NCAA: Week 0: Let only some of the games begin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And we’re sort of back for the new season of college football, with Week 0, where only some of the rules matter in terms of who gets to play or not.

Only 7 FBS games are played in week 0 this year, only two of which have ranked teams involved.

#13 Notre Dame travels to Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland to host Navy, a trip both teams were supposed to make in 2020. Notre Dame is the home team, so the game is on NBC.

#6 USC and Caleb Williams open at home vs. San Jose State. The game is on Pac 12 Network, so nobody will actually see it because I don’t think that’s a real thing that (still) exists.

Closest line is San Diego State laying only 2 to Ohio, prime time on FS1.

Jacksonville State makes their FBS and C-USA debut hosting UTEP.

New Nexico State enters C-USA hosting UMass.

Hawaii heads to Vanderbilt on the SEC Network.

FIU is at Louisiana Tech, 8pm local start, is the night cap.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Bad miss by Hartman, held onto it…should have been walk in TD

Take a drink every time Jason Garret says ‘shoulders square’

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Navy is usually a tough beat and they take a toll on you. But Notre Dame looks good.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
ND wasn’t having any of that option nonsense today. They were ready. Navy got pumped

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego State tries to choke one away vs. Ohio but prevail.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USC with the ball late in the 4th and needing a touchdown to beat the spread.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I knew Zach Branch was going to be good, but not this good and this early.
Another freshman to watch out for this season is Duce Robinson. He had limited touches yesterday but the dude is 6'6" and moves like he's 6'0

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I knew Zach Branch was going to be good, but not this good and this early.
Another freshman to watch out for this season is Duce Robinson. He had limited touches yesterday but the dude is 6'6" and moves like he's 6'0
He sounds like he will be a problem.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
alrighty, roll call! What's your predictions for your squad this year?

I got Texas at 10-2. Losses @TCU and @ Bama

Sep 19, 2008

MICHIGAN'S RENAISSANCE IS significant, not only because of the hazards it has encountered but also because of how quickly the team has improved. The Wolverines completed a shortened 2020 season at 2-4 and faced significant questions about Harbaugh, who had become the first Michigan coach to start 0-5 against Ohio State and was 3-3 against Michigan State. Harbaugh overhauled much of his staff, and agreed to an incentive-laden contract with a reduced salary that also gave Michigan a more favorable buyout if it chose to fire him.

He then hired talented young assistants, leaned on a group of veterans to shift the culture in the locker room and doubled down on his run-heavy offense. Michigan entered the 2021 season unranked for the first time since Harbaugh's debut season of 2015, but finished No. 3.

"That was a year where everybody was calling for me to fire Jim, because of losses in the pandemic, when you had kids opting out, kids that were sick, injuries that occurred. You had all these things that were so different," Manuel told ESPN. "But Jim was a great coach before the pandemic, and he's a great coach now. He made the adjustments that were necessary to do it, and I give him all the credit.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
alrighty, roll call! What's your predictions for your squad this year?

I got Texas at 10-2. Losses @TCU and @ Bama
5-7 - Neal Brown is shitcanned after a 1-4 start to the season but the team manages to rally and beat the Big 12 newcomers. West Virginia hires either Garrett Riley or (if aTm disappoints yet again) Jimbo to replace him.

bowl is possible at 6-6 if they beat Pitt at WVU, never know with a rivalry game.

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
6-6 - Neal Brown is shitcanned after a 1-4 start to the season but the team manages to rally and beat the Big 12 newcomers, then steals one they absolutely shouldn't win to go bowling (best guess is @Baylor). West Virginia hires either Garrett Riley or (if aTm disappoints yet again) Jimbo to replace him.
God please don’t let A&M get out of Jimbos buyout

• Haha
Reactions: LT and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad