OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

What a horrific experience that must have been for her. Yet she went on to live a full & happy life.

The Greatest Generation, indeed. May she rest in peace.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is this the same actress? I think it is

1713851473856.png

1713851270045.png

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Weird estate thing happening with a friend of mine.

His grand parents passed away years ago and left their estate to their son, my friends father. That was all settled via their will.

My friends father passed away recently, no will.

The grand parents estate now goes to whom? Would it be my friend or his mother?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Weird estate thing happening with a friend of mine.

His grand parents passed away years ago and left their estate to their son, my friends father. That was all settled via their will.

My friends father passed away recently, no will.

The grand parents estate now goes to whom? Would it be my friend or his mother?
If his father was still married to his mother, I believe it automatically would go to the spouse.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If his father was still married to his mother, I believe it automatically would go to the spouse.
Thanks team! Wasn’t sure if it made any difference that the estate was the grandfathers originally.

Edit: either way, i advised him to have the family speak to an estate attorney before they sell the house

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Thanks team! Wasn’t sure if it made any difference that the estate was the grandfathers originally.

Edit: either way, i advised him to have the family speak to an estate attorney before they sell the house
Been awhile since I studied Wills and Trusts, but upon the grandparents' passing, everything belongs to the father, and is part of his estate. And yes, his spouse would get his assets through probate.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Been awhile since I studied Wills and Trusts, but upon the grandparents' passing, everything belongs to the father, and is part of his estate. And yes, his spouse would get his assets through probate.
Yeah that's the determining factor right there. Did the grandparents' estate then become the fathers estate, or was it still the grandparents estate just with the father in control for the time being?

I feel bad for the kid. I just talked to him for a half hour or so and he was so broken up over the whole thing. Just wants to make sure that legally everything is on the up and up and nobody comes crawling out of the weeds 5 years from now. At the same time, he's afraid to ruffle feathers.

Meanwhile, still very much mourning the loss of his father.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

That was the best possible advice you could have given him. :thumbu:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah that's the determining factor right there. Did the grandparents' estate then become the fathers estate, or was it still the grandparents estate just with the father in control for the time being?

I feel bad for the kid. I just talked to him for a half hour or so and he was so broken up over the whole thing. Just wants to make sure that legally everything is on the up and up and nobody comes crawling out of the weeds 5 years from now. At the same time, he's afraid to ruffle feathers.

Meanwhile, still very much mourning the loss of his father.

Generally (dont know the exact Mass rule but assuming it follows suit) creditors/estate claims can only be made within 90 days of the death announcement.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That was the best possible advice you could have given him. :thumbu:
He knew thats what I was gonna say. I told him I wasn't sure and could see either situation happening. There's also a couple other factors in there that he should really have reviewed by an attorney, but the meat of it was what I posted.

I also made sure to tell him that often times the legal solution and the moral solution aren't the same outcome. Because 1 person is legally entitled to something doesn't mean it's the morally sound solution. That's for the family to decide though, so I didn't bother giving him any input on that.

Family and money and this sort of thing is a nightmare. I really feel for the kid.

Generally (dont know the exact Mass rule but assuming it follows suit) creditors/estate claims can only be made within 90 days of the death announcement.
That muddies the waters for sure then.

Reactions: BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Prayers/positive vibes, whatever you can spare.

My wife is very sick. She’s been coughing uncontrollably at night to the point where she vomits. This has gone on weeks and now months.

They keep telling her it’s post nasal drip or a cold. It’s not. She came home from daycare and was violently ill again. I just intervened and called her mom to ask for help.

She is driving her to the emergency room so I’m home with Jacob.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017

My wife is very sick. She’s been coughing uncontrollably at night to the point where she vomits. This has gone on weeks and now months.

They keep telling her it’s post nasal drip or a cold. It’s not. She came home from daycare and was violently ill again. I just intervened and called her mom to ask for help.

Sending positive vibes your way man

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

sending healing thoughts

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Thinking of you Mike. 🙏🏻

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

All the best to you and the wife. Sorry to hear this.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston

Sending all the healing vibes your way!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Sending positive vibes to your wife.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Congratulations!

Enjoy every minute, even the frustrating ones, midnight feedings, early mornings and everything else that comes with having babies.

It goes way too fast and every new stage seems to have you longing for the previous one.

I’ll never forget the day my wife began crying because our daughter moved up a size from newborn diapers to 0-3 months (or whatever the next size is).

Trying to comfort her, I of course said, it’s OK. It’s not a big deal.

She looked at me sobbing and said:

“You don’t understand…she’ll never be newborn size again”!

We then both cried.
Thank you! It’s been a really long process for us - almost 8 years - and it took a little science to get us to this point so we’re really looking forward to her arrival. I’m sure there will be some days where the frustration will bubble up, but it will all be worth it!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Glad she’s getting medical help. It’s so hard to see our beloved ones go through health challenges. All positive healing vibes to your wife.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad