GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have a feeling that Leon is actually not all that injured or possibly even not injured at all, but they're just playing it up like he is.

Since the third period of Game 1 he hasn't shown any sign of physical issue, at least to my eye.
Okay...hadnt considered that.
Interesting take.
I have to agree though...if there is a problem it doesnt appear to be an obvious problem.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Campbell isn't playing because the organization is done with him. If Pickard completely fails or gets hurt and Skinner fails again, Rodrigues is absolutely in the table to play

I mean if both Skinner and Pickard fail going forward then it’s the offseason and anything goes.

Reactions: guymez

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I use to hate them. Main reason I became an Oilers fan is they swept them in 81 3-0. Over the years, and being to Montreal a bunch of times, I dont hate them like I use to. Montreal is a great city to party in. My top 5 in Canada for sure

1 St Johns - George ST Festival
2 Halifax - great city to party
3 Montreal
4 Penticton Peach Festival
5 Edmonton any Stanley Cup Playoffs and they make final

Toronto? Cant stand the place. Go there once every 5 years is good for me

Reactions: joestevens29

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Worst fanbase of all Canadian teams and it's not remotely close.

Acts like the team doesn’t exist when they’re mediocre (some jumped on the bandwagon when they made it through the playins and disappeared after Vegas spanked them but acted like they didn’t exist otherwise the last 10 years, a blip with the Boudreau crying I guess)

Acts like the team is the greatest of all time (while harassing and assaulting opposing team fans) despite 50+ years of futility and when their team inevitably falls short, burns down their city. Despite these embarrassments, the media and own fanbase gaslights them each and every time the team looks decent

Not much to recommend about the fanbase

Reactions: TB12

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers are done with Campbell meanwhile Campbell is practicing with the black aces and having a sandwich

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I just think that the team is more engaged overall if Drai and Connor play on seprate lines.
Maybe one of the reasons why the depth isnt doing much of anything is because they arent getting enough ice time to be effective.
Maybe play RNH at center just on the face off although Drai took most of the draws last game.
I feel like with our crap wingers an injured Drai isn't a big enough upgrade on line the second line (over Nuge) to break up the best line in hockey.

Drai didn't look right last game and I think it's a lot asking him to center his own line with his injury. I don't get why we need to over react this much. Ceci, Skinner were the big problems.

I'll predict this. We win tonight, but the game itself is closer than last game. IMO with these line combos we will not dominate the game as much as game 3.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I feel like with our crap wingers an injured Drai isn't a big enough upgrade on line the second line (over Nuge) to break up the best line in hockey.

Drai didn't look right last game and I think it's a lot asking him to center his own line with his injury. I don't get why we need to over react this much. Ceci, Skinner were the big problems.

I'll predict this. We win tonight, but the game itself is closer than last game. IMO with these line combos we will not dominate the game as much as game 3.
Nuge has to step up...stat. He isnt alone either.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If you play McDavid and Draisaitl together and slash the minutes you might as well start the offseason tonight.

Them playing apart makes them wayyyyy more defensively responsible firstly. It also makes them more decisive since they can’t just defer to each other.

Also it’s the whole idea of lifting up your linemates. If you play McDrai you’re gonna get a crazy line with lots of offensive opportunities. By playing them apart, the lineup as a whole is better but you nerf both of them a bit.

How do you think Foegele got 41 points this year?
Drai is not that much better on line 2 than Nuge. We needed to trade for a winger to play with Drai and we didn't. With Nuge being a playoff no show you are now also dragging down line 1.

Start the offseason? We dominated the game and couldn't buy a save...

You also need to realize Drai is injured and won't be great on his own line.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Drai is not that much better on line 2 than Nuge. We needed to trade for a winger to play with Drai and we didn't. With Nuge being a playoff no show you are now also dragging down line 1.

He played arguably the best game of his career in Game 2 and was also better than McDavid in Game 3.

He's fine.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

RNH-McDavid-Hyman was fine as is. Not going for Buch instead of Henrique was straight dumb.

To be fair, it could have worse. It could have been 1st for Sean Walker. 9 games 0 points lol

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Nuge has to step up...stat. He isnt alone either.
Nuge doesn't have a playoff gear though, what we see is what we get. I even remember going to watch him in the playoffs in Red Deer and being pretty underwhelmed. Great reg season guy but way too soft for the playoffs.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Ever since his "injury" the guy has been a damn beast. He looks faster and seems to be making an impact every shift.

I think they have no choice, but to split them up. No one else is going other than that first line. Can only play those guys 27+ minutes a night so long.

Not like they can't switch back at some point, but for this team to be successful we need more guys going and splitting them should help that.
Completely disagree. It's different playing on Mcdavid's wing than it is at center on line 2 with crap wingers.

He was a beast when he was injured in 2022, but it doesn't mean he could have played on his own line.....

I know my opinion is not the norm

Nuge doesn't have a playoff gear though, what we see is what we get. I even remember going to watch him in the playoffs in Red Deer and being pretty underwhelmed. Great reg season guy but way too soft for the playoffs.
He's small AF. It's just not his game. When the going gets tough he doesn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad