Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
VAN will probably win a game or two, but most of their best players are not big time players. Hughes is great, but he's really the only player they have that is of any concern. Demko won't be at 100% if he even plays, so VAN is going to be in tough. Good season for them regardless, as a playoff win is progress.
Edmonton's best player refuses to backcheck and has proven that he doesn't care about winning. Their entire team folds when hit with adversity thanks to having absolutely zero leadership on the ice.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
That game without McDavid in the lineup the Canucks used a backup goaltender. That's a wash.

Perhaps Edmonton can beat Vancouver for the first time since January of 2023, perhaps not.
Huh? :laugh:

Desmith stopped 32 of 33 shots that game...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Why so confused? Is DeSmith not a backuo goalie?
Pretty foolish to call it a "wash" when your backup goalie stood on his head that game...

Backup goalies are allowed to have solid games; not sure if you're aware.

Would Demko have done better than Desmith in that game?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Pretty foolish to call it a "wash" when your backup goalie stood on his head that game...

Backup goalies are allowed to have solid games; not sure if you're aware
And star players can have bad games, as McDavid proved many times this past season, particularly against the Canucks..

Did McDavid play?

Did a Canucks backup play?

You need to come to terms with the answer.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Nucks looked awful in the serie against wildcard Nashville, could easily have lost that serie.

I know some Nucks fans gets excited, but i think only some early major injuries on key players will stop Oilers.

Playoff experience and McDrai who levels up in playoffs will show the way.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
After reading the first 50 or so pages, I have to disagree.

Clearly the Canucks are far and away the better team.

They beat the Oilers four times in the regular season.

They finished first in the Division.

Their defence is literally the best defence ever to set foot on a hockey rink.

Their Coach is a finalist for Coach of the year.

They mopped the ice with the Predators, even though the Predators had pretty much the top offence in the league this year.

They don't even have to ice their number one or number two goalie against such an anemic offence that the Oilers bring to the table.

They are the Stanly Cup Champs of 1915 as well.

Heck, the Canucks coach was just chirping the potential officials about giving too many penalties.

How can the lowly Oilers even hope to prevail over such a team?

I don't even understand why the games are even being played after taking in all the information in this thread. The Oilers should just stay home and let the league know that they forfeit because clearly they have no chance at beating the mighty Canucks.

/s
After 50 pages all I've seen from Oiler fans is 4-5 games. Easiest path to the WCF. Something about cups almost 40 years ago. You guys can dish it but can't take it . Fragile ego.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I give the Oilers the odds advantage based on recent playoff experience (last 3 yrs), an injured Demko, and an A+ Oilers powerplay.

That being said, the Caucks are a 50 win team and they won the division for a reason. They will scrape, claw and muck the game up as best they can and if Pettersson gets going I think the Canucks can win this in 7 games.

I'm going to avoid hf for the series. There's a lot of toxic fans that are ruining the perception of the usual fan of both teams. I just want to enjoy the hockey. If the Canucks win it will be euphoria. If the Oilers win I truly hope McDavid can cement a legacy as one of the greats and get a cup. Like I said, if I'm here listening to the toxic culture of fans I probably won't feel that way. If the Canucks lose and I avoid hf I will understand that there's a ton of diehard Oiler fans that just want the same thing I do.

Exciting times indeed I hope we get a good series.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
After reading the first 50 or so pages, I have to disagree.

Clearly the Canucks are far and away the better team.

They beat the Oilers four times in the regular season.

They finished first in the Division.

Their defence is literally the best defence ever to set foot on a hockey rink.

Their Coach is a finalist for Coach of the year.

They mopped the ice with the Predators, even though the Predators had pretty much the top offence in the league this year.

They don't even have to ice their number one or number two goalie against such an anemic offence that the Oilers bring to the table.

They are the Stanly Cup Champs of 1915 as well.

Heck, the Canucks coach was just chirping the potential officials about giving too many penalties.

How can the lowly Oilers even hope to prevail over such a team?

I don't even understand why the games are even being played after taking in all the information in this thread. The Oilers should just stay home and let the league know that they forfeit because clearly they have no chance at beating the mighty Canucks.

/s
1714873332419.png

rea

Feb 8, 2011
On this day, may the 4th, I see everyone is being pulled to sith, and I love it. The banter is super childish and entertaining😂

1000024867.gif

Reactions: Nuck Bonino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad