Injury Report: We almost won...but at what cost

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I suffered an injury too during the Stanley cup final…a broken heart :confused: sorry lol but every days been getting better and when you begin to realize we really never had a shot at it, it helps dull the pain. Just incredible we made the playoffs by 1pt, 59 seconds away from elimination in round 1, to playing in the Stanley cup. Absolute insanity and what a ride! Who knows how we would’ve fared if we were healthy and/or no giant layoff, but regardless it may not have mattered either which way. Vegas was just deeper, healthier, and even better than I thought they already were. The most disappointing thing for me at this stage was the fact it was a crazy ride for both teams to make it that far but how lucky vegas is that they got our mangled corpses and we get the #1 seed who adds their best forward off LTIR and didn’t have any big injuries. Essentially waltzing to a cup victory. That’s nothing against them, they may have won either way, but itwasn’t even competitive for the most part. That’s the thing that’s disheartening.

Funny thing is I don’t have anything inherently against vegas as a team like many others do. I actually would’ve rooted for them in the final if literally any of the other 7 eastern teams made it that far. It just brings so much pain to see them raising it and partying and to see the shirts online…because it was against us. But it would’ve been like that regardless of who the opponent was. Nice to see fanatics already has our eastern champs gear like 50% off. I spent 123 bucks at pantherland on two shirts and the hat, I could’ve gotten them now for 56 lol

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
William Karlsson apparently made a total drunken ass out of himself during the parade speeches. Inexplicably, he put down the Coyotes too. They deserve the celebrations but it was pretty ridiculous. Also, a lot of them took their shirts off… Marchessault looked like… a short Ekblad… if you know what I mean LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad