Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
I see this series going either way. Arturs Silovs has come out of no where and been lights out.

I’m interested to see how he does against a more potent offense.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Don't say that to oiler fans they'll be offended. STUUUUUUUUU
If I was a flames fan I'd be signed off for the summer. But the wins are so much sweeter knowing there are rival fans like you out there.
So far that is the only series where the team with the worse regular season record has advanced. Why use the exception vs the trend?
So far there have been no upsets and every favourite has moved on. Oilers are the opening favorites if you want to go based on trends.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Different opponent changes everything. What we saw from Nucks won't be the same as against the Oilers. Same with Oilers. LA is much different than Van
LA never forechecks unlike Preds, LA has weaker D than Preds, LA doesnt have a goalie like Saros. LA was the weakest team in playoffs aside from Caps.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers are going to come firing like a V10 against a wounded Canucks team. Game 1 is likely going to be an Oreo slaughter
No one know what we are going to see in game 1. Could be a snoozefest or something to remember for ages. Hopefully a bit more exciting games than round 1 for both teams.

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Don't see why Canucks wouldn't be the huge favourites here. Ran away with the division and swept the season series.

That being said, this series does have 2022 Flames potential. Oilers are underdogs and all the pressure to win is on Canucks. Should be a good series, interesting to see which team will get better goaltending.
I see the satire is starting early.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No one know what we are going to see in game 1. Could be a snoozefest or something to remember for ages. Hopefully a bit more exciting games than round 1 for both teams.
McDavid will be flying, the series will have a lot more open ice. I don’t see game 1 being a snoozer, maybe game 2

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks winning the season series doesn’t mean a thing, those losses occurred early on the last game Mcdavid didn’t even play I believe both teams had clinched at that point anyway. Jets won the season series agains the Avs didn’t work out for them.

Oilers would have to be the favourites to win this given the star power and that power play. I expect the Canucks to come in and play the same style they did vs the Preds. There pk has to really bring it.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I love this series matchup.

Canucks had zero ref support in round 1… now they play McCrybaby and the Coilers.

You can almost guarantee PP advantages will be 80% Edmonton & 20% Vancouver.
Vancouver had more PP in the regular season so I don’t see where this is coming from?

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
How could anyone watch the first round and come away with "Nashville is so much better than LA"

The delusional takes in this thread. LA was better than the Canucks in the regular season... The Oilers have been historically dominant against Nashville.

Regular season means nothing and I think recent playoff experience is the much better measuring stick.

Hope the business owners on Granville have insurance for the mouth breathing neanderthals that riot when they get bopped in 5 games.
Say what now?

Reactions: HockeyWooot

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
LA never forechecks unlike Preds, LA has weaker D than Preds, LA doesnt have a goalie like Saros. LA was the weakest team in playoffs aside from Caps.
Fake news. Preds was a team full of meh including Saros.
NSH should've traded him when he could've net them a big haul. VAN with no namers in net won the goalie battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad