GDT: WCSF | V | "Engage!" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.16.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh I know they do, I just want to rile him up. He’s not a hockey fan but hates Canucks fans because of the shit they pull.

I could see some twathead screaming “I identify as a shit disturber and it’s my right to loot, vandalize and pillage, gawl damnit!” and them saying “Okay”.
Some identify as Loons.

1715899267326.png

sis boom bah.

Attachments

• 1715899267473.png
    1715899267473.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There was a time where I dated a girl who was a Canucks fan and so I got to watch a lot of their games and even grew to enjoy watching those guys, until Bertuzzi started taking things too far. By the time Naslund and Morrison faded away I grew to hate the team as they seemed to adopt the Bertuzzi Cooke example moreso than the Naslund/Morrison example (except the Sedin's of course).
The extremes we go to for women. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: K1984 and bone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But enough of this. I feel dirty for this.

I know you kidding. I just felt dirty supporting anything Canuck related, and felt I had to justify why I know so much about the enemy. And no, she's long gone. Been married to a non-hockey fan for almost 20 years now.
Nucks fan stalker!

hehe

He put a ring on it cause the franchise will never see one
This is really good. kudos

Yeah it was mind blowing he never I was screaming he had to do it.
You, me, and hundreds of us. We're just the third tier fans though. "Take you skin soup and like it they said., No Campbells for you"

Last edited:

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Something in my gut is telling me tonight is finally the game that the Oil get going 5 on 5 with all of the Vancouver lineup changes. Another solid performance from Pickard and we should be heading home with a chance to wrap this series up.

Reactions: TB12

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'd go the other way and Burakovsky for sure. Wood, Colten or Parise can give them Compher level play. Compher just had a nice 4 games stretch where 3 of those 4 games were during the Edmonton series but was almost a non-factor otherwise.
My qualification wrt to Burakovsky had to do with him playing only 2 games vs the Oilers. Otherwise he was certainly a significant loss for theh AVs.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
There was a time where I dated a girl who was a Canucks fan and so I got to watch a lot of their games and even grew to enjoy watching those guys, until Bertuzzi started taking things too far. By the time Naslund and Morrison faded away I grew to hate the team as they seemed to adopt the Bertuzzi Cooke example moreso than the Naslund/Morrison example (except the Sedin's of course).
giphy.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Of course the 2011 group was light years better in goal. We're talking Dan Cloutier for christ's sake.

For defense, I think the prime Jovonovski/Ohlund/Salo trio was much stronger group than the Hamhuis/Ehrhoff/Edler trio.

For forwards, people tend to forget is that those Betuzzi/Naslund teams also had the Sedin's developing on the 2nd or 3rd line as well and Linden was still a very competent 3rd line centre so the depth was at least comparable 7 or 8 forwards deep.

But enough of this. I feel dirty for this.

I know you kidding. I just felt dirty supporting anything Canuck related, and felt I had to justify why I know so much about the enemy. And no, she's long gone. Been married to a non-hockey fan for almost 20 years now.

Damn not even just fraternizing with the enemy, you literally married a Canucks fan too. Woof.

;)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Something in my gut is telling me tonight is finally the game that the Oil get going 5 on 5 with all of the Vancouver lineup changes. Another solid performance from Pickard and we should be heading home with a chance to wrap this series up.
I have a good feeling about this game too.
The Canucks are going to come out spitting fire (after being called out by their coach) but this time I think the boys will take advantage of their over agressiveness.

Usually I need to see how well they are moving their feet before I get a sense of how the game is going to go.
Not tonight though.
I think the team will be very ready right from the drop of the opening puck.

The what does Tocchet say to the team post game after he already called out them out after game 4?
He played the big card already so he has no where to go now.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Pickard got his first game jitters out of the way and he'll be rock solid tonight (as he may have to face more dangerous chances).

Kane keeps rocking the bodies and the Oilers will put a bunch past Silovs tonight.

This game should be treated like a must-win game 7 type, as the nucks have shown they can win games they shouldn't and we don't want to give them any opportunity to close out the series.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I just figured out why they call it the “lotto line”

6-40-9

I guess its their equivalent to our nuclear option

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They don’t deserve a team. What an embarrassment. That’s one of the nicer parts downtown too

Pretty sure the VPD has much larger issues to investigate rather than expend resources on finding out who put a match to an ugly Canucks jersey.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Trying to be open minded about this I don't know how Blueger survives the cull. Wasn't he one of the more blatant passengers? What has Hoglander done in playoffs to get the topsix promotion?

Weird thing is Nucks are basically going to the first line at fan request and it being popular with Nucks fans. Who knows, maybe it works but Petey and Hoglander have been very quiet in playoffs. Lindholm has done his part. Its also interesting that Lindholm has been better than vast majority of the established Canucks.

I don't see Suter as a topsix player but the Nucks lineup depth is lacking in those.

I don't see that 4th line getting a lot of minutes.
Yeah I’m hoping their handling of Petterson doesn’t work out. I wouldn’t try to get a guy going in such a crucial game. Promote Lindholm because he’s been excellent but EP? Idk. It’s a nice looking line on paper and maybe it works out, but they’re losing depth scoring and that might help us.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pretty sure the VPD has much larger issues to investigate rather than expend resources on finding out who put a match to an ugly Canucks jersey.
Missing women, nah
Lower mainland gang violence, nah
East side drug a palooza, nah

Burning a shitty, 3rd rate team’s shirt on a statue. Oh ya, that’s the one.

Man. They desecrate important statues all over this nation but they’re gonna investigate this one? Chief Wiggum must run the VPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad