GDT: We’re not in Columbus anymore CAR@DAL

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, certainly some ugly portions of that game, but great to find a way to win. It was one of those games where a rough 10 minutes or so really could have sunk them, but they dug down deep.

Nice to see the guys that have been stepping up big recently continue it with Staal being a monster, Trocheck continuing to get points, Svech and Aho making some things happen, and big goals from Brock and Nino. Pesce is also phenomenal right now and Skjei is pretty good as well.

Geekie has been not great and was awful tonight. I think I'd take him out for the next game. Slavin, whether conditioning or being affected by covid, still is not his normal self. Might still leave him better than many D, but not good enough yet. Hamilton is still oddly slow in spots, but a hell of a pass for the winner.

The fact that we have guys like Slavin, Dougie (in spite of his point production), and Teuvo not playing all that well, and we're missing guys every night, including Mrazek and Necas right now, and still in every game and winning most is great.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
McLovin!

BlackIdealHackee-size_restricted.gif
Is he being... intamit with a lady in this scene?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
McGinn needs 9 in the last 45 to finish with a 20 goal pace. With Fast getting off to an unproductive start, the Top 9 minutes are there for the taking.

He could be the 2021 Komarov/Roussel/Tanev Bottom 6er that gets term with a $3 mil+ cap hit if he continues to produce. I’m rooting for him.

Jesper Fast must be doing the (now classic) half year to adjust to the Canes' system phase that almost everyone on our team has now gone through. You can blame half of it on quarantine, though.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
He's doing the $2M AAV impression of PDG.

Ah, the glass half full vs. the glass half empty take in full force. You were definitely a fan during the dark age LOL, when everything was glass half empty for a reason and when we were rummaging through the likes of first-pairing stalwart Jay Harrison to save us.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
How do we suck so much ass and still manage to find ourselves tied
I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE

Okay, I've been watching on tape delay and just caught up to the end of the 2nd. May I just say that I take back every bad word I've said about Brock McGinn? I don't know what's gotten into him, but he seems like he's turning into a legit scorer. The goals he's been scoring have not been flukes. They're good skilled plays, and it's really fun to watch.

Either that, or he's having his Jeff Hamilton moment.
MR. MCGINN BROCK DOESN'T LIKE BEING QUESTIONED.
Admittedly, I have an affinity for energy guys who play like they really, really want to be there.
WHEN HE'S ON HE IS BUSTING HIS ASS AND THAT'S JUST WHAT I WANNA SEE AS WELL.
Anybody else pants free after Nino's goal? No? Just me? Alright then.
NO JUDGMENT HERE.
BROOKLYN 99?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad