WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I'm telling ya, best option is to use Cole as a winger opposite mik, and have mikheyev shoot at Cole in front of Oilers net. Guaranteed success

Mikheyev won’t hit Cole, he doesn’t have that kind of accuracy lol, he’d likely fumble the puck anyways assuming he doesn’t over skate it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Only three games into the series, and it's already one of the ugliest in recent memory. All I can say is thank Gawd we beefed up with Big Z at the deadline.

He's 'the intimidator and the terminator' out there. He's driving the Oilers nuts. Good. They're so busy running around trying 'get the guy' they're taking themselves out of position.

Without him and Soucy, I shudder to think the punishment some of the Canucks smaller forwards would be taking in this series. As the old Conn Smythe saying goes "if you can't beat them in the alley, you can't beat them on the ice'.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Loving the Oilers fans tears right now, they taste great lol. After all that flack Canucks fans taking from Oil fans after the game 2 Sutherland bullshit, it's nice to see them scrambling screaming for suspensions on Canuck players. The kettle is black.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Loving the Oilers fans tears right now, they taste great lol. After all that flack Canucks fans taking from Oil fans after the game 2 Sutherland bullshit, it's nice to see them scrambling screaming for suspensions on Canuck players. The kettle is black.

Difference is the league loves McCrybaby so they'll probably do something unlike when it's the other way around

Reactions: PavelBure10

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

If nothing else, our boys have shown there's two teams in this series. Everyone predicting an Oilers sweep, or "Oilers in 3" or 5 or whatever can go pound sand.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I listened to the post game show on the radio, and there was lots of talk about Spectre being unprofessional. Does anyone have what he said?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I listened to the post game show on the radio, and there was lots of talk about Spectre being unprofessional. Does anyone have what he said?

"Institutionalized surrender.

People know what waving a white towel stands for, don’t they?

This is the culture that the Canucks players must overcome.

This is why nary a press conference passes here without poor coach Rick Tocchet being asked to comment on the officiating. Why players are peppered with questions about calls, and non-calls."

The irony in his take was pointed out in the postgame last night. Spector has a history of whining about officials not protecting his oilers. And McDavid has to be top 5 in the league as the biggest whiner if not #1.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I know fans of our teams chirp each other but I've been rooting for Vancouver. I thought it was silly that everyone was picking Edmonton to win. I think this series could be 3-0 Vancouver easy.

Nashville prepared the team really well imo. Nashville is much better defensively and in net than Edmonton and I figured goals would be coming alot easier this series for your guys.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Does anybody have a link to the Lindolm and Joshua hits on the first shift and not just the highlights of them?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I am really worried about Soucy and a suspension. You just never know with this league.

It doesn't always matter if it is accidental or not... hoping for the best on the wheel of justice...

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
I am really worried about Soucy and a suspension. You just never know with this league.

It doesn't always matter if it is accidental or not... hoping for the best on the wheel of justice...
If Soucy is suspended, I hope the Canucks players use that as motivation. In my eyes, McDavid started the whole thing because he slashed Soucy first, then Soucy cross checked McDavid. That’s how I see the sequence of events. It was just Soucy’s bad timing that Zadorov cross checked McDavid simultaneously so that caused Soucy to get McD’s face instead of his chest.
The Canucks need to show (point out to the NHL) the totality of events. If the Canucks point out that McD instigated the incident, I further want the Canucks org to publicly state what was the NHL’s response to McD being the instigator.

Reactions: Indiana and dez

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If someone had told me that Demko would go down in his first playoff game; and they'd be forced to use Silovs; and now nine games into the playoffs they're getting next to nothing from arguably their best player in Pettersson; I'd have said 'forget about it and break out the golf clubs'.

It's hard to fathom how unlikely this whole scenario is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad