GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What a bunch of horseshit. How does Holland not have an ear in the ref manager/director in this series about this. Like only one game tonight, they could have picked any f***in ref in this League.
But predictable right?

This is the league the Oilers live in.

My own take is the boys have to lay claim on the game and not leave it to chance or anything else. Other teams get this too. Dallas had to win their series deciding OT game 3-1 in a new low for the NHL.

The trouble with a game 7 is letting the series get to 7 games.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
There really is no excuse for this team to lose today.

It's an AHL goalie, their best scorer is injured. Their top defenceman hasn't scored in almost 20 games.

As well its the Oilers that are the veteran playoff team.

If skinner doesn't shit the bed no excuse for not winning.

Which is precisely why I’m going to be stressed out of my mind until the game is over. The series should be 5-1, not 3-3. Skinner choked away a 3 goal lead so nothing feels safe tonight

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
@Fourier responding to your post in the PGT, I never saw the final against the Flyers, nor was I alive to watch the 80s Oilers. I did see game 7 of the final against the Hurricanes. That was definitely stressful but at that point in time, my heart wasn't fully invested in the team. After that run, I became a fanatic and unfortunately we sucked from that point until 2017.

I'm perfectly calm now but come puck drop... Oh boy. This game could very well determine if Draisaitl and McDavid stay in Edmonton. Guess for now we sit tight and wait.
View attachment 873515
That 2006 team was probably my low point in terms of my own investment in the team. Living out east it had been an incredibly busy time for me and following the team was much harder back then. While disappointed I must say that I am more nervous about tonight than I was about that series. Partly because the 2006 team significantly exceeded my expectations while I very much want this version of the team to find success.

I was at the Philly game and remember how tense it was when the Flyers scored that early pp goal. Finally Kurri put them ahead later in the second but until Anderson scored I think everyone in the building had there hearts pounding full tilt. The whole building just erupted when that goal was scored.

I think you are right that this game may be a game changer as far as Draisaitl and McDavid are concerned. I hope not, but you never know. For me that is where much of my stress lies. I think if they win tonight but don't get by Dallas, then as long as they are competitive Leon will re-sign. A loss tonight may make that somewhat less likely, though I still think he stays.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Add Kozari and Cowell and you have it right. We can only hope that Hebert calls it fair because Rooney will be looking for any excuse.
Forgot about Cowell. Kozari I was going to add but he hasn’t been bad-bad the last season or two.

Schlenker is from Med Hat and he, Hanson & McIsaac are by far the WORST. Not surprised Schlenker didn’t make the cut for the playoff officials and with how bad Hanson is against the Oilers, I’m surprised the league didn’t assign him and Rooney to do this one. I don’t think Hanson has been assigned one Oiler playoff game yet this postseason.

This was for round one.

Here’s for round 2. Hanson was cut after the opening round, amongst other terrible refs :laugh:.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You have to think that McDavid and Draisaitl have been in this spot and are sick and tired of going home early. Last year was a step backwards and we should have made the SCF by this time in Drai and McDavid's careers. Nothing is guaranteed of course but we have a lot riding on this year being a step forward.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Van is going to get their matchups tonight so we need to capitalize on the PP and need some help from the bottom 6. Anyone who has performed poorly up to this point can wash that all away with a good performance in g7

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Guys, don't let the refereeing be an excuse. The Oilers should do everything to leave no doubt about who the better team is. The worst thing to have happen is the game decided by a fluke goal or a bad call.

Please, for the love of everything good, SHOOT THE PUCK. McDavid, please don't look off prime scoring opportunities. Don't piss away 2-on-1s. Bear down on your chances. I don't want to see any sure goals missed. Make Silovs work for every save.

Come out of the gate flying. HIt everything in sight and wear them down.

No stupid penalties, brain farts, or pizzas from Nurse (or anyone else). All of the players need to be their best version of themselves.

And, if Skinner lets in two stinkers, PLEASE PULL HIM!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Just a reminder folks. This game demands our full attention to ensure that there be no legumes

1716227326331.gif

Get ready, be prepared

1716227389036.gif

Preparation being the key

1716227488484.gif

Vancouver will know

1716227589548.gif

The final result

1716227691314.gif

1716227770881.gif

On to Big Dallas.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Canucks have a lot of reasons to lose this game and a lot of excuses to write this one off.
I hope its an entertaining one at the least.
good luck to you all
You guys have an ace in the hole in Chris Rooney though. Don’t underestimate his impact. You’re not 11-0-1 with him reffing your games by accident.

We also have Skinner, who is either slightly above average or dogshit. No in-between and no idea which version shows up to start or when one will make an in-game appearance. Dogshit Skinner showed up in game 1 with 23 minutes left to play or this series would have been over by now.

Last edited:

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
But predictable right?

My own take is the boys have to lay claim on the game and not leave it to chance or anything else. Other teams get this too. Dallas had to win their series deciding OT game 3-1 in a new low for the NHL.

The league wants McDrai to fail, so they leave to a "relevant" team down south. This is a subtle thing they can do to tip the scales in their favour. Completely horseshit on purpose sabotage. I hope it doesn't matter tonight.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What a bunch of horseshit. How does Holland not have an ear in the ref manager/director in this series about this. Like only one game tonight, they could have picked any f***in ref in this League.
Holland is too busy negotiating his contract with Columbus these days to have any care or time for the team that he still allegedly works for.

87 7th game final was nerves personified. Starting when the crooks at the willcall booth tried to pretend they couldn't find my 8 tickets, or alternately they had no record of the transaction. This being before tech and internet. Knew it was a scam. Person at front was trying to scam me out of my bought tickets so they could have them or sell them for profit. f***ers. Needed to have confirmation number, Visa transaction verification, the exact section, exact seat numbers, printed receipt, all of which I had on me because shit like this has happened before. Had to get a manager in there who apologized, for what we both knew was an attempted sham on the employees part, which I mentioned. Took us 15mins to get our tickets . Good thing we arrived early.

Had to go through that shit just to get in. Never trusted Willcall before or after. Back then if you bought the tickets through phone you could only buy with Credit card and only pickup through willcall booth at game. No other options. Then the suspense of the whole game.
Very similar scenario to my dad trying to get into an Edmonton Flyers game back in the 50's. Willcall was called ticket vendor then. You guys might have bumped into each other.;):D:laugh:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think these two are huge problems
Honestly, I don't give a shit about the refs. We don't want to be one of those fanbases that makes the ref excuse if they lose. I don't feel like the refs have been more egregious this series than usual and don't feel like either team has been shafted.

The Oilers need to go out and play this like a playoff game or, in other words, do the exact opposite of what they did in Games 1 and 5 in particular. I don't care if it's Chris Rooney, Principal Rooney or Mickey Rooney reffing the game, the team needs to go out and take the game with real desperation and not leave it up to anybody else.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
In my opinion, the refs that call bad games involving the Oilers are:
Rooney
Schlenker
Hanson
McIsaac
St. Laurent
Pollock
Ghislain Hebert (not Jean, who is the other ref tonight. Jean is pretty decent most of the time)
Lee
Chmielewski
Furlatt
Skillitor
Dwyer
Luxmore
Nicholson

Quite a list but they’re all shit refs, especially the first 6.
All shit. And somehow we get the worst of the bunch.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We played a great Game 6. But there’s room for improvement. Started game 6 energy but execution was off. Lots of whiffed shots, missed shots, near miss passes, bad penalties. Oilers need to get their big game jitters out of the way early and be firing on all cylinders with their execution.

We do that, and the Nucks can’t touch us. Off to the 3rd round we go. Huge W incoming.

But predictable right?

Agreed. Come out and take this game. Don’t give the refs any excuses to screw us. Execution and smarts has to be at a high level from puck drop. The Oilers will provide. We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad