GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Agree. But if they already have the new GM picked without an actual search like usual, then it could get worse instead of better.
I mean, even if McDrai, I don’t see this getting roster much better in a hurry. We have lots of players getttjnt older with bigger contracts. McDrai will start slowing down soon too.
The window to win the cup is almost closed, whether they stay or not.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
There is but only one man that should start in net tonight

1716069423989.jpeg

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Skinner better not blow it tonight! He best redeem himself or this decision will forever be criticized. He's been pathetic all series. Tonight.. he better have his best performance!

Lets go Boyz! You can't let Vancouver beat us! Force that game 7!

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Skinner better not blow it tonight! He best redeem himself or this decision will forever be criticized. He's been pathetic all series. Tonight.. he better have his beat performance!

Lets go Boyz! You can't let Vancouver beat us! Force that game 7!
It’s certainly a defining point in his career.

We wait. (Gulp)

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Pickard better be good and sick because if this is some sort of redemption BS then Knob and Schwartz can get f***ed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers fans if Skinner lets in a stinker

giphy.gif

I dunno what to expect from this team anymore. Last game was trash by all the players we depend 99% on to win. Pickard almost stole us a win. Now back to Skinner. These guys need to play the offensive and defensive games of their lives, twice. If we pull it off, we can proudly get destroyed by Dallas.

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton
Skinner’s career is on the line along with the dumb asses that decided this. I am rooting for him, it just makes no sense. How many times have we seen a goalie struggling benched, his replacement comes in and performs great, and the team goes on to a great run with the replacement. This instance the first goalie blows, a replacement comes in and plays great, and you get to an elimination game and they bring back the goalie that sucked. I can’t remember this exact situation happening before, you don’t pull the guy who is playing well.
Where is the accountability?! Its a bizarre look... Come in, play fantastic and your out?

Reactions: elmeroil

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I mean, even if McDrai, I don’t see this getting roster much better in a hurry. We have lots of players getttjnt older with bigger contracts. McDrai will start slowing down soon too.
The window to win the cup is almost closed, whether they stay or not.
New GM has his work cut out for him and Drai is going to have to take a hometown discount to get better players and a starting goalie to get them over the top.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
With Skinner getting the start tonight, the childishly cynical part of me is thinking that the Oil want the end result of this series to match with the rest of the second round.

Pickard must be really sick, because I can't understand this decision otherwise; Skinner's shown time and again that he can't be trusted in pressure situations in the playoffs. If they really must get him some more games, they should save it for early in the next series, though with the Canucks likely starving to finish this off tonight in combination with core Oilers players looking gassed in game 5 (illess or no), making it to the next series is feeling dangerously close to being out of reach.

Do or die time. I do hope that the Oilers and Skinner prove me wrong.

Reactions: Kerberos

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
With Skinner getting the start tonight, the childishly cynical part of me is thinking that the Oil want the end result of this series to match with the rest of the second round.

Pickard must be really sick, because I can't understand this decision otherwise; Skinner's shown time and again that he can't be trusted in pressure situations in the playoffs. If they really must get him some more games, they should save it for early in the next series, though with the Canucks likely starving to finish this off tonight in combination with core Oilers players looking gassed in game 5 (illess or no), making it to the next series is feeling dangerously close to being out of reach.

Do or die time. I do hope that the Oilers and Skinner prove me wrong.
If Pickard was that sick, Campbell would be backup and there’s no word of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad