Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Vegas odds favor Edmonton. They must not put much faith in games played in October. But seriously, who would knowing how playoffs hockey works?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Not sure I understand

Is this something like the 7th man banner you losers had to take down?
I didn’t take anything down, I don’t work for the Canucks nor did I come up with that stupid campaign.

If you seriously think this Oiler’s are capable of playing a 7 game series “only needing 1” power play per game, you’re huffing some serious copium.

Think so? Maybe watch ONE game.
Kaaaaaiiiiiiilllleeerrrrr Yaaaaaaammmaaaaaamooootttttooooo!

Singh is the biggest homer out there.

Broadcast team will be Shorthouse and DeBrusk.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Too bad that one Oiler fan isn't unbanned yet like the one Nucks fan that's in here. Could've just set them loose on each other and watched the fur fly for 40 pages.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Realistically this should be a close series, I don't see either team ending this in less than 6 games. Canucks match up well against the Oilers stylistically and dominated them in the regular season, but the Oilers played well against the Kings and everything changes in the playoffs, I think Edmonton can make the right adjustments to not make the same regular season lapses consistently against Vancouver. The difference maker will be goaltending and if the Canucks can stick to their structure.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If we're talking about the season series so much

CF: 288-194 Edmonton
Shots: 143-111 Edmonton
Scoring chances: 144-106 Edmonton
High danger scoring chances: 65-44 Edmonton
Expected goals: 15.78-12.37 Edmonton
Goals: 21-7 Vancouver

Even if we want to say a bunch of games where McDavid was either injured or not in the lineup matter now then it'll come down to whether an Oilers goalie lets in a bunch of weak goals and/or a Canucks goalie stands on his head again, both of which are definitely possible.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think that's really understating the overall physicality of the VAN-NSH series. While also highlighting a big factor that differentiates the two opponents as well.

The sheer amount of battling and grinding and shot blocking and was extremely high in the Preds series. The "hits" numbers are often misleading, and in many instances, more indicative of a team chasing the play than anything else. The Canucks-Preds series was extremely structured and everything was played super "close to the vest". There was very little "running around for hits" on either end. There were just fierce battles for every puck, all game long, every game. Zero open ice to play in.

That discipline to play a physical grinding game, without necessarily chasing all the big hits...is where the Canucks (or Preds even) line up as a tougher matchup for Edmonton than the Kings. LA tried to clog the game up with brute force and physicality rather than pure structure. Got them into big penalty trouble at key moments and that basically dusted them.
So was the Edmonton LA series. Edmonton was actually blocking the most shots out of the 4 teams too. Edmonton was also laying a lot of hits too. LA actually tried to play a structured game but Edmonton was able to break it apart. Edmonton actually had a harder time with LA when they played a more open game.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Couldnt do what before?? He was on the Flames, this is a different team

Oh I see

That reminds me of years ago when Cujo was traded from Edm to TO
He was a 'good' goalie in Edmonton but when he arrived in Toronto, holy F, he was the greatest since Ken Dryden. Must have been a hell of a flight.

Reactions: soothsayer

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If we're talking about the season series so much

CF: 288-194 Edmonton
Shots: 143-111 Edmonton
Scoring chances: 144-106 Edmonton
High danger scoring chances: 65-44 Edmonton
Expected goals: 15.78-12.37 Edmonton
Goals: 21-7 Vancouver

Even if we want to say a bunch of games where McDavid was either injured or not in the lineup matter now then it'll come down to whether an Oilers goalie lets in a bunch of weak goals and/or a Canucks goalie stands on his head again, both of which are definitely possible.
The most important stats are wins and goals which is advantage for Vancouver. The rest of those micky mouse stats are for Oilers fans.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Are you kidding, the first game LA was allowing passes + 2nd shots through the slot like they dressed their AHL team for a pre-season game. And in other moments in the series after.

Nashville did a much better job around the guts of the ice than LA did, and to EDM's credit some of that has to do with McDavid's speed/their top end dynamism, but it wasn't just McDavid that generated tap-ins against LA.

Nashville played much more connected defensively than LA did, you have to give them credit. Basically the only times in the series Nashville wasn't perfect around their crease VAN scored game winning goals.
Nashville did a better job true but they were also playing against a team who didn’t have much experience breaking apart teams like that in the playoffs. It’s a mix of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad