Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
May the best card win!

MOROZOV

Morozov presents...

From a sold out Soldier Field in Chicago Illinois

The War in Chiraq

A Dream Realized
One of history's most beloved icons chases World Championship Glory from one of its most despised villains

"The Macho Man" Randy Savage with Miss Elizabeth vs "The Straight Edge Saviour" CM Punk (c) with Serena Deeb

A Family Legacy At Stake
The Legend Killer's ascension takes aim at one of Wrestling's most renowned families.

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart with Jim Neidhart vs "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton

Hardcore Tag Team Turmoil
An anything goes Chicago Street Fight for the World Tag Team Championship

The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Dudley Boyz vs Harlem Heat (c)

The People's Uprising
With Illinois behind him, DDP chases one of wrestling's greatest prizes, the Intercontinental Championship

"The Peoples Champion" Diamond Dallas Page vs "The Franchise" Shane Douglas with Francine

Luchas de Apuestas
Mask vs Hair in this high stakes, high flying encounter

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs "The Godfather of Anarchy" Jerry Lynn

Mind Games
Raven's Flock face the firing squad of the Loose Cannon. With Saturn patrolling ringside, if Raven loses, The Flock must disband.

"The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman with Saturn vs Raven with The Flock

More than a Diva
Two of the most beautiful and talented women's wrestlers clash for the Womens Championship

Mickie James vs Gail Kim (c)

Ultimate X Spectacular
The Cruiserweight Championship dangles from the infamous X cables waiting to be claimed

Juventud Guerrera (c) vs Taka Michinoku vs Billy Kidman vs Christopher Daniels vs The 1-2-3 Kid vs Low Ki vs The Amazing Red vs Jack Evans

Gang Warfare
Englewood spreads into the squared circle in three-man, single pinfall tag brutality

"The Nation of Domination" Farooq, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa vs "LAX" Konnan, Homicide, Hernandez

When Worlds Collide
Ruthless aggression unleashed between two of wrestling's most potent attacking weapons

"The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga vs "The Innovator of Offense" Chris Kanyon

VS

GKJ

Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling presents:
Wrestlevania 1
"Not to be confused with Wrestlemania"

Commentators: Jim Ross and Steve Corino

1. Dalton Castle vs. Jack Gallagher
Singles Match

Having both lost a #1 contenders match to face Marty Scurll for the PCW Commonwealth Championship, Dalton Castle and Jack Gallagher agree to a match. Jack Gallagher with his 'bombastic' introduction, Dalton Castle has his eclectic and flamboyant entrance, that as a ROH town would definitely be over in Philadelphia.

Summation: Awesome entrances to get the crowd warmed up.

2. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara/Mistico) vs. Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven)
#1 Contender Match for the PCW Tag Team Championship
Triple Threat Elimination Match

Standard triple threat tag with the threw other tag teams I was able to find.

3. Kevin Nash vs. Roman Reigns
Singles Match

Roman Reigns has waged war on everybody and has beaten everybody who put themselves in front of him. Former champions, retirements, people who just want to take him down, big, small, whoever, and he doesn't need the world title to prove it. Kevin Nash says that he's never faced him, he's bigger (3 inches taller than Strowman), he's been a champion, he's been at the top, he's been the biggest and hottest name in the business before. And he knows that Philadelphia has been waiting for years for someone to kick his ass in front of them.

Summation: Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Nash in the hossiest hoss battle that's ever hossed. Likely a short match, in the mid-card where everyone says they'd rather see him, it's not like Kevin Nash can go more than 10 minutes.

4. Alexa Bliss vs. Rosemary
Luchas de Apuestas

This is one that I hope writes itself. Having ended up on the losing-end of the PCW Women's Championship program after losing a "Title on a Forklift" match, Alexa is mad and distraught, and Rosemary appears and says that it seems that "Alexa needs someone new to play with." Envision Alexa Bliss being skeeved out with Rosemary's mannerisms and and such, and Rosemary "invites" Alexa to have a match at Wrestlevania. I have an image in my head of he build up where Rosemary is up in Alexa's face when she makes the challenge, and Alexa just kind of incredulously back off, like when you find a spider crawling on you, with an "ok psycho!" quip, while Rosemary is laughing at her. She continuously creeps out and scares Alexa, appearing backstage in dark places, out from under the ring, through the ring, in the rafters, waiting in gorilla for her, etc. Rosemary wants Alexa to see the "darkness behind the light" if she wins the match, while if Alexa wins, Rosemary has to drop the gimmick.

Summation: This would be the all-time mic work in women's wrestling. Alexa trying to not be creeped out by Rosemary should bring out some awesome facial expressions. You decide who is the heel and face here. Just think of all the faces Alexa makes while Rosemary is laughing at her. The IWC wonders and would get excited about these two being a tag team.

5. Marty Scurll (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero, Jr. vs. Steve Corino
PCW Commonwealth Championship Match
Triple Threat

Marty Scurll, who has held the PCW Commonwealth (highest tertiary title in the promotion) since he joined PCW late last year, has sort of been through the ringer through the UK, and the American indies, and conquered them all while always having great matches, seeks a new challenge with prestigious name-value. He joined the Bullet Club because they have common goals to raise their name-value and become the hottest thing in wrestling, and says that 2017 is going to be the "Year of Marty Scurll." Chavo Guerrero, Jr, who previously won an afore-mentioned #1 contender's match for a shot at the title, puts over that Scurll has never been in the ring with a Guerrero, and until he does that, he can talk about being the biggest thing in the industry. Steve Corino, because he can, inserts himself into the match since the event is in Philadelphia, should actually be worrying about beating someone from this town moreso than the world, and wants to defend his hometown.

Steve Corino, an adopted Philadelphian between ECW and ROH, having heard enough of this Philadelphia talk in the build-up, decided to come off of commentary and take part in the action and enters himself in the match. You see, Corino, apart from being commentator, is also a default authority figure aka "matchmaker." Young Bucks join the commentary booth in place of Corino, who led their support to the recently-made Bullet Club member Marty Scurll. Chavo plays the role of overlooked above-average worker, and I was looking for a top-tier Mexican.

Summation: Awesome triple threat match with three excellent workers.

6. The Dudley Boyz (c) (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)
Extreme Rules
PCW Tag Team Championship

The Dudley Boyz have been globe trotters in a few different promotions, but ECW has always been close to their heart in the promotion where the started and got over. As the Tag Team Champions, they feel an obligation to themselves and to the city of Philadelphia to make Wrestlevania as extreme as they can. They want the Young Bucks, since they won't come to WWE, because it'll be the two best tag teams in history, it'll be a killer match, it'll be extreme rules, and we'll tear the damn house down as everybody chants "Holy ****" and "E C ****ing W" for the whole match. Young Bucks accept and say they're going to turn Wrestlevania into a Superkick Par-tay superkick the **** out of everybody while Steve Corino has a fit of ecstasy on commentary - until getting superkicked himself. In the buildup, there is a YouTube video promoted of the Young Bucks titled "A Day of Superkicks" and then enter the arena and instead of walking, they only do superkicks even though nobody is there.

Summation: The Dudley Boyz and Young Bucks agree to a match, meant to be a spot fest. Things become uncool when the superkicking gets out of hand during the buildup.

7. Bayley (c) vs. Princess Kimberlee (c)
Title for Title
PCW Women's Championship
CHIKARA Grand Championship

Having won the PCW Women's Championship for a second time, Bayley has found vindication and confidence given that she won the title in a clean finish - without any help, ridiculous elimination matches that had their time cut, or putting weapons in play. Now, she wants to defend her title in a 1-on-1, in Philadelphia, at Wrestlevania. Answering the call is CHIKARA Grand Champion Princess Kimberlee, who puts herself over as the Princess of Philadelphia. She went to school, trained, grew up and lived in Philadelphia, which since everybody actually hates Philadelphia except Philadelphians, draws a ton of heel heat, especially at the go-home event before the show in Pittsburgh. Kimberlee feels that since Bayley is so squeaky clean, Bayley might be intimidated or nervous, or too anxious to come into her kingdom in Philadelphia. If she works hard and is a winner who embraces the challenge, the town will "start" to love her too, eventually. But if you're a fake, phony, and/or all-hype, then it will never happen. Kimberlee is willing to up the ante by putting her CHIKARA Grand Championship on the line - a title she won to become the champion in a men's promotion - in Philadelphia, and "make history" in a title-for-title match that's presumably never happened in the history of Women's Wrestling. Bayley, with the pressure on her, and knows Kimberlee is probably right, accepts. Everybody in the business knows that "if you can get over in Philly, you can get over anywhere."

Summation: Adorable, not poorly-written Bayley faces the challenge of an actual, legitimate hostile environment against Princess Kimberlee, playing the hometown hero who is going to get a CM Punk-in-Chicago reaction, because this is my city and that's what they do.

8. Samoa Joe vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Singles Match

Hiroshi Tanahashi has recently been signed to PCW, so he has yet to have an opponent set up for him at Wrestlevania. In his debut, he puts over the promotion has the hottest promotion in the world and wants to be part of taking it to the next level. Samoa Joe interrupts and blasts him for thinking he's the kind of guy who "we need here." His star has begun to fall over in Japan and doesn't get to just walk into another promotion just because he thinks he's so great, when in reality, he hasn't proved anything. At the same time, Tanahashi has always avoided Joe even though they had run in some of the same circles (I was surprised to see that Joe and Tanahashi had never met in the ring). Philadelphia is a town Joe has already conquered, even though Tanahashi has worked here before. Joe wants to choke Tanahashi out and embarrass him, and while there are teases of them getting physical leading up to the match, it never comes to blows. Joe chokes everybody out in build-up matches.

Summation: Hiroshi Tanahashi has to go through Samoa Joe if he thinks he can just walk in as if he can just leave Japan and walk in somewhere else and be a big star.

9. Sasha Banks vs. Manami Toyota
Singles Match
2 out of 3 Falls

Sasha Banks has hit a rut in her career. She's main-evented big shows, once a house show in Philadelphia, but came out on the wrong end of a title feud a few months ago and has been in a struggle to remain in contention, and looks to be the odd woman out at Wrestlevania. She doesn't have quite the same aura as she did when the Boss was at her height, her star doesn't shine quite as bright as it should be. She's appeals to Bayley who is like "dude, we're sisters. You've worked too hard, an we're supposed to be having killer matches and stealing the show here since we can't do that in the other promotion we work for," and agree to have a match "next week." She's appealed to Sam Roberts on his podcast, when he was like "you gotta find what made you the Boss." Steve Corino tells her that she needs to find what she's missing, which may be learning how to do a superkick. Jim Ross tells her to look within herself. Finally, a week after losing the non-title match to Bayley, chairman and owner of PCW, G. Kim Johnsson, makes a rare appearance on the show, in the ring, to address Sasha. He says that of all the talent here, she is his favorite wrestler, and has been counting on her to be the top star of the promotion, man, woman, or otherwise. It's a lot of pressure, and knows she is "born to do this." Wrestlevania is a huge show, in his city of Philadelphia, and he wants Sasha to have a huge match and steal the show like he shows she can. So, he's decided to present her with an opportunity, and brought someone with him who he feels is going to bring out the best in Sasha. Enter Manami Toyota, who has had like 46 5-star matches or something rated by Dave Meltzer. Any woman trying to be a wrestling star as very probably seen a bunch of these matches. Just to add a little more, this is going to be 2 out of 3 falls. Is Sasha can beat her twice, then it will leave no doubt in anyone's mind what she's capable of. After a couple weeks of build up matches against others with other woman watching, and a tag match where Sasha and Toyota are partners try to out-do the other, Sasha hits the backstabber on Toyota (who only half-sells it), as they both stare and smirk at each other. It appears that the Boss has returned, but Toyota looks on as if Sasha doesn't know what she's in for.

Summation: All-time Women's Wrestling 5-Star Dream Matchup. Sasha Banks needs to stare down the best women's wrestler of all time to get her career back on track, and also lay claim to said title.

10. A.J. Styles (c) vs. the Undertaker
Hell in a Cell
PCW World Championship

A.J. Styles, after the last major event where he defended the PCW title in a match that was not as bad as people figured it would be, which surprised people since this is A.J. Styles we're taking about, cuts a promo about his next challenge. And he noticed that at said major event, that there seemed to be an overshadowing of his accomplishment, alluding to the Undertaker's presumed retirement ceremony. Styles knows that we've heard a lot about "dream matches" and "once in a lifetime" and how people say their careers are never complete if they don't do this, that or the other thing, says that he wants the Undertaker, which gets no response from the deadman. Following week, Styles does the same thing, calls out the Undertaker, and wants to put PCW title on the line, giving the Undertaker the opportunity to retire as the champion "as he should." Styles does it again, offering the Undertaker's "yard" inside Hell in a Cell, and that he will get a chance to "tear the house down" before retiring. Frustrated without getting a response, Styles claims that this challenge isn't even about "me or you," but about the wrestling business, and doesn't think the business would ever be complete unless they met this one time. The business never had Cena vs. Hogan, Shawn Michaels vs. the Rock, or Austin vs. CM Punk when we could have, or even Undertaker never fought Sting when it's something everybody wanted. Everybody knows that underneath that facade, the Undertaker has always been a company man who answers the bell, and all A.J. Styles is doing is giving him that last opportunity. The Undertaker finally answers with his traditional gong-black out-appearing act in the ring, and says that it's Styles' career that he's digging a grave for, and accepts the match under all the conditions Styles has offered. Styles offers a handshake to which Undertaker responds and just says "You're right" and with a lightning bolt he disappears.

Summation: A.J. Styles does whatever he has to do to get the Undertaker to accept one last match, the Undertaker's actual retirement match, with the build and promotion of the Undertaker's last match, Hell in a Cell, etc. the greatest character in wrestling against the best wrestler in the world.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Very, very close. I find that Morozov has faced a very tough road in this competition. Both of these cards have good depth and nice changes of pace throughout the card.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Going with Morozov.

Tiebreaker logic was GKJ and I used a lot of the same wrestlers, so went with the different card.

Otherwise this is too close to call for me. Two really good cards.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im a simple man

I see Styles/Taker HIAC

I click vote

not to mention I love GKJ's whole card anyway

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Very very tough call, but CM Punk vs. Macho Man I think I would rather see that Main Event, it's what pushed me to that side. Not that I don't love the other main event either. I am sure Nash vs. Reigns may score negative points in some peoples minds too. :laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I just sat for the last 10 minutes deciding. Your card really is the **** GKJ, I'm sorry not to vote for it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seem to be short on total voters this round than we were before

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well played GKJ.

Thanks. This was my first shot at this, and while I don't know if I could come up with as good of ideas as I had here, I am proud of the card I put together. It's led me to do some more creative writing (a writers block that hindered me from doing my yearly top albums list), so even if I didn't win, I did get something I was looking for, and I am doing some write ups for the results I had planned if anybody is interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad