crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
breaking1_zpsf50defc2.jpg
breaking2_zps514bb5b5.jpg

breaking3_zps577de101.jpg
breaking4_zpsed840d91.jpg
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (0-0-0, 0-0-0 home) vs. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (1-0-0, 1-0-0 away )​
BROADCAST INFORMATION

Television: TSN, CSN-PH
Radio: TSN Radio1050 Toronto

Preview: This will be the Flyers’ season-opener . . . The Flyers began last season 0-3 and 2-6 and never recovered, missing the playoffs for just the second time in the past 18 seasons. Philly was one of the NHL's worst teams in even-strength situations last season, prompting the signing of Vinny Lecavalier to a five-year, $22.5 million (U.S.) free-agent deal in July.

NHL Stats: http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm

Flyers' Stats: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Maple Leafs' Stats: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/stats.htm

Flyers' Website: http://flyers.nhl.com/

Maple Leafs' Website: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/index.htm

FLYERS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Scott Hartnell | Claude Giroux | Jakub Voracek
Brayden Schenn | Vincent Lecavalier | Wayne Simmonds
Max Talbot| Sean Couturier | Matt Read
Jay Rosehill |Adam Hall |Zac Rinaldo

Pairings
Name | Name
Kimmo Timonen |Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn| Mark Streit
Andrej Meszaros | Nicklas Grossmann

Goalies (Mason starting tonight)
Name | Name
Ray Emery | Steve Mason

MAPLE LEAFS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
James van Riemsdyk |Tyler Bozak|Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul | Nazem Kadri |Nikolai Kulemin
Mason Raymond |David Bolland| Troy Bodie
Carter Ashton|Jay McClement | Colton Orr

Pairings
Name | Name
Carl Gunnarsson |Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner| Cody Franson
Mark Fraser | Paul Ranger

Goalies
Name | Name
Jonathan Bernier |James Reimer

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
time to see what Bernier can do. here's hoping for 2 points :)
(I don't know what Breaking Bad is, but this is good) :)

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I thought Bodie played well, but expecting Ashton to develop while playing 3 mins a game is ridiculous.

I say switch Bodie and Ashton, also I'd like to see Rielly play a game.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Good luck Bernier in first game in blue and white.

:hbday::hbday::bday::bday::party::party: to Kessel.

GO LEAFS GO!:yo:

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
suggestion for this thread. Capitalize the players first or last name in the lineup like they do in the breaking bad credits based on the periodic table. mezAros for example.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Excuse me? :P

LOL i'm sorry!
though I got the first season on dvd, so i am going to check it out.

on topic -
out side of our division - this is one of the games we need to win (in regulation). it doesn't matter if it's game 2, this is a team we're going to be battling for potentially a wild card (if a disaster happens and we can't clinch a secured spot).

we need to come in, take advantage of whomever, and then practice holding a lead.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
LOL i'm sorry!
though I got the first season on dvd, so i am going to check it out.

on topic -
out side of our division - this is one of the games we need to win (in regulation). it doesn't matter if it's game 2, this is a team we're going to be battling for potentially a wild card (if a disaster happens and we can't clinch a secured spot).

we need to come in, take advantage of whomever, and then practice holding a lead.

Considering that Philly's goaltending situation is very shaky, we have an advantage there.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Considering that Philly's goaltending situation is very shaky, we have an advantage there.

i agree.
I was talking with HockeyCrazed and I will expect this to be wide open, unless Bernier shuts it down early. it's another energy sucker (poor Leafs having to go through three in a row - Montreal's never ending flame, whatever Philly does, and then Ours on Saturday.

so it could be as high scoring/chances as it was tonight in Montreal with tired/dumb plays by our guys near the end. I don't think we won a 2nd game in a back to back all last season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking fwd to seeing Rielly and Bernier. Before the season is over I can see these 2 being key players for us this year.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
****, they are better than us down the middle by a lot. One area that I am not sold on with our team is down the middle.

Looks that way on paper but Lecavlier isn't really as good as he once was. Overall i say were almost equal down the middle, maybe a slight edge to philly with Giroux. But Kadri/Bolland > Lecavalier/Coutourier or however you spell it

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
By no means is this confirmed, but I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Rielly make his NHL debut... either at the cost of Gardiner or Ranger. Probably Gardiner.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Emery in net? Was hoping for Mason, we lit him up like a beachball in pre-season and the guy has never really done much since that first year or two he had in Columbus.

I gotta miss the first couple periods due to work I fear, hope the Leafs bring it.. **** the NHL schedule makers for giving us a game on back to back nights to START the season.

BayStreetBullies*

People are all high on BB because it was just on. It's a very good show, but Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are miles ahead.

Never could get into GoT. Too boring for my taste.

Inb4 'you know nothing' :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad