GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Within Canada, they’ve almost always gotten the player they wanted.

Canada will always be second fiddle to America for reasons we can’t really discuss on here.
Yeah, Canada will always be a hard sell to a lot of players.

I was born in Ontario and grew up in Alberta. Moved abroad 12 years ago, and I can say with confidence that, as much as I love Canada, I’ll never move back permanently.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

This is about 5 on 5... Even strength.

Got me thinking that we pay about 13 million for nurse and bouch which isn't bad until you realize Bouch makes 3.9.lol

Heavily skewed by a single game, game 6 really changed things as it was the only “blow out”

Yeah, Canada will always be a hard sell to a lot of players.

I was born in Ontario and grew up in Alberta. Moved abroad 12 years ago, and I can say with confidence that, as much as I love Canada, I’ll never move back permanently.
Left BC, bought a business in Alberta. Live here with a summer home in Blind Bay, BC. Yearly we think about selling it and buying something down South

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Imagine going into a game 7 after being down 3-2 and thinking a series should have been a sweep.

???

Said less than 9% of Oiler fans. Pre-Game Talk: - Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Most of us knew this would be a war... vast majority of Oilers fans had us in 6 (with bias factored in... that means in 7). If not for taking Vancouver's offense too lightly in game 1 we might have been right... but we overcorrected there based on past wounds and got Skinnered alive

Hopefully that playoff experience comes out tonight (in the right way). Your time is coming (faster than I would like), but not today Vancouver, not today!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
???

Said less than 9% of Oiler fans. Pre-Game Talk: - Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Most of us knew this would be a war... vast majority of Oilers fans had us in 6 (with bias factored in... that means in 7). If not for taking Vancouver's offense too lightly in game 1 we might have been right... but we overcorrected there based on past wounds and got Skinnered alive

Hopefully that playoff experience comes out tonight (in the right way). Your time is coming (faster than I would like), but not today Vancouver, not today!
He’s replying to this comment

IMG_1662.jpeg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Heavily skewed by a single game, game 6 really changed things as it was the only “blow out”

Left BC, bought a business in Alberta. Live here with a summer home in Blind Bay, BC. Yearly we think about selling it and buying something down South
If you look at the first 5 games his xGF% was 65.16% vs 63% after game 6. SCF% was 68.75% and his HDCF% was 64.10%. His GF vs GF numbers were still 5 and 3. Not exactly the 9 and 3 it is now but still solid.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
That's like Oiler fans claiming all their top guys were injured in game 5 heading into game 6 lol
Some kind of flu/bug running through the room though. The only injury I am aware is Henrique. There are definitely some guys banged up though - McDavid, Draisatl, and Kane being some notables. I think that's pretty normal for this time of year though to be honest.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
???

The poster that that poster was quoting said that it should have been a sweep.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

This is about 5 on 5... Even strength.

Got me thinking that we pay about 13 million for nurse and bouch which isn't bad until you realize Bouch makes 3.9.lol

He is literally stapled to McDrai/Hyman/Ekholm, I think this is one of those situations where the stats don't tell the whole story. He's been good but he isn't really tilting the rink like that.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Some kind of flu/bug running through the room though. The only injury I am aware is Henrique. There are definitely some guys banged up though - McDavid, Draisatl, and Kane being some notables. I think that's pretty normal for this time of year though to be honest.
Kane is playing very well for someone who is banged up.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The house prices are so high that renting makes the most sense if you are not staying for more than 10 years. That's not accounting for huge appreciation which is akin to gambling.

It’s not really gambling in this market. Your ROI is going to be better than in most other investments unless you’re buying something that won’t sell easily

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He is literally stapled to McDrai/Hyman/Ekholm, I think this is one of those situations where the stats don't tell the whole story. He's been good but he isn't really tilting the rink like that.

Yea I don’t think he’s controlled the flow of play like you’d typically expect from a player with those numbers, but he’s one of those guys whose passing and shot just makes everyone more dangerous.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
too many people are down playing how good of a team Vancouver is. Vancouver will rally tonight
I think this is as far as we go tonight. No shame , we had a good run. If we win I'll be pumped but I'm not seeing it. Hopefully management can tweak the roster and we can come back just as strong next year. But that being said It's not over till It's over! Lets GO NUCKS!

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If I am doing lines for Vancouver I am moving Lindholm to right wing on line 1. Petterson shifts to Centre and then Garland up to 2nd line right wing in the absence of Boeser.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I think this is as far as we go tonight. No shame , we had a good run. If we win I'll be pumped but I'm not seeing it. Hopefully management can tweak the roster and we can come back just as strong next year. But that being said It's not over till It's over! Lets GO NUCKS!

1716239963573.png

Rally around the flag boys and girls

Vancouver are the goonies AND THE GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It’s not really gambling in this market. Your ROI is going to be better than in most other investments unless you’re buying something that won’t sell easily

i remember bieksa razzing kesler for being the only core player of their cohort to rent instead of buy

everyone else when they left vancouver left with a multimillion windfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad