GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
This doesn't feel like a battle. Feels like a funeral procession.

Well as long as they had fun, got a bit of excercise and had a few laughs along the way.

I wonder who's gonna head to the World Hockey Championships?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"We felt that Stu had a couple of days to reset and also spend some time on the ice to get back to his game; and we've seen Stu steal games for us before. Hes been our guy all year. In a situation like this that's who we want in net"
3263454-impliedfacepalm.jpg

Also a backhanded comment at Pickard because he’s the only reason there is a game 6 today.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The three goals Pickard let in last game were not good goals. Skinner is the better goalie but I don't have a lot of confidence in him bouncing back.

I understand the logic of you go with your best guy in an elimination game.
I do too.
I just wish that I had more confidence in Skinner.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
The Oilers allowed the fewest high-danger chances of any team in the playoffs, so you're wrong..having a goalie with a save percentage under .800 for two of the three games we lost is why we are facing elimination.

I think you didn't read what I wrote. I am not saying Skinner isn't the reason why we are on the brink of elimination, but that Picks/Campbell aren't winning us the cup either.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Costco is one of the most miserable places on earth.

Whenever I go in there I get the “people can hear you swearing at them you know” from my wife

That place brings out the worst in me
I feel this sentiment my friend. The depiction of Costco in idiocracy is I'd say pretty apt.

Hey, if going to the gasbar to "save money" make sure you have a full tank to not run out of gas in the lineup. jk

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
I think you didn't read what I wrote. I am not saying Skinner isn't the reason why we are on the brink of elimination, but that Picks/Campbell aren't winning us the cup either.

Then spare us your negative bullshit. The Oilers have mostly outplayed the Canucks in this series and our first two losses were almost entirely down to Skinner.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I feel this sentiment my friend. The depiction of Costco in idiocracy is I'd say pretty apt.

Hey, if going to the gasbar to "save money" make sure you have a full tank to not run out of gas in the lineup. jk
Yeah I have no idea how people go to Costco for gas. There is a 711 by my house I fill up at and never have a line.

Going to Costco for gas and waiting 45 minutes seems like the most Ken Holland type thing to do.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Yeah I have no idea how people go to Costco for gas. There is a 711 by my house I fill up at and never have a line.

Going to Costco for gas and waiting 45 minutes seems like the most Ken Holland type thing to do.
And buy enough hot dogs for the whole week every Saturday.

Reactions: Oilhawks

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
So take this for what it's worth, and Mods can DM me if they want. I can confirm, from what I've heard, there IS a Flu going through the team.

Explains, some what, the effort last game and McDavid's lack of legs. It's not meant as an excuse, just a thing happening.

I swear the "flu" runs through this team every couple of months. What's the deal? What is happening off the ice? Ha.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Playing Skinner tonight is unfair to everybody, including Skinner.
or anybodies liver

This Saturday night Skinner game is brought to you by your local Liquor store. Please enjoy Oilers fans and drink responsibly. Gallon Vodka bottles now sold out in the back. look for our new Vodka and Gin fill your own bottles pumps.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Whenever I go in there I get the “people can hear you swearing at them you know” from my wife

During the plandemic. Was forced to go there. Waited outside for 35 min in -30 weather. Got inside to no carts. Had to walk to almost the end of the parking lot to fetch a cart. Got back in after being made to wait another 10 arguing I was already inside. Had a few items in the cart, walked about 10ft from it to grab something, came back to to my items sitting in the aisle and my cart stolen
Had to walk across the parking lot again to get another.

Haven't been back since. F*** Costco!!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Costco on Saturday does suck, if you don't need clothes or some of the "stuff" in the middle, hit the business center one on the West End, top notch experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad