

Also watch out for Oklahoma State coming from behind.

Just realizing that MSU and UM could be one loss teams.

They should get in over a 2 loss Bama team.

Then it's maybe Oregon v. Cincy if both Big Ten teams are rated above with wins over OSU.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So today Finebaum said a 2 loss team Big 10 team could get in because of strength of schedule & by some miracle seems to be souring on the possibility of a 2 loss 'Bama getting in.
If Bama gets in at 2 losses, they would assuredly be #4 and be playing Georgia again. I have a hard time seeing the committee forcing the only undefeated power 5 team to not only beat Alabama twice, but have to do it in consecutive games and not even be assured the national championship

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just realizing that MSU and UM could be one loss teams.

They should get in over a 2 loss Bama team.

Then it's maybe Oregon v. Cincy if both Big Ten teams are rated above with wins over OSU.
Oregon and Cincy can’t both get in with two B1G teams

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
So today Finebaum said a 2 loss team Big 10 team could get in because of strength of schedule & by some miracle seems to be souring on the possibility of a 2 loss 'Bama getting in.

Absolutely not realistic IMO. If any of MSU/OSU/UMich finish with 1 loss and the conference crown they're definitely getting in but no f***ing way is a 2-loss Big Ten team getting in unless 1) Alabama, Cincinnati, Oregon and maybe even ND all lose at least 1 game; and 2) the 2-loss team is Ohio State or Michigan ($$$$).

The only potential 2-loss team I see with a realistic possibility is Alabama, and it would only be because they're Alabama, not because they'd actually deserve it. No team with 2+ losses and no conference title belongs in the CFP, no matter who they are.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Absolutely not realistic IMO. If any of MSU/OSU/UMich finish with 1 loss and the conference crown they're definitely getting in but no f***ing way is a 2-loss Big Ten team getting in unless 1) Alabama, Cincinnati, Oregon and maybe even ND all lose at least 1 game; and 2) the 2-loss team is Ohio State or Michigan ($$$$).

The only potential 2-loss team I see with a realistic possibility is Alabama, and it would only be because they're Alabama, not because they'd actually deserve it. No team with 2+ losses and no conference title belongs in the CFP, no matter who they are.
Finebaum was basing it on what the committee chair said last night on the reveal show. Apparently the guy was really pumping up the BIG (and is probably looking for any excuse to keep Cincy out)

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Finebaum was basing it on what the committee chair said last night on the reveal show. Apparently the guy was really pumping up the BIG (and is probably looking for any excuse to keep Cincy out)

A 2-loss Big Ten team is not an excuse, it's a tragedy.

Like I'm not a Bearcats fan, I couldn't care less about them. But they definitely don't deserve to be excluded from the CFP in favor of a 2-winloss Big Ten team.

EDIT: derp

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
A 2-loss Big Ten team is not an excuse, it's a tragedy.

Like I'm not a Bearcats fan, I couldn't care less about them. But they definitely don't deserve to be excluded from the CFP in favor of a 2-win Big Ten team.

However unlikely it may be, both MSU and UM could be 1-loss teams and get in. If MSU beats OSU, OSU is done which bodes well for UM to be even more motivated to beat them the next week with a playoff berth available with a win.

I am not certain that if OSU beats MSU then loses at UM they won't get the nod anyways. I think Cincy needs to dominate from here on in, something they haven't really shown yet.

Very interesting to say the least.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There's no way a 2 loss Alabama should sniff the playoffs, I don't care if they take Georgia to OT and lose. Their schedule isn't impressive at all, their best win isn't as good as Cincinnati. The only reason Mississippi state is ranked so it gives Alabama a 2nd ranked win, a 4 loss team should not be ranked. So hopefully they lose and are out.

Worst case scenario for Cincinnati is both Michigan teams beating Ohio state and Michigan state winning the Big 10 title game. I could easily see both teams getting in that way a 1 loss teams. Best case scenario is Michigan state beats Ohio state, who beats Michigan and Wisconsin beats Michigan state.

So that's brings me to Oregon. They are highly propped up by their win at Ohio state, Fresno state is another good win too. If Ohio state losses one maybe both their next two that win takes a hit. That Ohio state win is even to Cincinnati win over Notre Dame, even though I think the Notre Dame win is bigger cause they have the better wins than Ohio state. If they win out you would think they'd be in but their schedule isn't great and if Ohio state doesn't win the Big 10 that win isn't as good. They also have a bad loss. I can't see how a 1 loss Oregon is ranked above Cincinnati?

Oklahoma state wins out they have a better resume to me than Oregon, if Oklahoma and Baylor are still ranked. They have a better loss but not as good a win, again depending on how Ohio state finishes, so what do they factor more?

As for Cincinnati the schedule isn't great, the AAC is down this year. The bottom half isn't too good this season but the top is strong. They finish the year with 2 over .500 teams and potential a ranked Houston so the schedule gets better. Probably the best win in the country and no losses. It's the committee so I can see how they do it but I can't see how you leave a undefeated team out. Just look at the polls, the writers and coaches see them as the #2 for some weeks or #3 team in the country.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink

One more loss by Oregon?

maybe michigan state beats ohio state, michigan beats ohio state, michigan state loses in the B1G championship game, oklahoma state loses again, oregon loses, and notre dame loses again?

i only say notre dame would need to lose again because they already set the precedent with michigan and michigan state that they don't care about head to head, in the words of the great gary barta "Set aside watching the games, that’s certainly a part of it. But statistically in just about every category offensively and defensively, Michigan comes out on top over Michigan State."

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
maybe michigan state beats ohio state, michigan beats ohio state, michigan state loses in the B1G championship game, oklahoma state loses again, oregon loses, and notre dame loses again?

i only say notre dame would need to lose again because they already set the precedent with michigan and michigan state that they don't care about head to head, in the words of the great gary barta "Set aside watching the games, that’s certainly a part of it. But statistically in just about every category offensively and defensively, Michigan comes out on top over Michigan State."

Translation: Michigan will bring more money than Michigan State so we like them better.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Translation: Michigan will bring more money than Michigan State so we like them better.
yes thats exactly what that means. just for the same reason they have the ranking show for 5 weeks, its about money and drawing in the most ratings. granted ohio state did win the championship in the first year so they kind of got it right, but up until the last rankings tcu was in front of ohio state and then bam looks whos in, the team behind tcu throughout all of their rankings

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
yes thats exactly what that means. just for the same reason they have the ranking show for 5 weeks, its about money and drawing in the most ratings. granted ohio state did win the championship in the first year so they kind of got it right, but up until the last rankings tcu was in front of ohio state and then bam looks whos in, the team behind tcu throughout all of their rankings

At least they're consistent about it.

Getting them to admit a team that's not a traditional moneymaker is like getting a toddler to eat nothing but vegetables.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
At least they're consistent about it.

Getting them to admit a team that's not a traditional moneymaker is like getting a toddler to eat nothing but vegetables.
yeah thats my thing, thats fine it you are trying to draw up the matchups that will draw the most viewers, but just admit it, don't selectively watch games. they did the right thing in putting oklahoma at 8 intially because if you watched they were outrunning a speeding train but then the michigan/michigan state game they were like yeah we watched the game but michigan's stats look better so we are reversing the decision

although i should be fair, michigan does have a better loss than michigan state.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00