Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM7 | Canucks lose to Oilers | 2-3 (Garland & Hronek) | Season Over

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Any discussion of Joshua getting above 3M let alone the 4M that got tossed around pretty much died once the playoffs started. I'd honestly strongly have to ponder whether to go as high as 3M. He's a good player, no doubt about it, but he's clearly limited.
Yea I don’t mind something like $10 over 4 years for Joshua. More than that and I wonder if we can get a cheap replacement.

Reactions: timw33

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
It would be nice to see edmonton win the cup, but its not the same as the canucks winning though.
Oilers do not play hockey the right way. Dives and dirty plays, whiner comments

No way i will EVER cheer for them

Hope Dallas destroys them

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Joshua is part of the speed problem though. He's a slug with decent top speed. But he's a bad skater and very slow overall.

If he wants the sort of $4M+ deal he's set himself up for...i'm out tbh. He's just not that good. He owes half of whatever his next paycheque is to Garland.

I dont quite agree hes a "slug" he skates pretty well for a big guy.

I wouldnt pay him 4 million but lets not act like we usually do we will just dump so and so and replace him easily. This team lacks speed and size up front.

Reactions: aquaweenie

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Zadorov was figured out by the Oilers mid series and owned him after that. He couldnt dominate like he did against Nashville and the first part of this series. Too bad, he looked great until his mojo was nipped away
That's a narrow view when it was as much lack of push by forwards so he could team was a bit worse overall last 2 games big z was solid id like him here for fair contract

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I dont know I mean I get these joshua takes, but it seems to be some what have you done for me lately thinking here. Lots of guys didnt show up. This team lacks speed and size up front, guys like him are not easy to replace.
I think we bring him back, but it's real frustrating because those are the guys that you need to drag your team into the fight, and he was mostly a ghost.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Joshua is part of the speed problem though. He's a slug with decent top speed. But he's a bad skater and very slow overall.

If he wants the sort of $4M+ deal he's set himself up for...i'm out tbh. He's just not that good. He owes half of whatever his next paycheque is to Garland.

I'd throw that money and then some at a guy like Jake DeBrusk. Who can actually skate and gets to the net more reliably and has better hands and skill to play in the Top-6 as well.
Yeah I am fine with replacing him with someone that has more speed. Hits are nice but it doesn’t matter if he comes in late and hit someone after the puck is already gone.

Reactions: biturbo19

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
This is 100% a different team when demko isn't in net, but they should be proud of the year. Definitely not a good first 40 though they needed to be better than that.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I dont know I mean I get these joshua takes, but it seems to be some what have you done for me lately thinking here. Lots of guys didnt show up. This team lacks speed and size up front, guys like him are not easy to replace.

While I agree, and ideally, don't want to replace him. He simply isn't worth a lofty salary. Especially not when we're so tight against the cap. It's the same with Zadorov except he elevated his game come playoffs whereas Joshua regressed back to being a fourth liner.

I'd happily give him a long term deal but... 3M is the absolute limit on dollar. Frankly, I'd argue it should be less.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I think we bring him back, but it's real frustrating because those are the guys that you need to drag your team into the fight, and he was mostly a ghost.

True but I mean miller could have done that as well and did not. Alot of blame to go around.

Reactions: Szechwan

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Very well put.

The Canucks play like a team that doesn't have much talent. Like a Nashville type team.

Meanwhile Edmonton plays like a team that knows they're better than you.

We DON'T have much talent, this is an incomplete roster and it showed, but damn if we don't have some of the intangibles that it takes to actually win. If we had a bit more scoring depth on the wings especially I think we'd be able to start showing some swagger, but lol at PDG, Suter, Mikheyev etc in our top 6.

Reactions: Nomobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad