OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Prayers/positive vibes, whatever you can spare.

My wife is very sick. She’s been coughing uncontrollably at night to the point where she vomits. This has gone on weeks and now months.

They keep telling her it’s post nasal drip or a cold. It’s not. She came home from daycare and was violently ill again. I just intervened and called her mom to ask for help.

She is driving her to the emergency room so I’m home with Jacob.
I will keep her and your family in my thoughts. Glad she is getting more definitive care. Keep us informed.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

My wife is very sick. She’s been coughing uncontrollably at night to the point where she vomits. This has gone on weeks and now months.

They keep telling her it’s post nasal drip or a cold. It’s not. She came home from daycare and was violently ill again. I just intervened and called her mom to ask for help.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

All the best. Hope she gets good care and the doctors can get to the bottom of what's wrong.

Reactions: GordonHowe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Sending good thoughts to you and yours.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

Positive thoughts for your wife and family, and a speedy recovery.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We have more than a few members and their families who are struggling right now, sending healing energy and positive vibes to those who need it.
1713950834528.jpeg

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Prayers to you and the Missus. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Thanks, all.

They don’t know what’s up with her. Did an examination and an X-ray. Everything normal. She has a CT scan scheduled for tomorrow.

They gave her a different acid reducer and cough syrup with codeine and sent her home. She’s taking the day off work to get some sleep.
Prayers to your wife, Mike. Hopefully that will help her.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not making excuses at all because I see the effects of domestic violence every day.

My only comment is that I know the nicest, most respectful people in the world….sober

Who become the exact opposite when drinking.

The obvious responsibility to avoid drinking lies with the person, but given the fact that it’s an illness, I know it’s easier said than done.

Hopefully, Milan gets the help he needs and they can provide a somewhat normal, loving and productive environment for their family.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks, all.

They don’t know what’s up with her. Did an examination and an X-ray. Everything normal. She has a CT scan scheduled for tomorrow.

They gave her a different acid reducer and cough syrup with codeine and sent her home. She’s taking the day off work to get some sleep.
Whatever is going around is nasty and it lingers.

I have a sinus infection with a cough, my sister has one plus an ear infection and my mom just kicked her sinus infection/cough. We likely caught it from my niece who just changed rooms at daycare.

They keep telling my sister it is allergies mixed with a virus and she's had a CT on her sinuses plus a scope and a chest xray.

Hopefully the medicine will work and she can get some rest.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Whatever is going around is nasty and it lingers.

I have a sinus infection with a cough, my sister has one plus an ear infection and my mom just kicked her sinus infection/cough. We likely caught it from my niece who just changed rooms at daycare.

They keep telling my sister it is allergies mixed with a virus and she's had a CT on her sinuses plus a scope and a chest xray.

Hopefully the medicine will work and she can get some rest.
Lovely.

Megan and Jacob are at daycare together three days per week.

Beginning to think it’s not worth the couple hundred bucks a week she brings home.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We never know the real story of people's private lives, but in the glimpses we got of some of their public incidents over the past 15 years or so, it always struck me that they brought out the worst in each other.

Hopefully everybody is happy and healthy coming out of that and moves on with their lives.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Lovely.

Megan and Jacob are at daycare together three days per week.

Beginning to think it’s not worth the couple hundred bucks a week she brings home.
I don't have kids but I know childcare costs are exorbitant. And I thought it was bad when I just used to have a dog to take care of lol.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apartment management is doing an annual inspection of all the buildings today. Maybe this is the year they decide to replace the crappy windows that have needed to be replaced for about ten years? I doubt it.

They also said we had to remove everything in the cabinets underneath all sinks in the apartment. So I guess they're inspecting the plumbing too.

I just love having random people enter my apartment. But I can't afford to take off the day to be there. Ugh.

On the bright side it inspired me to do a little more decluttering and I just dropped off a bunch of stuff to be donated. Just in time for my stepfather to bring me another truckload of my mom's stuff this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00