GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
They've been cheering Oilers. Here in Kelowna, I'm seeing Canucks and Oilers car flags around fairly equally and this town is full of ex-pat Albertans.

deSmith took over starter duties when Demko went down after the ASG, while Silovs backed up. Silovs got into a couple of games, but it was deSmith's net.

Tocchet didn't like something he saw from deSmith in Game 3 vs the Predators, so he went to Silovs. Silovs *is* the #3, it is just that Tocchet has no confidence in their #2.

Yeah, many Albertans dream of moving to BC

Reactions: Summer Rose

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
No, they said he was healthy and available for Game 6 vs Nashville. His sitting due to a coach's decision.

I don't trust any coach's words this time of the year, it's just as likely that Tilapilo isn't a reliable backup and DeSmith isn't 100% but is still a better backup, if Tocchet said that he had a hand injury and was playing through it, the Oilers would target glove side high because of it.

It's better strategy to say he's healthy.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
So, basically what you're saying is Silovs is the current #2 on their depth chart.

Things are allowed to change as the season goes on
Silovs has 9 career starts, while deSmith is a journeyman backup. Silovs is still a rookie #3, even if he's starting right now.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I don't trust any coach's words this time of the year, it's just as likely that Tilapilo isn't a reliable backup and DeSmith isn't 100% but is still a better backup, if Tocchet said that he had a hand injury and was playing through it, the Oilers would target glove side high because of it.

It's better strategy to say he's healthy.
They would bring in Tila if that was the case. No way they start Silovs without a backup who can catch the puck.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The things we as a community find to complain about. Exhausting. If only you had grown up in an era when not every game was broadcast... like, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad