OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sulphur, OK basically doesn't exist as it once was....
Not true at all. The tornado hit the downtown area and did considerable damage but the town is still very much still there. Many of the neighborhoods are actually ok as are the businesses not on Main Street.

Actually do some research and don’t post misinformation

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Not true at all. The tornado hit the downtown area and did considerable damage but the town is still very much still there. Many of the neighborhoods are actually ok as are the businesses not on Main Street.

Actually do some research and don’t post misinformation
I've seen pictures of it... I just am stunned by the devestation.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter...doing one of her favorite things. Sailing (in San Francisco Bay).

1714325900913.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Preliminary survey damage in Sulphur and Marietta is an EF3 (136-165 mph winds). Still waiting on Ardmore, Holdenville and Norman to come in.

They had to close off these towns because people think it’s really cool to go gawk at tornado damage instead of helping people.

Like I said earlier, if you’re curious about the story, watch local coverage of storms and don’t just rely on static photos.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Preliminary survey damage in Sulphur and Marietta is an EF3 (136-165 mph winds). Still waiting on Ardmore, Holdenville and Norman to come in.

They had to close off these towns because people think it’s really cool to go gawk at tornado damage instead of helping people.

Like I said earlier, if you’re curious about the story, watch local coverage of storms and don’t just rely on static photos.
thanks

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I saw an interesting method involving a hockey stick jammed into the frame behind the back seat. I’m sure she will be fine. Have her rip around without using the pedals at all, Fred Flinstone it for a while. Helps them get used to how the balance works. Once she’s comfortable with that, it’s easy to do the rest and she won’t even think about it. You guys got this!

That being said, i have an 11 year old that can’t ride a bike. She does have a physical disability so i haven’t really pushed it. Will probably be trying again this summer.

Just wanted to give a shout out for your excellent advice and to anyone who took even a second to think about my daughter. Today she is riding a bike. She was so happy, it was really perfect. 🙇❤️🙏🏼🙂🙂🙂

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just came home and realized i left a gas burner on the stove running, medium/low heat. I made lunch for the kids at noon.

Did smell a little gas as I opened the door, and a little bit in the living room. Stove is off and windows are opened.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Just came home and realized i left a gas burner on the stove running, medium/low heat. I made lunch for the kids at noon.

Did smell a little gas as I opened the door, and a little bit in the living room. Stove is off and windows are opened.
I hate gas.

When Mrs. 103 and I were looking for a house together, we wouldn’t even consider houses with gas. Oil heat may or may not be more expensive, but there are definitely far fewer explosions. An excavator up the street could accidentally hit the main line and trigger an explosion that blows up your house. No thanks.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I hate gas.

When Mrs. 103 and I were looking for a house together, we wouldn’t even consider houses with gas. Oil heat may or may not be more expensive, but there are definitely far fewer explosions. An excavator up the street could accidentally hit the main line and trigger an explosion that blows up your house. No thanks.

Now I'm gonna be nervous about my gas heat thanks Rob! 😂😉

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, apparently the cicadas are starting to appear in our area. I haven't seen any yet but people are posting pics in the local FB groups.

Uuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh go away bugs.

• Wow
Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My stepfather brought me a bunch of my mom's things, including the rest of our family's vinyl album collection. Fairly certain some of these belonged to my grandparents. Everything from Johnny Cash to Nat King Cole to Elvis and Tennessee Ernie Ford. Plus some soundtracks...Dr. Zhivago and the original Broadway cast of The Sound of Music, among others.

Then there's this one with old radio show recordings.

20240429_201417.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad