WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

iRageWin

Aug 7, 2014
Hyped for game 6 but not looking forward to the officiating getting even more biased. Mentally preparing myself not to lose it when they toss Miller 2 minutes into the game for saying a swear and then toss Silovs for closing his hand on the puck

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the oilers forum right now reminds me of my dad reaming me out at the top of his lungs in the ninth grade for getting c's and missing half my classes. pretty much a wall of people shouting "not good enough!" and demanding "more". their media scrums are also brutal.

we should cherish the fact we get to enjoy this series with so few expectations, and people who have twitter accounts should tell farhan lalji to back the f*** off on ep. that kind of "hard question" is out of place, especially when we are playing with house money. asking a player to either make an excuse or admit he sucks is just not cool, let alone right after a huge win where he was in on the winning goal.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
the oilers forum right now reminds me of my dad reaming me out at the top of his lungs in the ninth grade for getting c's and missing half my classes. pretty much a wall of people shouting "not good enough!" and demanding "more". their media scrums are also brutal.

we should cherish the fact we get to enjoy this series with so few expectations, and people who have twitter accounts should tell farhan lalji to back the f*** off on ep. that kind of "hard question" is out of place, especially when we are playing with house money. asking a player to either make an excuse or admit he sucks is just not cool, let alone right after a huge win where he was in on the winning goal.

It's not Farhan's fault. The entire TSN directive has been to question EP40.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Always liked being the underdog in a playoff series. Underrated to be sure but underdogs.

Reactions: quat and mossey3535

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Hyped for game 6 but not looking forward to the officiating getting even more biased. Mentally preparing myself not to lose it when they toss Miller 2 minutes into the game for saying a swear and then toss Silovs for closing his hand on the puck
I don't know, they gave the Oilers 2-3 freebies and it still wasn't enough. I think they just let the boys play this time around.

Reactions: mossey3535

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so for those wondering, sutherland is reffing the boston/panthers game tonight. at that point he and furlat will have reffed one game in all 4 series in this round. the series he reffed first is canes/rangers and they are done. we were the second series.

the only active ref pairing we have not seen is rank and hebert so i think we will get them game 6.

wes mcauley is out injured since the vegas game 7 so they have juggled ref pairings.

if mcauley recovers maybe he draws into a game 7 if we have one. failing that, sutherland and furlat may be most likely since we last saw them in game 2. we got kozari and rehman in game 1 but that pair has been split and kozari will have reffed 5 games in this round after tonight.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
so for those wondering, sutherland is reffing the boston/panthers game tonight. at that point he and furlat will have reffed one game in all 4 series in this round. the series he reffed first is canes/rangers and they are done. we were the second series.

the only active ref pairing we have not seen is rank and hebert so i think we will get them game 6.

wes mcauley is out injured since the vegas game 7 so they have juggled ref pairings.

if mcauley recovers maybe he draws into a game 7 if we have one. failing that, sutherland and furlat may be most likely since we last saw them in game 2. we got kozari and rehman in game 1 but that pair has been split and kozari will have reffed 5 games in this round after tonight.

So what you are saying is that Sutherland will fly in from Boston to do Game 6 in Edmonton and Game 7 in Vancouver?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's not Farhan's fault. The entire TSN directive has been to question EP40.

Pettersson is an $11 million player delivering some of the worst results imaginable for a player of his profile since signing that contract.

5 points in 11 playoff games. 1 ESG in his last 26 games. 0-4-4 in his last 15 games at ES.

It's one of the biggest stories of these playoffs and damn right that any media outlet should be talking a lot about it.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Pettersson is an $11 million player delivering some of the worst results imaginable for a player of his profile since signing that contract.

5 points in 11 playoff games. 1 ESG in his last 26 games. 0-4-4 in his last 15 games at ES.

It's one of the biggest stories of these playoffs and damn right that any media outlet should be talking a lot about it.

Contract doesn't kick in until next year.

Talking about the contract is just lazy journalism.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Contract doesn't kick in until next year.

Talking about the contract is just lazy journalism.

Whether the contract has kicked in or not, he's one of the highest paid/highest profile players in the NHL and the fact he's getting outscored in these playoffs by Carson Soucy is a very big story.

Reactions: Zippgunn

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
"i beg your pardon, i never promised you a rose garden"

pettersson is a guy who was strong armed into signing by the team when he was not ready to do so and who clearly doesn't relish or seek star treatment. i imagine one of the things he doesn't relish is being asked questions because he is an $11m player that would not be asked of another player. we don't own this guy.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Whether the contract has kicked in or not, he's one of the highest paid/highest profile players in the NHL and the fact he's getting outscored in these playoffs by Carson Soucy is a very big story.
This. Myers was castigated nightly because he wasn't living up to his salary. Petey should too.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs fan stopping by to pay all of you a compliment on your team. Won't deny that I didnt think you'd be up 3-2 at this point in the series. And this is without a big series from Pettersson. Thats something to be proud of.

I know the Canucks cooled off somewhat after their impressive start but there was never a complete implosion which was insinuated with the various PDO comments.

Glad you have a team thats pretty easy to cheer for and be proud of regardless of what happens next. Either way, no one should be making suggestions Vancouver is a fluke or fodder for "more legitimate contenders."

Good luck.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
"i beg your pardon, i never promised you a rose garden"

pettersson is a guy who was strong armed into signing by the team when he was not ready to do so and who clearly doesn't relish or seek star treatment. i imagine one of the things he doesn't relish is being asked questions because he is an $11m player that would not be asked of another player. we don't own this guy.

If he didn't want to be asked the sort of questions that come with being an $11 million player he shouldn't have signed for $11 million. Harden the f*** up.

If I was getting paid $11 million I'd sit there for 6 hours answering questions about how I felt when my dog died when I was 10, and I'd feel lucky to be doing it.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If he didn't want to be asked the sort of questions that come with being an $11 million player he shouldn't have signed for $11 million. Harden the f*** up.

If I was getting paid $11 million I'd sit there for 6 hours answering questions about how I felt when my dog died when I was 10, and I'd feel lucky to be doing it.

He was kinda forced into signing the contract...

The team wanted him to sign a contract, his agent and NHLPA wanted him to sign a high value contract.

It's not like he can tell the PA he would like to sign for $8m.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He was kinda forced into signing the contract...

The team wanted him to sign a contract, his agent and NHLPA wanted him to sign a high value contract.

It's not like he can tell the PA he would like to sign for $8m.

He's getting paid $11 million to play hockey for a winning team in a place considered one of the nicest cities in the world. Harden the f*** up and deal with it.

And to be fair, he has gone up and answered questions in the past few days albeit awkwardly. My comments are more about the people doing the 'oh poor Petey' thing for a star athlete being asked a few mildly tough questions about a long stretch of poor, uninspired play. Come on.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He's getting paid $11 million to play hockey for a winning team in a place considered one of the nicest cities in the world. Harden the f*** up and deal with it.

And to be fair, he has gone up and answered questions in the past few days albeit awkwardly. My comments are more about the people doing the 'oh poor Petey' thing for a star athlete being asked a few mildly tough questions about a long stretch of poor, uninspired play. Come on.
Not sure why there is a need to rush to conclusion… it’s like he had 2 slumps in his career, one after a pretty severe injury and the other for reasons not yet revealed.

Like he has a long track record of being absolutely elite but somehow you just want to hyper focus on the relatively smaller sample size and say yeah yeah that’s the guy we are paying, that other 80% of the time, he’s just faking it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It's times like this, I wished we added another dman at the deadline.

Right now we are in a tough spot. We know Ian Cole has been, being a big brofor our younger guys. You just know it. However, he's been unfortunately a liability. You take away the goals that went off of him, and this series is probably over. Despite that, if we decide to scratch him, next in line is either Juulsen, and after him its Friedman. Juulsen has been good this season. Improved but still struggled late. Friedman has only played 5 games in 2024, one of them was the last game of the season, a meaningless game, and he wasn't that good either. Prior to his last serious game, he only had 6 minutes of ice time.

We are screwed after Ian cole. He looks cooked as hell against the Oilers. We need to wrap this up and rest him up and the other guys fast.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

absolutely hilarious how this post unleashed an onslaught of toxic hockey dad energy into this thread

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
It's times like this, I wished we added another dman at the deadline.

Right now we are in a tough spot. We know Ian Cole has been, being a big brofor our younger guys. You just know it. However, he's been unfortunately a liability. You take away the goals that went off of him, and this series is probably over. Despite that, if we decide to scratch him, next in line is either Juulsen, and after him its Friedman. Juulsen has been good this season. Improved but still struggled late. Friedman has only played 5 games in 2024, one of them was the last game of the season, a meaningless game, and he wasn't that good either. Prior to his last serious game, he only had 6 minutes of ice time.

We are screwed after Ian cole. He looks cooked as hell against the Oilers. We need to wrap this up and rest him up and the other guys fast.
there were some avaliable for a mid round pick. erik johnson would have been perfect for that 6/7th role.

Crinny

May 28, 2011
Barcelona, Spain

No he isnt. Not yet.

• Haha
Reactions: lawrence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad