GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
It was a weak draft year when Nuge got taken at #1.

Just checked and Nuge actually has 10 playoff points in 8 games so far.
5th in team scoring and 1 point behind Hymen.
That surprised me because it seems like he has been very quiet.
Yeah he's been good on the PP but 5 on 5 just nothing. Doesn't hit Doesn't go to the net basically a McLeod that gets to play on the 1st PP unit

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Curious to see Kane and Holloway together, I can see that duo being a handful on the forecheck.

Though I get the feeling those 3 are together to draw the Zadorov/Myers pairing, and free up McDavid to go vs. Hughes-Hronek.

On defence I would have preferred Stecher over Broberg, but the team needs a shot in the arm offensively beyond the top pairing, and he's likely the best candidate to do that.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see them pair him with Nurse more often than not.

Only 4 games in 2 weeks, but the team more or less went from fully healthy with 5 min left in the 3rd vs. LA to Henrique out, and both Drai and Ekholm hobbled. I know Vancouver is without their starter, but man injuries caught up in a hurry.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
This series sucks simply for the banter on social media. The Flames series was awesome because it wasn't just whining about the league apparently coddling McDavid. Canucks fans have to be the worst in the league. Pretty sure they're complaining more after a win than they did after game 2.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This series sucks simply for the banter on social media. The Flames series was awesome because it wasn't just whining about the league apparently coddling McDavid. Canucks fans have to be the worst in the league. Pretty sure they're complaining more after a win than they did after game 2.

Nucks fanbase comes out of hiding when they are winning. And even when they are leading the series, their whining doesn't stop.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Nucks fanbase comes out of hiding when they are winning. And even when they are leading the series, their whining doesn't stop.

It's ridiculous. I remember 2011 and the entire country rallying behind Boston 🤣

Also, just heard on CHED that Soucy was the only Canadian born player in the Vancouver lineup. So not a single Canadian born guy is dressed for the Canucks tonight.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I use to hate them. Main reason I became an Oilers fan is they swept them in 81 3-0. Over the years, and being to Montreal a bunch of times, I dont hate them like I use to. Montreal is a great city to party in. My top 5 in Canada for sure

1 St Johns - George ST Festival
2 Halifax - great city to party
3 Montreal
4 Penticton Peach Festival
5 Edmonton any Stanley Cup Playoffs and they make final

Toronto? Cant stand the place. Go there once every 5 years is good for me
I’m usually at peach feast 😏

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
It was a weak draft year when Nuge got taken at #1.

Just checked and Nuge actually has 10 playoff points in 8 games so far.
5th in team scoring and 1 point behind Hymen.
That surprised me because it seems like he has been very quiet.
Nuge does not need to look far for a comparable. Look at JT Miller and what he brings to the table. Yes, he is out-producing Nuge but he also hits and wins his fair share of draws.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
It is really noticeable, it’s sad. Mcdavid today said it was a part of a good playoff series and fun. Nucks fans say he’s whining… like wat

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nuge does not need to look far for a comparable. Look at JT Miller and what he brings to the table. Yes, he is out-producing Nuge but he also hits and wins his fair share of draws.
It would never happen of course but I would trade RNH++ for JT Miller in a heartbeat.

I cant stand the Canucks fans but they do have some players on that team with a very high level of compete. Just like their coach.
JT Miller is one of them.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
It would never happen of course but I would trade RNH++ for JT Miller in a heartbeat.

I cant stand the Canucks fans but they do have some players on that team with a very high level of compete. Just like their coach.
JT Miller is one of them.
The Canucks traded for JT Miller, lindholm, zadarov.

We traded for Henrique, Stretcher, Carrick.

A competent gm and this team has a cup.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
It's ridiculous. I remember 2011 and the entire country rallying behind Boston 🤣

Also, just heard on CHED that Soucy was the only Canadian born player in the Vancouver lineup. So not a single Canadian born guy is dressed for the Canucks tonight.

Yeah, that "O Canada" woo woo bullshit series ad from Rogers is hilarious, cutting to an American born Canucks captain to top it off.

Reactions: TB12

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No, if we lose the next 2 games...the series is over lol
Yes I can math

Maybe really f*** with them, play Rodrigue next game then Campbell the game after. They won't even know what to do! Yeah..we have some goalie depth too see 🤣
No, Campbell never needs to wear an Oiler jersey again for any reason

What I meant by that is if Pickard fails tonight you’re getting Skinner in game 5.

I’d put Rodrigue’s chances of seeing any of this series outside of the PB at <5%
Why, what's the point of that. Go out taking a swing as opposed to just surrendering

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I'd like to see mcdavid and drai lead by example and rock Hughes and petterson. That's star Vs star and exact same pay grade. It's not our fault our stars are carved out of marble and Canucks are made of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad