Visit site
  • Love
Reactions: BMC and caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
prayers for Omaha, Nebraska and any area hit by the severe weather tonight.....
The tornado missed the house of one of my employees by a few hundred yards. His neighbors got clipped but everyone is ok thankfully.

Tomorrow has the potential to be really nasty. We are at a 6 out of 10 on the tornado outlook. We are hoping for morning storms which will cut down our afternoon chances. We are under a flood watch until 6am Sunday. We are looking at 3+ inches of rain.

They've been warning these storms all week so people are as prepared as one can be.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
The tornado missed the house of one of my employees by a few hundred yards. His neighbors got clipped but everyone is ok thankfully.

Tomorrow has the potential to be really nasty. We are at a 6 out of 10 on the tornado outlook. We are hoping for morning storms which will cut down our afternoon chances. We are under a flood watch until 6am Sunday. We are looking at 3+ inches of rain.

They've been warning these storms all week so people are as prepared as one can be.
I'll be glued to the Weather Channel tomorrow - jumping to it during commercials/intermissions....my remote is going to be exhausted by midmight. - it will get a bit of a rest from 8-10.45.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and caz16

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Severe Weather outbreak coverage all weekend:

from Kansas City metro:

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was going through some family pictures and found this one of my grandfather next to a 1929 Chevy Roadster. I love old cars so thought this was cool. Plus granddad looks like a mobster :laugh:

20240427_111700.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just dropped off some pastries for the lady’s mother, who has been painting at the new house all week. About to take the kids to the circus down in Providence for 3. Haven’t been to the circus since it was at the Garden. Not the TDG, the Garden Garden. I might be more excited than the kids.

Everybody pray for me today. My youngest is going to try riding a bike again. The only child I haven't taught in one day. At 5 she had it but quit after a fall. At 6 she fell first try and stopped. At 7 she picked a new bike but wouldn't get on it. At 8 I feel like this is my last chance.

I saw an interesting method involving a hockey stick jammed into the frame behind the back seat. I’m sure she will be fine. Have her rip around without using the pedals at all, Fred Flinstone it for a while. Helps them get used to how the balance works. Once she’s comfortable with that, it’s easy to do the rest and she won’t even think about it. You guys got this!

That being said, i have an 11 year old that can’t ride a bike. She does have a physical disability so i haven’t really pushed it. Will probably be trying again this summer.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and HustleB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I used to ride my bike all the time as a kid. Loved it. Must have gone hundreds of miles over the years lol. Never thought about what great exercise I was getting :laugh:

If I didn't live in a fairly hilly apartment complex I'd be tempted to get a bike again. But I'd probably also fall off it. I swear my balance is getting worse. :wally:

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Just dropped off some pastries for the lady’s mother, who has been painting at the new house all week. About to take the kids to the circus down in Providence for 3. Haven’t been to the circus since it was at the Garden. Not the TDG, the Garden Garden. I might be more excited than the kids.

I saw an interesting method involving a hockey stick jammed into the frame behind the back seat. I’m sure she will be fine. Have her rip around without using the pedals at all, Fred Flinstone it for a while. Helps them get used to how the balance works. Once she’s comfortable with that, it’s easy to do the rest and she won’t even think about it. You guys got this!

That being said, i have an 11 year old that can’t ride a bike. She does have a physical disability so i haven’t really pushed it. Will probably be trying again this summer.
I think I'm going to give the FredFlinstone technique a shot. I don't know about the hockey stick technique but I may look it up. Thank you.

Reactions: TD Charlie

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Prayers/positive vibes, whatever you can spare.

My wife is very sick. She’s been coughing uncontrollably at night to the point where she vomits. This has gone on weeks and now months.

They keep telling her it’s post nasal drip or a cold. It’s not. She came home from daycare and was violently ill again. I just intervened and called her mom to ask for help.

She is driving her to the emergency room so I’m home with Jacob.
Praying for your wife.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
@Alicat How are you doing?

High winds here, but nothing like what you are getting.
All good here! Could have been a lot worse.

Lots of tree debris around town but it looks like the tornado went through the Westheimer Airport and did some damage to the airplane hangars. Not sure if any of the private planes were damaged. The airport sits between where my new apartment is and my family’s subdivision.

It is a surreal experience when you hear the sirens and have to get in the shelter versus simply hearing the siren test every Saturday or watching from afar.

This is from the airport last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad