Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM7 | Canucks lose to Oilers | 2-3 (Garland & Hronek) | Season Over

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Well thanks to the Canucks for a great season. Some questionable lineup moves this series, some bad luck in the end but we got a lot of amazing positives to be excited about moving forward. Should be crystal clear in what our team needs and it's a promising feeling realizing Benning isn't our GM anymore.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oilers went after Hughes hard, he is def banged up

Much less effective than he was vs preds

I think he got banged up against the Preds, to be honest - that sandwich hit that took him out for a few shifts, he looked merely awesome after that rather than his usual superhuman self. And he flashed the jitterbug tonight in setting up the Hronek goal.

Reactions: Hodgy

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
So here's the thing.

The second 41 games of the season and the playoffs were what this team "truly" is.

And that's much improved from last season.

But... after seeing what the team was capable of in the first 2-3 months of the season.

It's disappointing because we got a taste of what the team could look like when playing to its full potential.
Tocchet needs to implement more neutral outlets and plays. Dump and chase/forecheck with this current roster isn’t sustainable

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'm sorry but I'm not "just happy to be here" with that kind of effort in a game 7, I don't care if they got a couple while Edmonton was sleeping at the end.

These are the games where you see what your players are made of and we were absolutely lifeless at home for 90% of the game. Inexcusable.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Silovs needs to learn when to activate to play the puck and get experience moving the puck to his teammates. That'd come with a full season with the team. He should be the backup next year. Can definitely work on the point shots as well.

Hopefully he comes in at a decent ticket on a 2 year contract.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Maddening that Hronek generally refuses to shoot from the point

How many times did we just pass down low and how many times did the oilers s ore from the point?

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Frustrating part is they were scared shitless in the first two periods.

They did not play to win.

Some that is on the players but it’s also on the coach.

You can only pull a rabbit out of a hat so many times.
The thing is they played scared shitless almost all playoffs, at least in terms of the lack of offensive thrust. They are dead last by a healthy amount among playoffs teams in shots per game with 21.1 and that will go down a bit even more after this game (17 in this game). There isn't anything that much different about this game and the Nashville series. There were some great efforts sprinkled throughout, and of course they showed a tremendous amount of resiliency and heart to stay in every game until Game 6 vs Edmonton, but overall they struggled mightily to really command the puck from Game 1 of the playoffs. Very weird.

Nov 1, 2011
Tocchet needs to implement more neutral outlets and plays. Dump and chase/forecheck with this current roster isn’t sustainable

And breakouts. Glass and out, along with no effort to cover the D for the last four games, cost us this one.

Reactions: TruKnyte

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I think he got banged up against the Preds, to be honest - that sandwich hit that took him out for a few shifts, he looked merely awesome after that rather than his usual superhuman self. And he flashed the jitterbug tonight in setting up the Hronek goal.
I think the Kane slew foot probably did something too. f*** Sutherland for letting that shit go.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Wonder what this Vancouver team could’ve done against Edmonton in a series with Demko. Not saying Silovs was bad, but just one extra goal-saved could’ve been the difference in game 2 or game 4 or game 7.
You’ve got to think with Demko Toch doesn’t turn into a cautious coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad