OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Maaaaaan I made a bad decision going back to this restaurant. No raise, always being stared down, talked down too and made to do shit work.

Some sort of payback because I left once before

Only one of 3 people in my section last Saturday to get yelled at and I didnt even do the wrong thing
Everybody’s work sucks dude.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
One of my Amazon orders got deferred to USPS and they delivered it to the wrong address - shocking. luckily enough, whoever 'Andrea' is attached a sticky note saying it was the wrong address. :laugh:

Good people still out there!

There always have been.

Sometimes you just have to look closely to see them.

I had a terrible couple of weeks recently. When it rains it pours territory.

Yet this was interspersed with thoughtful gestures from strangers as well as the love & support of family and friends.

Where's Lou Gehrig when you need him?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
One of my Amazon orders got deferred to USPS and they delivered it to the wrong address - shocking. luckily enough, whoever 'Andrea' is attached a sticky note saying it was the wrong address. :laugh:

Good people still out there!
There is a ton of good people out there. Social Media would want you to think otherwise

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There always have been.

Yet this was interspersed with thoughtful gestures from strangers as well as the love & support of family and friends.

Sorry. I hope things are getting better!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Maaaaaan I made a bad decision going back to this restaurant. No raise, always being stared down, talked down too and made to do shit work.

Some sort of payback because I left once before

Only one of 3 people in my section last Saturday to get yelled at and I didnt even do the wrong thing
It seems like your life is one bad employment decision after another.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
There always have been.

Great post. Glad thigs are on the upswing, GH.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Okay, now this is nuts.

My car came with a front license plate holder installed. Tennessee doesn't require front plates, so I bought a decorative one to put on it. It came in while it was in the shop, so after dinner tonight I went out to put it on.

As I was doing so, I heard a big truck pull up and stop in front of my building. I didn't pay any attention until I stood up, turned around, and realized it was the same delivery guy in either the same or very similar truck that hit my car back in December.

What are the odds of THAT? On the very day I finally get my car back.

I'm gonna be having nightmares about that stupid truck forever lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Fenway if the Bruins meet the Preds in the SCF I have a new restaurant for you to try :D

I lost it when she called the knife Excalibur :laugh:

Reactions: Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We walk at a mall during rainy and cold weather, yesterday I stuck a Bruins sticker on the sports store window. It is still there today. Keep in mind, it is mainly Leafs stuff being sold. My little way of being smug that it is on there. I have lots more, if they take it off, there will be another in a different spot.

Yes, I am a bit crazy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My niece gave me an upper respiratory/ sinus infection. I love her to pieces but this was a gift she could have kept.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Hello, I am Lorac the Hopeful Hoarder of Chocolate and the Stanley Cup.
I have a Stanley Cup lamp to my right, how fortunate!

1713780379318.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’ve been around! Between work and preparing for our daughter’s arrival next week, free time has been short. I’ll be on more since we’ll be staying home more with the baby.

Congratulations!

Enjoy every minute, even the frustrating ones, midnight feedings, early mornings and everything else that comes with having babies.

It goes way too fast and every new stage seems to have you longing for the previous one.

I’ll never forget the day my wife began crying because our daughter moved up a size from newborn diapers to 0-3 months (or whatever the next size is).

Trying to comfort her, I of course said, it’s OK. It’s not a big deal.

She looked at me sobbing and said:

“You don’t understand…she’ll never be newborn size again”!

We then both cried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad