Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They added 4 new D. That’s a significant turnover. And their young captain took another huge step.
But we know the standings never change. Teams never improve and never get worse.

And who says they’re a bubble team? You?
You’re hardly objective.
I mean. This “core” has also had a deeper playoff run than Edmontons core. They’ve actually won playoff games in the 3rd round :laugh:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
They added 4 new D. That’s a significant turnover. And their young captain took another huge step.
But we know the standings never change. Teams never improve and never get worse.

And who says they’re a bubble team? You?
You’re hardly objective.
Seattle made it to Game 7 of the 2nd Round last year
then promptly missed the playoffs this year with essentially the same roster

Reactions: McClelland

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Where have the oilers been with this exact same core? Not in the finals, so why does history matter?

Contenders underachieve almost as often as bubble teams overachieve, for example Edmonton.
They've been easily making the playoffs.

Not a bubble team to make the playoffs.

Reactions: McClelland

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean. This “core” has also had a deeper playoff run than Edmontons core. They’ve actually won playoff games in the 3rd round :laugh:
Technically the second round. But they also won the play in and took Vegas to 7 games.

Seattle made it to Game 7 of the 2nd Round last year
then promptly missed the playoffs this year with essentially the same roster
So? Lots of examples of young teams who made the playoffs and built on that success.
As usual you’re cherry picking to suit your biases.
I can also give you examples of teams who made the playoffs for a number of years like the Oilers but never got over the hump. But none of that really determines what the Oilers will do as each team is different.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Sry if i hurted your feelings. Did i wrote that?

No playoff serie is a walk in the park, maybe im homeblind, but 4- 2 was my vote days ago.

Think you can put up a fight, but the end will be the same.
Lol I don't know how any of what I said sounded like hurt feelings, but ok. I'm just living in your world big guy, I've no problem that my team is the underdog. I just don't speak where I talk down the competition, that's just asking for attention, something obviously many of you desperately need haha. Anyways, good luck to us in the series, we will need it! See y'all game 1

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Which is counted as playoff round 1
but the NHL didn't call the Qualifying "Round 1"....only you did

So? Lots of examples of young teams who made the playoffs and built on that success.
As usual you’re cherry picking to suit your biases.
I can also give you examples of teams who made the playoffs for a number of years like the Oilers but never got over the hump. But none of that really determines what the Oilers will do as each team is different.
then why are you getting so offended someone dare call the Canucks a "bubble team"? they need to prove it year after year to be legit

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Because that’s what it was.

Let’s put it this way.

Canucks advanced through 2 “rounds” and took the next team to game 7 with this core

Edmonton advanced through 2 “rounds” and took the next to….. oh they got swept…

So the same “rounds” were won, but Vancouver was actually able to win games where as Edmonton was not.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Can almost set a clock to it at this point.

Team exceeds expectations on the back of PDO and team wide outlier/career performance years? Get that guy the Jack Adams.

Same team comes back to earth the next season to match the correct expectation of the team from the prior season? Fire the coach because expectations weren't met.
This whole narrative is complete nonsense. It is backwards. The Canucks under achieved for 2 seasons. This season is the correction to where they should have been. To where the team was in 2020, beating the Oilers in the bubble playoffs.

It is also a load of utter tripe to say the Canucks have had "team wide outlier/career performance years" this year. The Canucks had a franchise tying four 30 goal scorers last year. Not this year.

Last year's scorers: Pettersson (37), Kuzmenko (37), Horvat (31), Miller (30)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

then why are you getting so offended someone dare call the Canucks a "bubble team"? they need to prove it year after year to be legit
I didn’t get offended. I just pointed out that they finished ahead of the Oilers.
If they’re a bubble team then so are the Oilers.
Winning the Division given the competition is a solid accomplishment.
Obviously you’re going to look at the negative because of the team you cheer for.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
2020 would like to have a word with you
Theres no 3rd round, 1st ,second and then conference final! Nucks where not in the final.

Covid year had a qualifying round to the 1st round. Or maybe you tried to be funny.

What happened the years after that 2nd round Covid exit?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Because that’s what it was.

Let’s put it this way.

Canucks advanced through 2 “rounds” and took the next team to game 7 with this core

Edmonton advanced through 2 “rounds” and took the next to….. oh they got swept…

So the same “rounds” were won, but Vancouver was actually able to win games where as Edmonton was not.
let's put it this way:

Canucks haven't played a Final four game since 2011...13 years ago

I didn’t get offended. I just pointed out that they finished ahead of the Oilers.
If they’re a bubble team then so are the Oilers.
why? Oilers have made the playoffs every year since 2020 and have won a series 3 straight years
Canucks have done none of these things

bad comparable

Reactions: PuckG

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
let's put it this way:

why? Oilers have made the playoffs every year since 2020 and have won a series 3 straight years

bad comparable

You would be correct, and Edmonton hasn’t won a game in the final 4 since 2006.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Now that is one hell of a way to change shit and state “Canucks have made it further than the Oilers in the playoffs with this core.”

Absurd and moronic.
Even as a Canucks fan I find this a completely stupid argument. Why does it even matter?

Let's put it this way: The Oilers have gotten 8 wins away from winning the Stanley cup. The Canucks were 9 wins away. Therefore, the Oilers have been closer.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
let's put it this way:

bad comparable
Or one team looks to be on the rise and the other at best stagnating.
We will have to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad