GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
The series isn’t over. Quitting now constitutes whining and a crappy fanbase. If fans want to air out their grievances and they do, they have all year to do that and we know from around here they do that all year anyways. But during game time, leave that shit at the door.
Stop being so rational, we just want to pull out our pitchforks and torches and wave them around!!

With that said I hope Skinner stone walls them and makes everyone eat crow.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Sure. Anyways GO OILERS GO is our job as fans at this point of the season and for this single game. I hope we can find it on ourselves to support the team and drop the ego for one night.

Fans will fan how they want, lol. I wouldn't put too much weight or too much focus on it when there's more better things to focus on. I'm cheering for the team to win tonight, and that's all that matters to me.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Playing Skinner is basically forfeiting the game and ruining him mentally for being among the biggest reasons we get eliminated twice from the playoffs.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
2 posters have already decided to not watch. Throwing in the towel and being big babies over it. Are we a passionate and supportive fanbase or are we a bunch of whiners and quitters?

Only Oilers fans can decide for themselves. Meanwhile Van is literally cheering their stars into better performances.

Not watching is such a pansy move. I'm confused with the decision but this could be the last game for awhile. I'm expecting a better effort from the team but I don't have a pile of faith in Skinner

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tell that to Jason Gregor. Tanev was a beast against Eichel and MacKinnon.
How Jason Gregor has a job or fans has always been surprising to me. His hockey knowlesge sucks, he is incredibly passive aggressive and he is wrong like 90% of the time.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How Jason Gregor has a job or fans has always been surprising to me. His hockey knowlesge sucks, he is incredibly passive aggressive and he is wrong like 90% of the time.

I don't listen to any of his radio shit haha. I just see him posted on my twitter TL. It's astounding how very wrong he was to even arrogantly say Tanev wouldn't be an upgrade over Ceci and if anybody said otherwise, he'd get all condescending.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not watching is such a pansy move. I'm confused with the decision but this could be the last game for awhile. I'm expecting a better effort from the team but I don't have a pile of faith in Skinner
It’s a long weekend, much better things to do than watch this bunch of losers let us down one last time this year. So I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to watch. That last game broke a lot of people and putting Skinner in net just cements it. Just like game 6 last year. Fans will show up more than the team will.

Reactions: Macheteops

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Disappointing to see and hear from me. But Fans will do as they please. And we call ourselves the best fans in hockey. f***in prove it.

• Haha

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Fans will fan how they want, lol. I wouldn't put too much weight or too much focus on it when there's more better things to focus on. I'm cheering for the team to win tonight, and that's all that matters to me.
Always cheering for success. Just realistic and mindful cheering

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't listen to any of his radio shit haha. I just see him posted on my twitter TL. It's astounding how very wrong he was to even arrogantly say Tanev wouldn't be an upgrade over Ceci and if anybody said otherwise, he'd get all condescending.
The Media loves Ceci and Nurse to an extent that’s unhealthy. They could go -50 and they would argue that it’s good and we should be shitting on McLeod for going -1 instead.

Reactions: McAsuno

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
"We felt that Stu had a couple of days to reset and also spend some time on the ice to get back to his game; and we've seen Stu steal games for us before. Hes been our guy all year. In a situation like this that's who we want in net"
Oh crap. My worst fears the org still thinks this, the coach still thinks this.

The thing is this is parroting Skinners own comments that he says he's a game stealer. he says it so the team actually believes it. Yeah he cheats results, for the opposition. This org is a comedy show at times.

oh well.

I actually think Oilers play their best game, give up around 20 shots, not much HDSC and this allows the org to continue to think Skinner bends results our way.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Disappointing to see and hear from me. But Fans will do as they please. And we call ourselves the best fans in hockey. f***in prove it.
We are the best fans in hockey cause we have very little bandwagon fans and have been here supporting the team for almost 30 years with a single cup final appearance to show for it. We watched the org be one of the worst pro sports organizations ever for most of that 30 years and most of us are still here.

This team and this org don’t deserve this fan base.

Like shit look at how massive our 50/50 is every single game. This fan base is better than this org and we have constantly shown it.

If the team wants cheers, f***ing show up. If they don’t want boos then stop playing like they have been since game 4 vs LA.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Media loves Ceci and Nurse to an extent that’s unhealthy. They could go -50 and they would argue that it’s good and we should be shitting on McLeod for going -1 instead.

Well McLeod has been rather disappointing too. I hope for once tonight I see his ass get to the dirty areas rather than play all perimeter again.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
We are the best fans in hockey cause we have very little bandwagon fans and have been here supporting the team for almost 30 years with a single cup final appearance to show for it. We watched the org be one of the pro sports organizations ever for most of that 30 years and most of us are still here.

This team and this org don’t deserve this fan base.

I think that is why we have no accountability from the top down. Because at the end of the day, Katz knows we are still going to games and buying merch.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm watching but I'm a known masochist.

Anybody else having trouble with the stream last game on snet? There were a few freezes, pixellations and shit. Not sure if its my end or if Snet signal crapping out.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Oh crap. My worst fears the org still thinks this, the coach still thinks this.

The thing is this is parroting Skinners own comments that he says he's a game stealer. he says it so the team actually believes it. Yeah he cheats results, for the opposition. This org is a comedy show at times.

oh well.

I actually think Oilers play their best game, give up around 20 shots, not much HDSC and this allows the org to continue to think Skinner bends results our way.
Real footage of skinner pre game to the coaches

IMG_4796.gif

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad