GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Always a coinspiracy theory in Vancouver.

Their fans are immature, ignorant, and frankly dumb as f***. We all knew that before the series. However, the degree of their stupidity is reaching new depths that I didn't think were possible even for them.

When they have multiple credentialed media members advocating that McDavid get suspended too because "it's the same thing!" and you have some air head Nuck reporter asking McDavid "what's it like carrying the team!?" you see where they take the lead from. Sometimes the way Edmonton media go out of their way to not appear as homers or neutral annoys me, but the way Nuck media conduct themselves can't be described as anything other than unprofessional and embarrassing.

Their whole city is stuffed with people with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 12 year old.

There is a reason they were universally hated as a fan base when they were competitive last.

They're are honestly worse to deal with than Leafs fans. Atleast leafs fans recognize that their team isn't anything special. Canucks fans are Leafs fans that still have pride, and worse a arrogance.

It's hard to read and interact with, tbh.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
You guys keep going on about oil lacking physicality… it’s how the team is constructed. It’s a finesse team they will live or die that way. We have a few guys like Kane but you won’t see McCleod, rnh or others playing physical . They needed to add toughness last few seasons and haven’t really

The oil should be up 3 to 0 yet are fighting for their lives, beyond frustrating.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
There is a reason they were universally hated as a fan base when they were competitive last.

They're are honestly worse to deal with than Leafs fans. Atleast leafs fans recognize that their team isn't anything special. Canucks fans are Leafs fans that still have pride, and worse a arrogance.

Canucks fandom is just a constant stream of them saying cry about it (while crying about everything sometimes even before the game starts) and regular use to the derogatory "R" word as a counter argument.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Mosquitoes are aggravating because they only have a two week shelf life before dying, starving, or hitting a windshield.

Nucks fans are awfully like that.

1715712605665.png

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, it's gut check time for many of the Oilers.

I don't think they can come back from a 3-1 deficit so its essentially get it done or grab the tailpipe and have a hoot.

Anybody upfront who isn't named Mc-Drai or Hyman had better look in the mirror and ask some hard questions about their contributions thus far.

Stu has been bad but so have a lot of other guys on the team-- who are far more experienced in playoff games.

No excuses or waiting for the superstar to bail you out--just win baby.

Last edited:

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
It's not the series if we lose, but if you drop 2 at home, it's pretty much over.
Glad Pickard gets a shot here.

Hopefully they can put the series into perspective a little bit and realize they're only down a game. Our 'A' game is required for the next 3 (maybe 4) games no matter what if we want a chance, so they should try to prepare their mindset as such. One game at a time is the usual mantra, I know I know, but sometimes you have to step back and remember the big picture. You don't get to win 16 without picturing what it would look like and feel like, hopefully they remember that motivation and show it. Get to win 8 in this series and don't look back.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019

Usually I have no problem with going to the mains and reading what the other fanbases have to say about hockey and even the Oilers. Kings fans last round were actually a pleasant surprise and had good insight on why that series went the way it did. Hell, Flames fans weren’t even that bad during the BoA two years ago.

Canucks fans on the other hand…

The amount of braggadocio and vitriol that comes from that fan base here and on Twitter is just too much for me. Not to mention the constant victim complex mentality they have, that the refs and the league are out to get them. With the quote from Zadorov this morning along with all the whining from their media, it’s easy to see where they get it from. I gain nothing from interacting with it and it just makes me pissed more than anything lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
going 11-7 and starting Pickard screams panic.
They should panic. They're getting nothing from 9 forwards, the Nurse-Ceci pairing has been a disaster for the 3rd straight playoff and their regular starting goalie is mentally destroyed. Keeping things the same wasn't going to win this series. This might not work either but something needed to change.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It's actually 50x worse than Flames fans in the BoA
To be honest, outside some of the stupidity on CP, I don't really have much of an issue with most Flames fans. They'll have their homer slants as any fanbase should, but they are nothing like the bad seeds within the Canucks fanbase.

Albeit, the good Canuck fans probably are better to chat with than the good Calgary fans.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Canucks fandom is just a constant stream of them saying cry about it (while crying about everything sometimes even before the game starts) and regular use to the derogatory "R" word as a counter argument.

I think their shtick here during the Sedin Era (of failure) was that “deal with it” with the sunglasses on players. It was apropos in more ways than they expected

Reactions: iCanada

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
It's not the series if we lose, but if you drop 2 at home, it's pretty much over.
Glad Pickard gets a shot here.

Hopefully they can put the series into perspective a little bit and realize they're only down a game. Our 'A' game is required for the next 3 (maybe 4) games no matter what if we want a chance, so they should try to prepare their mindset as such. One game at a time is the usual mantra, I know I know, but sometimes you have to step back and remember the big picture. You don't get to win 16 without picturing what it would look like and feel like, hopefully they remember that motivation and show it. Get to win 8 in this series and don't look back.
This is a must win no doubt

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Good chance for Pickard, I'd like to see him do well. TBH I just hope the Oilers outscore their problems tonight. Just burn the barn down, that's all..

Go Oilers!

Reactions: frag2

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
if he was a true g team player he would take a game misconduct running over someone

Makes sense, I sure hope Broberg is coming in for Ceci.

If the rumor of 11/7 being a possibility is true, my guess is that Ekholm is a little banged up so they want to reduce his mins. Brobeg likely plays some shifts on the left side in that case, not to replace Ceci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad