GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If the Oilers win we should all create twitter accounts and just shit talk him.

I used to like Friedman but he’s just like any other national reporter that has a disdain for the Oilers. Considering Bieksa spent most of his career with the Canucks, he’s been the least biased on that panel, which says a lot.
This is what's so ridiculous. Bieksa is the most reasonable out of all of them. They even got Gazdic saying McD is diving when the canuck has to scoop his legs up 3 feet in the air.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Connor Brown with two tonight and absolutely nobody complains about his bonus next year.
As an Oiler fan I would love nothing more but I have a better chance of winning 649 AND going on a date with Paige Spirinac than Brown scoring twice tonight.

Edit - I’d consider giving up those lottery wins for even one Brown goal tonight. Not dealing on the date though. Heh heh.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Am i living in an alternate reality?

Evander Kane is friendly to him. That's all it takes for some minor individual who can have a huge impact to get behind you.

Would be good gamesmanship if Connor Leon would do the same with others in the league.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If Brown scores twice tonight he'll have 2 more goals than McLeod and Foegele combined.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I have to admit... bubbling up somewhere allongside my hatred of the 'Nucks is concern for Boeser. That really has to suck for him, and it will hurt the team given the way he's been playing.
I had to admit that right now, as I am sure I will have nothing nice to say about the Canucks again for the foreseeable future.
I’m sure he’ll be okay, they’ve got great doctors around them. But yeah I feel for him, brutal timing and scary situation.

Never want to see anything that affects someone’s career or risks their life. That being said in the playoffs I’m all for hurting the opposition, just hoping for minor injuries that they can play through, not anything really serious.

Get well, but hope you lose too

Reactions: brentashton

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Gazdic was pretty fair in his assessment. He didn't single out McDavid, he called out both teams. Both teams are guilty of it.
He singled out a clip of McDavid getting his legs literally lifted out from under him. Calling out both sides is fine, but of course SN is gonna make him show a (imo not a dive) clip of McDavid because Toronto is so angsty about him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
He singled out a clip of McDavid getting his legs literally lifted out from under him. Calling out both sides is fine, but of course SN is gonna make him show a (imo not a dive) clip of McDavid because Toronto is so angsty about him.
Is this from game 6 where they showed dives from each team? I think they were just trying to be fair, Oilers only had 1-2 clips that looked like embellishment and they weren’t too egregious imo. But I’m probably biased too.

Reactions: T-Funk

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Is this from game 6 where they showed dives from each team? I think they were just trying to be fair, Oilers only had 1-2 clips that looked like embellishment and they weren’t too egregious imo. But I’m probably biased too.
Yes I believe that's the one.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Something I've learned over the years, Jason NEVER admits he's wrong. He is too prideful to do that. Great advocator for charities and other goodwill things, but he get's SUPER arrogant when people try to 'challenge' him.
Rob Brown is similar. He acts like a child if one disagrees or challenges him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Something I've learned over the years, Jason NEVER admits he's wrong. He is too prideful to do that. Great advocator for charities and other goodwill things, but he get's SUPER arrogant when people try to 'challenge' him.
Lol yeh I could see that. I mean in this very conversation he said the 11-0-1 run just means the Nucks were good this year, so of course they won lots of games under Rooney. I corrected him and said that record was over 3 years including years where the Nucks were shit. No acknowledgement of that factual mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad