Post-Game Talk: We Blew a 3-0 Lead in the Third Period to the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
I'm tired of our teams not being sharp. Zibs and Panarin are shells of what they were, hand skill wise. I can't be the only one that see's it. No one can hit a corner while New Jersey's entire top 9 does it regularly.

I'm tired of the cotton candy country club softness. From practice to games.

I'm tired of our teams playing dated hockey.

Stop hiring the same people and expect something different. Clean house. From skills coaches to player development. It's not working.

Anyone who Glen Sather has hired, give them a fat severance and wish them the best. Enough already
Been calling this one out also. When was the last time we had a legit shooter in top-6? Mark Ciaccio is in his 10th season with the club and we haven't developed a single skater who'd put up a ppg season in that time span. Both Zucc and Buch hit their first ppg seasons after they were traded. It's just absrud.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Been calling this one out also. When was the last time we had a legit shooter in top-6? Mark Ciaccio is in his 10th season with the club and we haven't developed a single skater who'd put up a ppg season in that time span. Both Zucc and Buch hit their first ppg seasons after they were traded. It's just absrud.

I had never heard of Mark Ciaccio before this post. Which I think speaks to your point.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I would define it as a players coach who can manage personalities and make guys feel comfortable, after a clear structure already exists.

Torts and AV are a great example of the two types I'm talking about. Torts developed the 2014 and 2015 teams and AV was their finished-product coach.

Torts always seems to improve young teams to a certain point, but he has a shelf-life and despite winning the Cup in 2004 (in a very different league), I think he would require perfect circumstances to win one again. At the end of the day, he established a clear identity for the Rangers in his time here, but he probably was never the coach they were winning with.

AV came into a structured team at the perfect time and gave them just enough freedom to start scoring. As soon as the roster changed away from Torts and he had to implement his own plan, it got worse and worse.
Dave Maloney and Ron Duguay would argue (and did) AV gave the team to much freedom.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Respectfully I think there’s more to Trouba’s game to bitch about outside of his 0 for 54 shooting %.

His breakout passes are rarely a thing of beauty. I still can’t get over the pass he made in the third period Saturday - while the Rangers Fs were in the midst of a line change, he barreled the puck into their skates AT THE BENCH!!!

No one open
No one expecting
Risked a too many men

Oilers come back basically unchallenged the other way, right away, and Trouba gives up the tying goal with zero gap control.

That was 2022-2023 Trouba in a nutshell.
100% agreed. My point is, even the North South part of his game in the O zone, when executed properly, can be annoying to watch, forget his poor foot speed, bad reads, and defensive miscues.

It's not about North South or East West, it's about vision, skill, reads, and poise. I mean who on this team has poise with the puck matching their skill? Fox, sometimes Panarin, and Kakko and Chytil in the O zone these days. Miller and Trouba are absolutely terrible making decisions with the puck under pressure. That play by Trouba sending it into the skates by the bench was laughable. Trouba see blue Jersey, Trouba send puck to blue Jersey. Same as Trouba see puck, Trouba shoot puck.

Reactions: WhereO Is Kakko

Deleted member 23124

DOLAN doesn’t have patience. He wanted to rush this last rebuild and signed guys like Panarin and Trouba to big contracts. Then instead of giving Chytil a shot at 2C they go out and sign Trocheck for 6 years. HE'D rather go after that big free agent who ends up being bought out (see Brad Richards), rather than being patient with drafting and developing.
Fixed

Reactions: CLW

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
For the whole compass direction debate...no great team is only 1 or the other. Plenty of good NS or EW teams. Very few that can do both and those are your contenders. Tampa learned how to do it in order to get over thr hump. Toronto has failed to do it. Colorado did it last year.

Again this is the arrogance that plagued AV's tenure. It's what will get Turk canned. You can't square peg into a round hole because you only want to use your square peg. Panarin wants to go EW? Fine, but don't do it in a 1-0 game against Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad