Post-Game Talk: We lost again

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Gionta talked all the time, he just didnt say stupid things like max
Gionta gave the basic interview every single time. The kind Pacioretty was getting razed for weeks ago for not showing personality.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Pacioretty can't do nothing right can he.....Pacioretty can't look at Subban, cause we'll run with it and speculate that he's grilling him....he can't celebrate too much or too little after he scores, he can't compliment one of the best defenseman in the league because that means he's dissing his own teammate after playing a game against him in which Doughty shut him down. People don't like the way he talks, people are calling him heatless because he can't score as much yet in the same breath ridicule the top 2 centres DD and Plekanec who are Pacioretty's centres.

What did you expect out of Pacioretty this year??.....Beliveau type leadership?? People here are judging Pacioretty like they judged McCarron after the draft....Let the guy grow into his role and not have a definite prognosis on who he is as a captain after 5 months on the job.

I didn't expect a lot more from him both leadership wise and more importantly performance wise.

He is what he is. Not a strong leader and not a player you count on to provide a consistently high effort or performance level.

He's an opportunistic perimeter scorer, with good speed & quality release. Doesn't bring much else to the table.
That he keeps validating those 2 perceptions with his behaviour & performance is on him, not on those who point it out

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal

i watched the replay and it was doughty's inability to contain the puck that resulted in pk's goal. to me, doughty curled away to avoid getting hit instead of taking the punishment and immobilizing the puck.

what max said about doughty is true. however, after i read max's comments, my first impression was that it was an indirect shot at pk, considering how things ended, and that both pk and doughty are on par and viewed in the same respective manner on their own teams.

after what max had said, he should have added one more comment and say that, even doughty can make a mistake or be a victim of unlucky circumstances, just like pk losing his edge.

i love pk, after price, he's our best player. he takes more flak than warranted because he's outspoken, flamboyant, emotional, and yes, black.

however, some criticism is warranted. pk needs to pick his spots, reel in his emotions, calm himself. this will help him make better decisions. its a tough balance to make. how to control and harness that unbridled passion into something that benefits your objectives more than not.

it will come with maturity and that's something that not only falls on himself, but also those around him that are responsible for nurturing our players potential, and that they should recognize that he gives and bleeds so much more than he takes.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You're better off spouting cliches if you are not endearing.
Thank you for that word. Cat had my tongue. Cliche was the word I wanted.

Pacioretty was spouting those off months ago and got hated on here as well. So he can't say anything right apparently.

Says the guy who didn't spell "razzed" right. ;)
Totally missed the context. I was not chirping a spelling error.

And yes, I make errors on my phone constantly. I use Swype and don't read my posts before submitting!

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Thank you for that word. Cat had my tongue. Cliche was the word I wanted.

Pacioretty was spouting those off months ago and got hated on here as well. So he can't say anything right apparently.

Totally missed the context. I was not chirping a spelling error.

And yes, I make errors on my phone constantly. I use Swype and don't read my posts before submitting!

I got fat fingers. Todays phones arent my friends

Gotta type with my the side of my pinky lol, and even then i make a ton of mistakes. Need my old crackberry to type

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
i watched the replay and it was doughty's inability to contain the puck that resulted in pk's goal. to me, doughty curled away to avoid getting hit instead of taking the punishment and immobilizing the puck.

what max said about doughty is true. however, after i read max's comments, my first impression was that it was an indirect shot at pk, considering how things ended, and that both pk and doughty are on par and viewed in the same respective manner on their own teams.

after what max had said, he should have added one more comment and say that, even doughty can make a mistake or be a victim of unlucky circumstances, just like pk losing his edge.

i love pk, after price, he's our best player. he takes more flak than warranted because he's outspoken, flamboyant, emotional, and yes, black.

however, some criticism is warranted. pk needs to pick his spots, reel in his emotions, calm himself. this will help him make better decisions. its a tough balance to make. how to control and harness that unbridled passion into something that benefits your objectives more than not.

it will come with maturity and that's something that not only falls on himself, but also those around him that are responsible for nurturing our players potential, and that they should recognize that he gives and bleeds so much more than he takes.

If that is the case then instead of worrying about pk he should focus on his own play.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I guess when we play Ovechkin and Max scores three goals, Subban shouldn't say Ovechkin is great because it might hurt Max's feelings.

Or we play Kane, Toews, Crosby.. whoever. Can't compliment them because it's now a shot.

Subban is amazing. But he's not the best player in the league. Who cares? Everyone knows he's really good. Clearly the reporters aren't asking about Subban after another loss.

My goodness. You people are starting to act like me, lol. I never thought the day would come when people beat me on the drama queen scale.. Apparently one bad season is all it takes.

Actually the comparison is Pacioretty calling Quick the best goalie in the league. You really think this comment would be ignored as complimenting the other player and not a slight at Price?

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
When we next play Dallas subban should praise Jamie Benn and say how he makes his team mates better especially because he's a physical force as well as a scoring one.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Actually the comparison is Pacioretty calling Quick the best goalie in the league. You really think this comment would be ignored as complimenting the other player and not a slight at Price?
That's not a comparison.

Price is the best goalie in the league and is generally regarded as that through most hockey circles. PK is not the best defenseman in the league and is regarded as such throughout most hockey circles.

Who the **** cares either way? It wasn't malicious.

I got fat fingers. Todays phones arent my friends

Gotta type with my the side of my pinky lol, and even then i make a ton of mistakes. Need my old crackberry to type
Haha, I never had a blackberry but I agree. I'm awful with my phone, mostly because of auto-correct on Swype.

In-case you didn't get it, I was being sarcastic like you in that post though. Not chirping your spelling, just making a joke about how everything has to have a hidden meaning.

When we next play Dallas subban should praise Jamie Benn and say how he makes his team mates better especially because he's a physical force as well as a scoring one.
If they made us look like a peewee team, why the hell not? Who cares? Let me tell you, Pacioretty isn't going to be crying after that comment. The only people who would be crying or whining or even talking about it would be half of this forum and some of the ridiculous media.

No he shouldn't have. We just got our ass-kicked (we're lucky the score wasn't more ridiculous) - why should Pacioretty be classless and chirp the opposition because of some fabricated crap that PK might need a bandaid for his heart?

Last edited:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If PK praised Benn or Ovy or Toews, Patches wouldn't dare feel slighted because he's not only a tier below them as players but several tiers below them as a leader.

And we're hard on Patches because the Patches/Therrien/BargainBin axis has to bear the brunt of criticism for this demise. They've wasted a year of everyone's primes. Patch has to accept responsibility.

And play fkn better.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
If PK praised Benn or Ovy or Toews, Patches wouldn't dare feel slighted because he's not only a tier below them as players but several tiers below them as a leader.

And we're hard on Patches because the Patches/Therrien/BargainBin axis has to bear the brunt of criticism for this demise. They've wasted a year of everyone's primes. Patch has to accept responsibility.

And play fkn better.

Spot on.

He can decide to learn from this experience, from those comments, etc. and grow better in that sense.

Or he can just take it as a slight and sulk in his corner.

Choice is his.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Matt Carle would have a fairly easy time shutting down Pacioretty this season. He must be impressed with nearly every defender he's been up against.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Man, the captain in Montreal has a tough job.

Maybe he should be more like Gionta and just not talk.
Yzerman never said much of anything and the media considered him one of the best captains ever. Up until he won the cup though he took a lot of heat for being a "real leader" like Messier.

The media writes it's own narratives. If the team wins you're a good leader if it loses you're not. In the case of Max, Shawn is probably right in that he didn't mean it as a slight to Subban. He probably was just praising Doughty and that's cool and Pk probably even gets that. But it's the optics that matter. You don't want to give the media a story and you don't want to feed the idea that there's a rift there.

By all means talk to the press and give your feelings on things but think about what you're going to say first. Every player messes up, PK this year said "it's not my job to score goals"... dumb. And Subban's pretty media savvy so it can happen with any player.

Canned answers really aren't a bad strategy. Postgame interviews are just reporters looking for narratives anyway. And if you know they want to write a bunch of crap it's best not to feed into that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Lololololololololo :laugh:
Max and PK should call a truce just concentrate on Hockey and allow HF to take up the rift on their behalf. How far could we take it do ya think? :naughty:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Did you forget a not there?

Was the same with Sakic.

The story with Yzerman was essentially his 100ft game.
Kind of like we are seeing with Ovie today...
Scottie/Trotz convincing an elite player to buy in both ways.
I think Sakic was more responsible than either of those two playing on horrible Qc team where he was the D. :laugh:

But Lord if we could land one of these types of players I'd accept the 100ft game.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Price is > Quick, so of course that would be seen as a slight. But Doughty is > Subban so I don't see this as an accurate comparison.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Price is > Quick, so of course that would be seen as a slight. But Doughty is > Subban so I don't see this as an accurate comparison.

Doughty rarely tries to create something out of nothing from a defensive posture.
When a space opens up he will go but he won't try to create the hole himself.
PK on the other hand is constantly trying to create a breach which is due to our pathetic zone exit strategy. We all know PK loves chipping it to "nobody" :laugh:

One is destined to make more and costlier errors on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad