Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It would be nice if they either split the series with Shorthouse calling Vancouver home games and Singh for Edmonton. That, or just have Shorty call on SNP and Singh on SNO or whichever.

Sadly, I think Shorty already signed off. So we're likely getting Singh.

You would think that a multibillion dollar company can afford to keep two teams of broadcasters on staff so that the fans of each team can have the best viewing experience.

Sportsnet can then have two feeds, each to home audiences, and sell local ads, on top of the national ads on the other channels for the rest of the country.

Reactions: Nopefully

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hughes got dinged quite a few times by Nashville's forecheckers. There was a few big hits he took where he was in visible distress. Oilers should be trying to target him similarly when they can. I think Nashville did a lot to neutralize him with the physical play.
We can try that but ultimately the Oilers will probably have more breaks in D coverage than Nashville did. We have guys like Nurse and Foegele who play great but have lapses of poor gambles. A quick thinker like Hughes will take notice

Reactions: Nopefully

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
And exponentially worse offensively.
ROR and Forsberg are definitely comparable to McDavid.

Dont hurt your back stretching like that.
Canucks struggle against defensively structured teams like LA or preds who block every shot and pass. They feast on poor defensive teams like the oilers. Out of Vegas, Dallas , Edmonton or Colorado, i rather play Edmonton every time

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think it will either be a tight fought 7 game series, or like what happens to a lot of young sudden success teams in the second round, series over quick.

For the Canucks, it’s going to be a question if they can adapt to the higher intensity of a hungry experienced playoff squad or not. If they don’t it’s not a knock. Most teams in the Canucks position dont, and that’s fine. Thats why it normally takes a few kicks at the can to win a cup.
I don’t think the Canucks will have any trouble adapting tbh. There’s a lot of playoff experienced vets on the team. And it’s not like the Oilers have had a lot of playoff success either. I do think though that there’s more pressure on the Oilers which as we’ve seen can go either way. Overall I’d be surprised if this one doesn’t go the limit. Two pretty evenly matched squads overall as the standings show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
We can try that but ultimately the Oilers will probably have more breaks in D coverage than Nashville did. We have guys like Nurse and Foegele who play great but have lapses of poor gambles. A quick thinker like Hughes will take notice
I more meant on the forecheck, not in our own zone. Thats where Nashville got him quite a few times. The more log jams you can create on the boards the more he's going to get beat up.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Canucks struggle against defensively structured teams like LA or preds who block every shot and pass. They feast on poor defensive teams like the oilers. Out of Vegas, Dallas , Edmonton or Colorado, i rather play Edmonton every time
Just remember to behave this playoff series. Don't want to miss seeing you post for another 4 months.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Lol. All the EDM fans and others who don't fallow the Canucks and think EDM are going to overpower the Canucks. EDM are in for it with Vancouver. Vancouver has the depth to match any team in the league. This will not be an easy series for either team.
I remember last year when Edmonton lost to a 3rd string goalie in round 2……

I remember so many years when Vancouver lost in round... no wait they never made the playoffs

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You keep calling Edmonton a poor defensive team but that’s objectively and statistically untrue.
You can keep saying nonsense, doesn’t make it true.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
All I know is this is going to be a super fun series to watch. Similar to Oilers and Phlegms two years ago with hopefully a similar ending. :naughty:

Reactions: Mr Positive

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I think the Canucks are in tough here, without Demko its going to be hard. Arturs has been fantastic but I almost feel like DeSmith's style is a little better against EDM, both are probably better than Skinner but not the massive gulf the Canucks had/need with Demko.

The big concern is special teams, Oilers PP is possibly the best in NHL history (and Draisaitl has turned drawing calls into an art-form), while the Canucks special team is very iffy. PK was great this series but so-so in the season. PP has the talent to be top 5 but has struggled this post-season+2nd half of the season.

The advantage for Vancouver is team defense + possibly confidence (? given the regular season record). I also think the intensity Vancouver faced against Nashville is something EDM didn't have to face against LA, so they are battled tested & ready to fight for every inch.

But then again every series is a reset so we will see. Happy to get here without Demko. Series should be a ton of fun & I'm sure the internet discourse will be very respectful.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You keep calling Edmonton a poor defensive team but that’s objectively and statistically untrue.
You can keep saying nonsense, doesn’t make it true.
Its true, i just had to re watch all 4 regular season matchups against the oilers to remind myself how bad they are defensively. No defensive system can fix defensive liabilities like Drai, Nurse, Ceci and Bouchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad