NFL GDT: Week 10

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sherman is a huge loss but I'd still be more concerned about the offense. It's still a complete mess.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Thursday night games after week 8 are brutal. Most teams are banged up and you trot them out 4 days with no practice and you get 8 different players leaving the game. 3 with season ending injuries. They really need to do away with TNF. As the season has gone on..the games have been worse and worse.

Reactions: G F O P

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Gonna steal this from somewhere else

If you move to an 18 week season (2 pre-season games) with 2 bye weeks per team it would be pretty simple.

Bye weeks start week 3 and end week 16, a team's bye week 1 happens week 3-8 (X) and week 2 is week X+8 (3 and 11, 4 and 12, 5 and 13, 6 and 14, 7 and 15, 8 and 16). 4 teams a week would have a bye, two of those teams make up the following TNF, meaning one bye is 10 days and one is 14. Say you have the Lions, Browns, Eagles, and Patriots on weeks 3/11 byes, week 4 TNF is Lions v Browns, week 12 TNF is Eagles v Pats, etc.

Seems like a win/win fix for everybody.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Gonna steal this from somewhere else

Seems like a win/win fix for everybody.
That works, but the nfl will need to push the Superbowl back a week unless they don't want a week break before the big game.

College football kickoffs labor day weekend. While the NFL starts up the following week. NFL doesn't want to start the same week as college. Pushing the season back a week makes the most sense.

I think for preseason, the NFL should at least start by dropping it down to 3 games first. One home and away game, plus a neutral site game. Pick a college city for those games.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That works, but the nfl will need to push the Superbowl back a week unless they don't want a week break before the big game.

College football kickoffs labor day weekend. While the NFL starts up the following week. NFL doesn't want to start the same week as college. Pushing the season back a week makes the most sense.

I think for preseason, the NFL should at least start by dropping it down to 3 games first. One home and away game, plus a neutral site game. Pick a college city for those games.

I don't have a problem with either of these solutions, and I don't see why the NFL should either. It's not like ending a week later makes much of a difference.

I love the neutral site idea, but NFL owners don't want to lose preseason games because they don't want to lose the gate revenue, so that's going to be a tough sell.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not to mention the fans of teams want to see those teams even if its preseason

Putting preseason games at neutral site = Very empty stadiums for no good reason

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Putting preseason games at neutral site = Very empty stadiums for no good reason
But when u reduce the number of games it changes how those games are played.

Game 1 starters get 1 or 2 series
Game 2 starters get a quarter
Game 3, starters go into quarter 3
Game 4, starters don't play.

So, basically dropping either game 1 or game 4 situation.

No issue not having a neutral site game as long as the team with the extra home game either shares the revenue or teams alternate years when they get 2 vs 1 home preseason game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Pretty sure the Browns sold out a preseason game at the Horseshoe in Columbus. Just admit you hate any type of change.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Washington should be in the end zone. That’s an insane catch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: