We the fans should take a stand..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker316*

Honestly, we have the ability to control how the players and owners go about thier business. The players are too greedy and close minded to accept a cap? That's fine. You want to make this lock-out long and ardurous, that's fine. Dont expect the fans to come back. And I dont just mean those way down south..I'm talking about TO, and Montreal, and many other franchises that are passionate about the game. Threaten them, dont show up..dont pay damn well 150 bucks on tickets where the players may only play half-assed. Dont give in to their greed. If we didnt show up to games and paid these crazy amounts of dollars for the tickets, they'd have no revenue and the fact is they wouldnt be able to make the kinds of salaries they do now. I think it's time the fans actually smartened up and took a stand. We ***** and complain all the time about how they are all over paid, yet we still line thier pocket books and wallets with our hard earned cash. What the hell?
It really is true..we can control the way this league is run, and we should make this absolutely clear, if at all possible.
This labour dispute is just pissing me off.

Tucker316*

Leaf Lander said:
nhl owners domt give a rat ass about the fans

same go for the players

Exactly. It's time we treated them the same way.

Anyways, I posted all that in vain as the strike has already happened. A nice **** you to them would be not to show up when they finally decide to play, after one side caves to the others demands and the league is still in a bad state, with only some half-assed deal is agreed upon.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
You do realise that a good portion of the fanbase, at least the high-paying part in the large cities, is made up of corporate clients who couldn't care less about this sort of thing?

chicpea*

Epsilon said:
You do realise that a good portion of the fanbase, at least the high-paying part in the large cities, is made up of corporate clients who couldn't care less about this sort of thing?

Evidently, he doesn't. He also seems to think unions are a lame idea while advocating a plan based on the same principles.

Tucker316*

So what? I realize all of that. Fact is, the casual fan still represents a large portion of the people buying the tickets to games. I doubt the ACC would enjoy seeing their upper bowl empty, and a few other areas of the arena empty as well.

As for unions, I dont think guys who make millions of dollars really need a union. I'm sorry, screw that. There's a big difference when you compare what they do for a living and what the every day person does.

Dude, it's not good to assume too many things..keep that in mind at all times.

chicpea*

Tucker316 said:
There's a big difference when you compare what they do for a living and what the every day person does.

Yes, you're right. They NHLPA is composed of the best hockey players in the world. Their total numbers maybe make up a miniscule sliver of the earth's population, or even Canada's. I bet there are nearly two billion people who could do your job just as well.

I.am.ca

I'd pay to see replacement players, i have almost given up on NHL players. If the NHL goes the replacement route, i'll support them fully and buy season tickets to show that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tucker316 said:
So what? I realize all of that. Fact is, the casual fan still represents a large portion of the people buying the tickets to games. I doubt the ACC would enjoy seeing their upper bowl empty, and a few other areas of the arena empty as well.

As for unions, I dont think guys who make millions of dollars really need a union. I'm sorry, screw that. There's a big difference when you compare what they do for a living and what the every day person does.

Dude, it's not good to assume too many things..keep that in mind at all times.

Wouldn't work in Toronto. If I or others gave up season tix for some lame protest there would be a ton of people who would snap them up. All that would happen is I would be SOL down the road when I want to go to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad