GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Lets start the goalie that set almost record setting numbers in a bad way this playoffs and last over the dude that was our best player last game because “he was the starter in the regular season.”

Wtf kind of logic is that.

Reactions: TB12

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Team isnt serious about winning. Its more about feelings.

Roster is set before training camp start. Roster is set before playoffs start. Team/Players need to make sure their friends are playing. Performance doesn't even matter.

That being said, I hope we win.
What are you talking about? You think Skinner guilted Knobby into a start? He didn't start for 2 games. This has NOTHING to do about feelings, or mandates, or pressure by teamates, or whatever made up reasons you see on here

99.9% sure Knobby made this decision based on his own logic...right or wrong

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Starting Skinner is a complete f***ing joke.

That game is 7-2 Vancouver without Pickard in net.

How much rope they gonna give the guy. He's been putrid.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
wtf is this bs!? Pickard posts above 0.900 BOTH games. That’s all we need consistent decent goaltending. Meanwhile Skinner over there with a rancid save % and lets every good chance in. Unless Pickard injured that’s who you start. Play who’s performing. If skinner loses that’s 2 goalies we need to trade this off season.

This series is over. Stupid decision.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

IIOnS5p.gif

Oh boy... the 'cup or bust' line was used.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
What are you talking about? You think Skinner guilted Knobby into a start? He didn't start for 2 games. This has NOTHING to do about feelings, or mandates, or pressure by teamates, or whatever made up reasons you see on here

99.9% sure Knobby made this decision based on his own logic...right or wrong

I dont think Knoblauch even makes the choice on goaltending honestly.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Unf***ingbelievable. The one and only reason last game wasn’t 15-2 and a big reason they won game 4 hits the pine for a guy who 50% of the time allows 4+ goals in the playoffs.

Knoblauch is aware there’s no tomorrow until September, right? There is no reason whatsoever to turn to that sack of potatos right now. The team is confident with Pickard in net and rattled with Skinner. He better be on a f***ing short chain.

Reactions: TB12

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
wtf is this bs!? Pickard posts above 0.900 BOTH games. That’s all we need consistent decent goaltending. Meanwhile Skinner over there with a rancid save % and lets every good chance in. Unless Pickard injured that’s who you start. Play who’s performing. If skinner loses that’s 2 goalies we need to trade this off season.

This series is over. Stupid decision.
It honestly feels like this organization isn't interested in success. Katz buying the team was the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise and ramped up the old boys country club nepotism to 100.

Qualifications and accountability need not apply.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McKinnon was pointless in 3 games in round 2, good teams can shut down really good players, it happens. Need a team effort to keep playing.
Happens every year. Even McD needs run support. A scoring winger at the deadline would have been nice. Maybe an upgrade on Ceci’s offence too.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Hold on I figured it out, Skinner goes in and we score 3+ goals because we know we need goals, the moment we take the foot off the pedal Pickard goes in net to keep us in it.

Keep switching depending on what we need.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Last year when Woodcroft started Skinner I blamed him for giving up. I see a similar mindset again if Skinner is indeed the starter tonight only this time I think it’s organizational and not just on the head coach. I suspect this team has given up and would prefer that if Skinner plays and shits the bed the off season scorn be on him as opposed to it being on McDavid where it very well could be if Pickard starts and we see a repeat of game 5 in game 6.
Off the wall theory of course but it makes more sense than anything else I can come up with.
This is exactly how I see this decision as well. Feathering the nest for a softer landing for others if they lose the series. I don’t understand the mindset. I guess I’m more of an “accept the good with the bad” kind of person. Own your failures.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
To win the Cup or be successful in the playoffs you need to have a team wide attitude that you need to will do anything you can to outwork your opponent. You have to look in the mirror and bra willing to die for your teammate next to you.

I suspect most on this team are just happy to be in the NHL and don’t really care about winning. They are playing some of these games like the last week of school before summer holidays.

But hey they are are millionaires so I’m sure they will have a fun summer coming up

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
The move to start Skinner makes such little sense that it either has to be Pickard has caught whatever illness is running through the team or this is organizational.

Either way, they will never make either of these situations public, so you'll never really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad