OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Here are some time consuming questions for a monotonous, endless day, waiting for 7:00.

1) Tell us about a funny phrase your parents, grandparents, teachers, etc., used to say that no one uses now.
my grandfather always used to say" I pulled a boner." lol

2) If you were given a chance to go back in time, would you have wanted to experience Woodstock? I mean, actually lived there for the whole thing in the field.
nothing i can think of.

3) What is the best Halloween costume you ever wore?
honestly. never really dressed up for halloween.

4) Do you like scary movies? If so, which is the scariest movie in your opinion?
not really considered scary. but hostel by far.

5) Have you ever experienced something so scary or traumatic that time actually slowed down in your brain?
not yet. thankfully

Reactions: caz16

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Here are some time consuming questions for a monotonous, endless day, waiting for 7:00.

1) Tell us about a funny phrase your parents, grandparents, teachers, etc., used to say that no one uses now.

2) If you were given a chance to go back in time, would you have wanted to experience Woodstock? I mean, actually lived there for the whole thing in the field.

4) Do you like scary movies? If so, which is the scariest movie in your opinion?

5) Have you ever experienced something so scary or traumatic that time actually slowed down in your brain?
All answers are no/none except for 4 - the Bela Lugosi Dracula and Legend with Tim Curry.....even the Bram Stoker Dracula book scared me...

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Been less than a week and I simply hate being unemployed. Have had a bunch of interviews with more on the way and a try next week at sophies sax 5th ave. But sitting around is just nerve wracking.

And I keep going back to how this chef just took a gigantic shit on me before I left. I didnt deserve that after everything.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1716076940740.png

Reactions: Kate08

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

1. I can't remember any
2. No. I was only 6 at the time.
3. I was Leatherface from "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" Used red stain for blood & borrowed my father's chain saw.
4. No. The only scary movies I've ever liked is the Evil Dead series starring Bruce Campbell, mainly because they are full of humor
5. Not that I can recall.

Are you in bed at 8:15?

Sometimes I am if I am especially tired or sick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Today was such a good day. I feel so free and happy. Just lots of good things happening. I can feel the energy shift. No more bad energy allowed into my space. When you can do that, it's an unstoppable force.

I felt like this today. Still do! Freedom!
Screenshot_20240518_221003_Chrome.jpg

Wanted some ice cream to celebrate. I had none. My friend called me and we're having a quick check up. I tell him what's going on. Hes in my area. He's happy. I told him I'm all out of ice cream. He tells me I got something for you dont worry. Me very skeptical ..."okay what".

And look what it is. Look what he dropped off. He bought 2 and gave me 1.

20240518_220803.jpg

Got to love good people! It's not a sundae, but that'll do just fine! Happy Saturday night, folks!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
With Bruins hockey a memory, I'm looking for a new sport to watch. I have tried baseball, football, soccer, basketball.....they don't do anything for me.

Hubby just suggested Australian rugby - what do you think @Aussie Bruin ? Do you follow it?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
With Bruins hockey a memory, I'm looking for a new sport to watch. I have tried baseball, football, soccer, basketball.....they don't do anything for me.

Hubby just suggested Australian rugby - what do you think @Aussie Bruin ? Do you follow it?

@caz16 it depends what you mean by 'rugby'. Rugby union personally I'd avoid. Great sport at the international level, but the domestic comp is only so-so, IMO. Then we have rugby league, as in the NRL, which is a simpler, faster version of the game, same as played in northern England. I enjoy that. Worth a look if you can find it on TV.

Finally, we have Aussie Rules football (AFL), our home-grown sport. It's good - fast, physical, athletic. Big crowds a lot of the time so plenty of atmosphere. Like all sports the quality varies from game to game, so there are some duds and there's a case to be made that the quality of the product this year is a little up and down. But it's still fun and @Fenway can vouch that you can get into it as an outsider and enjoy it. So that's another option.

Hope you find something to your liking!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
@caz16 it depends what you mean by 'rugby'. Rugby union personally I'd avoid. Great sport at the international level, but the domestic comp is only so-so, IMO. Then we have rugby league, as in the NRL, which is a simpler, faster version of the game, same as played in northern England. I enjoy that. Worth a look if you can find it on TV.

Finally, we have Aussie Rules football (AFL), our home-grown sport. It's good - fast, physical, athletic. Big crowds a lot of the time so plenty of atmosphere. Like all sports the quality varies from game to game, so there are some duds and there's a case to be made that the quality of the product this year is a little up and down. But it's still fun and @Fenway can vouch that you can get into it as an outsider and enjoy it. So that's another option.

Hope you find something to your liking!
Thank you for the info. I am going to check it out and see what I can access. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sick kid at home day 8 for the month of May. Not showing any signs of letting up. This is the best. He did just manage to devour two pieces of ALMOST dry toast and he's starting to sip his electrolyte laced water a little more aggressively. I'll take it.

AC is being finished up at the house today. Gotta head over there soon and pay the last $k on that. The sidewalk and curb cut for the driveway is being finished today supposedly. We spent all day Sunday painting, still feels like painting will never end. Kitchen cabinets to be hung by Wednesday.

I think we have also spend well over a grand on rugs, and still have to get a 20 foot runner and an 8x10

Getting closer to a final estimate on everything, and there is very little room left for new vinyl or profit for the in-laws who have acted as contractors and day laborers for a few months now. I am never moving again

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Sick kid at home day 8 for the month of May. Not showing any signs of letting up. This is the best. He did just manage to devour two pieces of ALMOST dry toast and he's starting to sip his electrolyte laced water a little more aggressively. I'll take it.

AC is being finished up at the house today. Gotta head over there soon and pay the last $k on that. The sidewalk and curb cut for the driveway is being finished today supposedly. We spent all day Sunday painting, still feels like painting will never end. Kitchen cabinets to be hung by Wednesday.

I think we have also spend well over a grand on rugs, and still have to get a 20 foot runner and an 8x10

Getting closer to a final estimate on everything, and there is very little room left for new vinyl or profit for the in-laws who have acted as contractors and day laborers for a few months now. I am never moving again
They're Portuguese Louis , work is their cocaine.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Hope he feels better soon! I had a telehealth call yesterday to get some antibiotics and a steroid to kick this sinus/uper respiratory nonsense out of my body once and fo all.

I hear you on never moving again but it sounds like you are in the homestretch now. fingers crossed it is smooth sailing from here on out.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watched this all day yesterday miss cooking. Cant even cook for my parents because everything I suggest isnt good for them or is too rich or too much meat.

Interview today one tomorrow and a waffle house one on Wednesday

Unemployed a week and im going insane nothing to do

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpeg
    IMG_2471.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I made this hideous, creepy mask about 50 years ago in art class at school. I can't believe I still have it ..... so ..... when we walked the trail today, I took it with me. There are some smaller paths that go down to the river, that aren't used much. I went a little way down one and put it almost inside a decaying log. I want someone to have a Jumanji moment when they find it.
Lucky for me, there was a couple on our way back that went down the path just as we were walking by. They both said "Oh!!!" and looked but didn't stop. As they walked further, I heard the man say "Wow...wow...wow"
I will be curious to see if anyone dares to pick it up and to take it. I wouldn't!

1716221533787.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad