GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
we r still in this. Come out flying tonight, win in Vancouver Thursday and win at home Saturday in 6
Tonight pretty much decides it. Only one of two outcomes:

1) Pickard becomes the hero we need and goes full Roloson.

or

2) Holland rides off into the sunset a villain for never addressing the goaltending properly. Which he’ll always be rightfully villainized for.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lots of us knew the deadline was a fail.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much at the deadline and Holland delivered exactly that - not much really. No cap room, prospect shelf pretty empty, and a few bloated contracts that he simply couldn't move, based on giving away a bunch of his earlier capital in some bad moves.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The Oiler bench will be dressed up in the theme of a California Closet for this game.

• Haha

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
**Brett Kissell emerges from the shadows**
fred-sanford.gif

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much at the deadline and Holland delivered exactly that - not much really. No cap room, prospect shelf pretty empty, and a few bloated contracts that he simply couldn't move, based on giving away a bunch of his earlier capital in some bad moves.
I believe he had some options with Broberg but just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Needed a scorer, RD and a goalie and got nothing.

Jeff Jackson can wear this as well.

I was just holding out hope of we could have landed Binnington at least we would have had a legit chance.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
They’ve always been this bad. They just disappeared for a decade when their team sucked. Now that they are having a moment of success they’ve all crawled back out of whatever holes they’ve been hiding in since the “glory days” of the Sedins and Kesler and Bieksa etc.

Except now too some of them bred.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Little over 2 hours to go. Here comes the blood pressure spike. 😖 I get the dreaded feeling this game won't go well.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The Oiler bench will be dressed up in the theme of a California Closet for this game.

The nature of that commercial comes off as so f***ing classist lol. Opens the drawer full of watches...

Yet give him a table full of cash and make a call on his money phone.... The entire NHL fanbase erupts.

:laugh:

Not much of a fan this is pathetic bro

Definitely worthy of a lifetime ban

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
That was years ago, by a GM they couldn't wait to get rid of. And the fanbase wanted him gone up until this year
Doesnt matter. I don't care if Chiarelli traded for a Devon Toews. Trades were made that worked splendidly. This year alone they got two solid NHL players through trades and actually going "all in" their first year in playoffs. Not Carrick stretcher tier players in a chairelli masterclass.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I think we win this one. If we don't win it though, I'm 100% on board with putting Campbell in net. Not because I necessarily think that he'll save us, but because we have a chance to potentially create the most hilarious redemption arc of all time.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Doesnt matter. I don't care if Chiarelli traded for a Devon Toews. Trades were made that worked splendidly. This year alone they got two solid NHL players through trades and actually going "all in" their first year in playoffs. Not Carrick stretcher tier players in a chairelli masterclass.

Yes it does. You're giving credit to a management team for acquiring a player they didn't acquire.

No one is giving Holland credit for the players Chiarelli drafted, nor should they.

Seems to be more and more warping of reality to make an argument on these boards nowadays

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The Great Canadian Pottery Throw Down???

I’m glad my portion of the 3 billion is doing positive things.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I believe he had some options with Broberg but just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Needed a scorer, RD and a goalie and got nothing.

Jeff Jackson can wear this as well.

I was just holding out hope of we could have landed Binnington at least we would have had a legit chance.
When the Oilers sucked earlier in the year, I think Serevalli said they had a trade for a goalie and he believed it to be with the Blues but the goalie wouldn’t waive his NTC.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
We’re in the “cup or bust” chapter of the McDavid era and we have Calvin Pickard playing 2nd round playoff games for us…and it’s not because of injury to Skinner and Campbell. If that’s not an indictment of Ken Holland’s incompetency as GM, I don’t know what is. No shade to Picks either lol

Brad Holland must go as well pure nepotism hire.

Yes it does. You're giving credit to a management team for acquiring a player they didn't acquire.

No one is giving Holland credit for the players Chiarelli drafted, nor should they.

Seems to be more and more warping of reality to make an argument on these boards nowadays
Fine take out Miller look at this year in isolation. Look at the traded by the current GMs in 2024.

Reactions: OddManRush
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad