Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's a great story I get that but I can't be the only hockey fan who is over the whole Knights thing can I?

It just feels like they haven't had to pay any dues yet, no growing pains, anything. I mean I'm not gonna weep if they win the Cup, it will just feel all kinds of wrong, and yep FOR ME it will definitely chip away at the whole "the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win" thing. Apparently not.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's a great story I get that but I can't be the only hockey fan who is over the whole Knights thing can I?

It just feels like they haven't had to pay any dues yet, no growing pains, anything. I mean I'm not gonna weep if they win the Cup, it will just feel all kinds of wrong, and yep FOR ME it will definitely chip away at the whole "the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win" thing. Apparently not.

You think what Vegas is doing is easy to do? If it were even under the circumstances of them winning, everyone would've done it by now. It is not easy in the slightest. Just because a team's name hasn't done what people like you would call pay their dues doesn't mean that the players haven't and that the players that have to go out and earn that trophy didn't go out there and earn it and didn't pay their dues in the process.

Reactions: Jango Fett

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You think what Vegas is doing is easy to do? If it were even under the circumstances of them winning, everyone would've done it by now. It is not easy in the slightest. Just because a team's name hasn't done what people like you would call pay their dues doesn't mean that the players haven't and that the players that have to go out and earn that trophy didn't go out there and earn it and didn't pay their dues in the process.

Sort of my point, if they were to win it all in year one wouldn't it have been kind of easy?

Reactions: Phu

Talon70

May 23, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Imagine if Vegas beats San Jose and Nashville on their way to a Stanley Cup appearance in their first season? I'm in no ways a Vegas fan but sign me up for some of that. That would be hilarious!

Reactions: Jeff Babchuk

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
I think it may be a quick series. Just not sure who it is that wins. I want to say San Jose may have an advantage because I feel Anaheim challenged them for stretches. Vegas simply wasn’t challenged at all. They may be in for somewhat of a surprise

The Kings really struggled on offense this year (but a bit better than last season). As a Shark's fan, I thought all the four teams were pretty even, with GK and Ducks having great momentum going into the playoffs. But, I think the Ducks wore themselves down a bit making their last run to get second place (also, the loss of Cam Fowler was devastating to them - Sharks caught a break) They seemed a bit tired (like Sharks were against an inferior Oiler team last year). Sharks were also injured last year against the oil, with Thornton playing with torn ligaments. Sharks, especially with a few days off now, well be in great shape (except for Thornton). Burns and Kane have something nagging them, but hopefully, a week off will cure it. GK and Sharks games were very competitive this year. Both are fast teams. First to the puck is often a deciding factor (and face off wins) in the playoffs. I predict a very very close series. Low scoring. The Sharks, despite losing JT, have one of their best teams yet, and now with the speed that cost them against the Pens in the SC. If GKs get past the Sharks, they will be very deserving and I will root for them. DeBoer is a really really good coach, and the more time he has to prepare the better the Sharks will be.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Didn't expect SJ to look miles ahead of Anaheim, it'll be interesting how they handle thee Knights speed, they struggled mightily with it against Pittsburgh in the final a few years ago.
Yes, but they add speeded with Kane, and youngsters, who got a lot of playing time early in the season when vets were injured (Thornton and others), and Marleau was traded. They jelled after the first of the year, and so now DeBoer can really run four lines all the time (which keeps everyone else fresh). All four Shark's lines can score. 3/4th lines are not out there to keep the puck in the corners and let the others rest, they are trying to score and can. Only weak player is Martin, who is too darn slow, but has some special relationship with Burns that lets Burns be Burns.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Vegas took on the Sharks four times during the regular season, winning the season series with a 3-0-1 record. There does seem to be a high correlation between regular season results, and playoff results. However there are exceptions, of course.

I'll take Vegas in 6.

On another note, wouldn't it be interesting to see a Pittsburgh / Vegas Stanley Cup final? Fleury against his old team... Pittsburgh would need to get by Boston though. That certainly won't be easy...
Two of the Vegas wins were in OT.

missingjibbsclub

Bobby Heaters
Oct 26, 2016
London ON
About time Vegas gets a solid test here. Sharks will probably take it to em with that lethal defence of theirs. I don't see how any team can match up with that SJ defence with Jonesy in net. Should be interesting.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
About time Vegas gets a solid test here. Sharks will probably take it to em with that lethal defence of theirs. I don't see how any team can match up with that SJ defence with Jonesy in net. Should be interesting.

That defense is still prone to stupid lazy plays. All it takes is a team quick enough to capitalize on those mistakes.

Anaheim would get to the mistakes but wasn't quick enough in there decision making or counters to take advantage of them. If the kings/vegas series was any indication then vegas could be able to capitalize on them.

The sharks defense and forwards in the defensive zone will have to be even better in the vegas series then they were in the ducks series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad