Our PP sucks

Our PK sucks

Our coaching staff sucks

Our GM sucks

Our pro scouts suck

Our amateur scouts now suck

Our AHL team sucks

Hell even our arena is in a shitty location

This organization needs a complete and total Fing reboot.

The sale and house cleaning can’t come soon enough.

Rant over

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
This is the year to suck if we are going to suck. Trade Debrincat at the deadline for another 1st and go all in for Bedard or Fantilli. Next year, find a decent coach and some defense and it will be Summer of Dorian part II.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm just sad.

Really wanted to have a team that was exciting and on the upswing. Didn't think we would run and hide with a playoff spot but this is just demoralizing.

Apathetic in November, brutal. We win, that's great, we lose, oh well. I am not even cursing the TV much anymore.

I did on that stupid pass from Zub that led to the 4th goal when he had all the time and space to ice the puck.

Now I will go to the Neil game, the Oilers to watch the 2 best players in the league and then...not sure.

Reactions: Deku

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This is the year to suck if we are going to suck. Trade Debrincat at the deadline for another 1st and go all in for Bedard or Fantilli. Next year, find a decent coach and some defense and it will be Summer of Dorian part II.
It's interesting to think what happens if we are sellers at the deadline, which is increasingly likely:

Trade assets:

- D-Cat: fetches us a 1st rounder?
- Zub: maybe a late 1st rounder pick, maybe a 2nd round pick?
- Hamonic: a 4th rounder?
- Motte: a 4th rounder?
- Watson: a 5th rounder?
- Holden: a 5th rounder?

Post-deadline we'd roll with (assuming Norris is back and everyone is healthy HAHAHA stupid optimist):

Chuck - Norris - Bath <- back to what worked
Greig - Stu - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Sokolov
Kelly - Kastelic - Crookshank

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Thomson
Brannstrom - Zaitsev ( <- HE RETURNS!)

Forsberg
Talbot

Anyone I forgot?

Reactions: Alex1234

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It's interesting to think what happens if we are sellers at the deadline, which is increasingly likely:

Trade assets:

- D-Cat: fetches us a 1st rounder?
- Zub: maybe a late 1st rounder pick, maybe a 2nd round pick?
- Hamonic: a 4th rounder?
- Motte: a 4th rounder?
- Watson: a 5th rounder?
- Holden: a 5th rounder?

Post-deadline we'd roll with (assuming Norris is back and everyone is healthy HAHAHA stupid optimist):

Chuck - Norris - Bath <- back to what worked
Greig - Stu - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Sokolov
Kelly - Kastelic - Crookshank

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Thomson
Brannstrom - Zaitsev ( <- HE RETURNS!)

Forsberg
Talbot

Anyone I forgot?
If Ottawa decide to sell Zub - They would get a haul.

Reactions: Alex1234

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This is tough to watch. Something has to give.

My honest opinion.

Dorion did really do a good job in the offseason. He came short of acquiring a Dman, which should've been the priority as we all know. There weren't that many guys available and the price was high. The price now will only be higher, teams know the situation we're in but we can't keep losing like this. All this said, it's hard to blame Dorion for the way the players/coaching is managed, paired with the multiple injuries and the Formenton situation.

DJ needs to go. I don't think it's all his fault, but he's not helping. The team needs to play better and should play better. If it's only a shift in strategy or a new voice I think that should do good.

The players though. Some guys have been pathetic lately. Stutzle is producing but too often passive out there when he can dominate. Batherson for the most part looks like a shell of last year's Batherson, Debrincat looks like he just doesn't want to be here - He looks frustrated by how he's used or completely lost his confidence. Giroux and Tkachuk are the only guys who look solid most of the time.

Goaltending is not great but I'm not sure it's as much an issue as the coaching and defensive play from the forwards and the D.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
This is tough to watch. Something has to give.

My honest opinion.

Dorion did really do a good job in the offseason. He came short of acquiring a Dman, which should've been the priority as we all know. There weren't that many guys available and the price was high. The price now will only be higher, teams know the situation we're in but we can't keep losing like this. All this said, it's hard to blame Dorion for the way the players/coaching is managed, paired with the multiple injuries and the Formenton situation.

DJ needs to go. I don't think it's all his fault, but he's not helping. The team needs to play better and should play better. If it's only a shift in strategy or a new voice I think that should do good.

The players though. Some guys have been pathetic lately. Stutzle is producing but too often passive out there when he can dominate. Batherson for the most part looks like a shell of last year's Batherson, Debrincat looks like he just doesn't want to be here - He looks frustrated by how he's used or completely lost his confidence. Giroux and Tkachuk are the only guys who look solid most of the time.

Goaltending is not great but I'm not sure it's as much an issue as the coaching and defensive play from the forwards and the D.

This Dorion’s forced rebuild. This is his hockey ops, his coaching staff, and his players - 100% of the roster construction is on him.

The team sucks because - get ready for it - Dorion sucks and is not an NHL GM, not even remotely close. When he is fired he will never work as anything past a scouting job in this league ever again.

He needs to be yeeted into the sun by new ownership and we need to get someone competent in here to clean up the mess. As I’ve said since Melnyk died this cannot happen fast enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad