GDT: We are playing the Blackhawks at hockey today

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I didn't hate our full reverse retro set, but it's definitely the weakest of several new sets we've had in recent years. I agree they're a little too dark on the gray, the numbers were difficult to read (I liked them close up but can't blame Mike for a lot of mistakes tonight), and the NHL insisting they're home jerseys and not letting Chicago wear red made it worse. Here's hoping the stadium series jerseys end up better.

Sifa

Feb 20, 2021
Yeah my sister lives there. Her reports are fun. Sometimes, it seems like an amazing place to live. Other times, like not having a dryer and having to hang your clothes out on a line, not so much

Dude, do you really think there are no dryers in Switzerland? just because your sister is too stingy to buy one? Trust me, I have a perfectly fine one AND I live in Switzerland... ;-)

Regarding languages: There are 4 official languages. Nino‘s from Chur, where people speak German and learn French in School. No Italian or Rumantsch unless you have relatives that speak and teach one of them.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Dude, do you really think there are no dryers in Switzerland? just because your sister is too stingy to buy one?
MAYBE ASK FOR CONTEXT NEXT TIME. AND NOT TO SOUND JUDGMENTAL BUT USING THAT EMOTE MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY CONDESCENDING.

THAT BEING SAID THANKS FOR THE SECOND ARTICLE. LOVED YOUR COUNTRY WHEN I SPENT SOME TIME THERE. (MOSTLY AROUND BERN.)

Reactions: Tryamw

Sifa

Feb 20, 2021
MAYBE ASK FOR CONTEXT NEXT TIME. AND NOT TO SOUND JUDGMENTAL BUT USING THAT EMOTE MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY CONDESCENDING.

THAT BEING SAID THANKS FOR THE SECOND ARTICLE. LOVED YOUR COUNTRY WHEN I SPENT SOME TIME THERE. (MOSTLY AROUND BERN.)

thanks for your reply - the emoji was meant to show that this was not offensive.
You could also easily judge Negan4Coach‘s statement as condenscending btw. Maybe I was triggered prematurely...

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I understood about four words of all the German he and the reporter spoke. My German teacher would be very disappointed in me.
don't worry it was swiss german actually so even your german teacher wouldn't have understand more than about four words unless he was swiss :)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
thanks for your reply - the emoji was meant to show that this was not offensive.
You could also easily judge Negan4Coach‘s statement as condenscending btw. Maybe I was triggered prematurely...
I WILL GO ON A LIMB AND MAKE AN ASSUMPTION BASED ON HIS PAST COMMENTS THAT HE IS FAMILIAR WITH THE FACT YOUR COUNTRY IS GENERALLY QUITE DAMN RICH AND DRYERS ARE FAIRLY ABUNDANT.

don't worry it was swiss german actually so even your german teacher wouldn't have understand more than about four words unless he was swiss

CHUCHICHÄSTLI INSTENSIFIES.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Svech looked a little upset and frustrated tonight. Maybe a little SAT time over the course of 4 TBL encounters could help with that - a win win for TT & Aho, too?

Nothing against first line McGinn or Foegs.

Another matinee game next week..yikes.

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Dude, do you really think there are no dryers in Switzerland? just because your sister is too stingy to buy one? Trust me, I have a perfectly fine one AND I live in Switzerland... ;-)

Regarding languages: There are 4 official languages. Nino‘s from Chur, where people speak German and learn French in School. No Italian or Rumantsch unless you have relatives that speak and teach one of them.

I mean if it was just my sister not having one it wouldn't be noteworthy, now would it? She said most buildings had communal dryers, but a lot of people hung their clothes out to dry to "save energy". that just doesn't work for me, sorry.

There are a whole host of little cultural things she's told me about where it seems like it would be a hassle for an American. And when I told her to buy me one of them Swiss cowbells, she said "The people I bought it from wanted to know about your cow". Really?

Other than that it seems like an amazing and beautiful place, for real. I'll probably send my kids there to live when our civil war kicks off.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I mean if it was just my sister not having one it wouldn't be noteworthy, now would it? She said most buildings had communal dryers, but a lot of people hung their clothes out to dry to "save energy". that just doesn't work for me, sorry.

There are a whole host of little cultural things she's told me about where it seems like it would be a hassle for an American. And when I told her to buy me one of them Swiss cowbells, she said "The people I bought it from wanted to know about your cow". Really?

Other than that it seems like an amazing and beautiful place, for real. I'll probably send my kids there to live when our civil war kicks off.

I have the same thought except its Cyprus I'm moving the whole family to. Beaches all around Mt Olympus in the middle for those snow loving people.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I normally don't like the Whalers stuff, but wow that looked especially bad on the ice.

Hopefully the next time we play we play against the colour jerseys of the opposition. The white vs. grey made it even worse.

Delighted to see Nino flying. Slavin getting back to it as well. I absolutely love our lineup. Hyped for this Tampa series.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Was out last night so just got around to watching this morning.

1) Wow did this remind me of us 2 years ago after the 2nd period...absolutely dominate, tons of chances, but it's 2-2. We had so many grade-A chances, so close, some unlucky (for us) bounces, and what? 3-4 posts? Could have been 5-0 easily and wasn't, credit to Lankinen
2) I'm sorry, but that 1st Kane goal is 100% on Reimer, backhander far post? If he hadn't moved his blocker he stops it, instead he tries to punch it, misses, and the puck goes in through his arm. I know it's Kane, but Reims will want that one back.
3) WHY do we still give up so many late-period goals? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? We gave up another 2 goal lead...STOP
4) Continued the pressure in the 3rd to get back our 2 goal lead...Slavin with the LONG pass ENG! That was nice to see. I will say when this team is firing like it was last night, we'll have no shortage of opportunities to get back into a game or regain our lead.
5) Of course Chicago would get a PPG with <1 min left lol Their PP is lethal against us it seems
6) I HATE game-management calls/non-calls, I should be used to it by now but that kind of shit just frustrates me (hypocrisy/double-standards are huge pet peeves of mine...yes, they trigger me lol)
7) Fast I think had his best game of the season, he was noticeable a number of times in positive ways.
8) If we can keep this Nino all season that'd be nice! This was the NN his first season after joining us and he's lethal
9) THIS is the Trocheck I was hoping we'd get, he could easily be one of our PPG players this year...well worth the price IMO (and making himself a likely protection spot at the ED)
10) Necas is really starting to blossom. He has his boo-boos, trouble standing up some time, but I also watched him stand a guy up who tried to pummel him in the corner. He makes some brilliant passes, he can hammer one-timers (though he's had trouble getting them in), and he can hold and dance with the puck until opportunities open up. Sometimes he holds a bit too much, but he's improving.
11) Bean is going to make it hard for Fleury to get his spot back. As good as Fleury looked towards the end of last year, he's looked off this year
12) Offense from Svech, Aho, and TT has dried up recently, which in previous years would have probably been a death knell for this team. But in their absence, Tro, Necas, NN, Staal, and McGinn have been on fire lately. WE HAVE SECONDARY SCORING!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad