GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Need more big hits, face off wins, the PP to actually get back to scoring goals and most of all, limit chances against Skinner. When they throw the body and limit Vancouvers shots they win, like last game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Guys, don't let the refereeing be an excuse. The Oilers should do everything to leave no doubt about who the better team is. The worst thing to have happen is the game decided by a fluke goal or a bad call.

Please, for the love of everything good, SHOOT THE PUCK. McDavid, please don't look off prime scoring opportunities. Don't piss away 2-on-1s. Bear down on your chances. I don't want to see any sure goals missed. Make Silovs work for every save.

Come out of the gate flying. HIt everything in sight and wear them down.

No stupid penalties, brain farts, or pizzas from Nurse (or anyone else). All of the players need to be their best version of themselves.

And, if Skinner lets in two stinkers, PLEASE PULL HIM!
Agreed. Let’s go get that W. f*** the refs, but we control our own destiny. McJesus will not be denied.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@Fourier responding to your post in the PGT, I never saw the final against the Flyers, nor was I alive to watch the 80s Oilers. I did see game 7 of the final against the Hurricanes. That was definitely stressful but at that point in time, my heart wasn't fully invested in the team. After that run, I became a fanatic and unfortunately we sucked from that point until 2017.

I'm perfectly calm now but come puck drop... Oh boy. This game could very well determine if Draisaitl and McDavid stay in Edmonton. Guess for now we sit tight and wait.
View attachment 873515
I’m off work tomorrow thank god. Can have a drink or ten

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Need more big hits, face off wins, the PP to actually get back to scoring goals and most of all, limit chances against Skinner. When they throw the body and limit Vancouvers shots they win, like last game.
That said it would be nice to see skinner actually steal a game. Pikard almost did. If that was skinner he lets in like 7 goals. Lol. Please have a good game skinner. Please. Please. Please.

Last edited:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
That game 7 anxiety hits hard.

61etsx.jpg

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Fk it's a lose lose for Edmonton tonight no matter the outcome

We win, " blah blah edmonton should of won we didn't have demko we didn't have boser blah blah"

We lose " hahah edmonton couldn't even beat us with out demko and boser ha ha ha what bums blah blah"

With that said let's blow them out and take the anxiety right out of it right from the start

Amd for the love of God if and when we take a lead keep pushing like game 6. Van had no answer..........

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
You have to think that McDavid and Draisaitl have been in this spot and are sick and tired of going home early. Last year was a step backwards and we should have made the SCF by this time in Drai and McDavid's careers. Nothing is guaranteed of course but we have a lot riding on this year being a step forward.

Ya if there’s ever a time where the 2 best players in the world need to play like it, it’s in game 7, and the boys shouldn’t need any extra motivation after last year

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad