Series Talk: WCSF: Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. Granger speculates.

Conclusions: VGK win at all costs, some communication failures. And perhaps needing to trade Flower.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm calling it now: Vegas four games, Assclown and his Canucks 0.

Edited because on reread, I realized I was projecting the antics of one player onto his whole team.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The ice conditions seemed a bit better with it going to 1 game per arena, looks like they took advantage of that after a slow start in the 1st.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I didn't understand why people would talk about Vegas fanbase like we're not educated in the game or annoying, but tonight I actually looked at social media comments and yikes. There's a lot to cringe at in there. Beyond the bad takes that we all have.

It doesn't matter what DeBoer or Lehner do, they'd rather lose with Fleury than win with anyone else. I think for the overall good of the team first but fan base also, I hope Fleury is gone this offseason.

We need fans of the team, not the inaugural misfits only.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I didn't understand why people would talk about Vegas fanbase like we're not educated in the game or annoying, but tonight I actually looked at social media comments and yikes. There's a lot to cringe at in there. Beyond the bad takes that we all have.

It doesn't matter what DeBoer or Lehner do, they'd rather lose with Fleury than win with anyone else. I think for the overall good of the team first but fan base also, I hope Fleury is gone this offseason.

We need fans of the team, not the inaugural misfits only.
I've stopped reading anything about Vegas on twitter... There're massive conspiracy theories about how Fleury don't get the starting role, and that's just the fun part... And don't forget, it's about "ReSpEcT" towards Fleury.

Reactions: Devonator

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Paywall. Granger speculates.

Conclusions: VGK win at all costs, some communication failures. And perhaps needing to trade Flower.

Can't believe this board doesn't have a separate thread on this topic, but Granger's piece was such trash. He's sinbin level with his Fleury fanboy articles. All I took away from this article is that MAF was slighted by the front office & PDB because he was "promised" the starting job even after the team traded for Lehner. :eyeroll:

I'm a huge fan of MAF the person, but he needs to look in the mirror here. If he's being honest with himself, he knows he hasn't played his best since the '18 WCFs. Airing your dirty laundry in public, especially in the middle of a playoff run is a really bad look.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can't believe this board doesn't have a separate thread on this topic, but Granger's piece was such trash. He's sinbin level with his Fleury fanboy articles. All I took away from this article is that MAF was slighted by the front office & PDB because he was "promised" the starting job even after the team traded for Lehner. :eyeroll:

I'm a huge fan of MAF the person, but he needs to look in the mirror here. If he's being honest with himself, he knows he hasn't played his best since the '18 WCFs. Airing your dirty laundry in public, especially in the middle of a playoff run is a really bad look.

I'm grateful they have Lawless doing pieces for NHL. He may be a mouthpiece for the team, but for the time being he tells it like it is.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So you guys/gals didn't listen very well for game 1, So again I shall ask. PLEASE be gentle :help:. Throw us a bone or two please? lol

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This break was huge for Vancouver. They were going to be running on fumes if it made it to the second game of the back to backs for games 5 and 6.

It's possible Couvy Vancouver needs better trainers since they're always complaining about being tired. They looked out of gas in the 2nd period of game 2 as well.

Last edited:

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
I hope that they realize this game doesn't really matter in the scheme of things and allow trans BIPOC to perform interpretative dance on the ice instead, in order to start a conversation about the fact that hockey is colonialism.

Knights: 0
Canucks: 0
Woke: >9000

Reactions: Northern Knights

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
This break was huge for Vancouver. They were going to be running on fumes if it made it to the second game of the back to backs for games 5 and 6.

Canucks fan, but in peace.

As I see it:

-the extra rest before Game 3 helped the Canucks, who were more likely to be worn down and have been blocking more shots and absorbing more hits

-otoh, the compacted schedule going forward (immediate back to back and, if I understand correctly, Games 6 and 7 btb if it gets that far)is more likely to help the Knights going forward, for essentially the same reasons

Cheers.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

My guess is it would be western conference finals as Eastern teams have to travel to Edmonton. (Guess they could start Friday)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The numbers aren't even close. Vegas is the much better team 5 on 5. PPs kept this game close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad