GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Bigger chance that one of us wins the lottery. Higher chance of being hit by lightning and attacked by a shark in the same day. There is a higher chance of Arthur's Silovs scoring the GWG.

If Mikheyev scores the GWG every person on these boards should DM their celebrity crush because miracles do happen.

Aims for the crest, fans on it & flips 7 hole on Skinner. Easy.

That or backdoor tap in from JT/Petey

Reactions: Summer Rose

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I've always said 7 and here we are! I know, I know.. all these mythical Oiler posters came in and said we will be sweeping you (which is amazing that I never saw that given I'm on here a lot right now) but most of us knew this would be close.
Comes down to skinner. If he wasn’t abysmal in games 1 and 3 this series was a sweep.

@Czechboy here I found one in this thread for you.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The emotional swings going into this game are big. Edmonton just used a bunch of energy rallying to play great in game 6, but what do they have left in the tank? Vancouver just lost BB but it might create a short-term motivational boost, even though he's a big loss. Many people including myself wrote the Oilers off after game 5, and it seemed the Nucks didn't come to play in game 6. I can the reverse happening today, where the Oilers come down after an emotional high, and the Canucks bounce back and play well after laying an egg in game 6

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Canucks can qualify Hronek. Just over 5 million. Don't really need to hand him a fat contract if his agent is greedy.
Good chance they sign Tanev/Myers after letting Z go. Bottom pairing should be easy to fill with good pro scouting.

Canucks also have Willander who could be getting closer to NHL minutes at the end of next year depending on his sophomore season. He will eventually be Hughes long term partner and eat a lot of minutes.

hronek has arb rights doesn’t he?

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The emotional swings going into this game are big. Edmonton just used a bunch of energy rallying to play great in game 6, but what do they have left in the tank? Vancouver just lost BB but it might create a short-term motivational boost, even though he's a big loss. Many people including myself wrote the Oilers off after game 5, and it seemed the Nucks didn't come to play in game 6. I can the reverse happening today, where the Oilers come down after an emotional high, and the Canucks bounce back and play well after laying an egg in game 6
As an Oilers Fan this is my worry. There's no way the Canucks don't come out with her A+ game today. Oilers will need to match or else Canucks will take this one.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
View attachment 873532

I was looking at this... who the hell is playing D for the Nucks next season? Soucy and Hughes is a great start for sure and reasonable at around 11 mil. Hronek is going to get overpaid and so is Zadorov.

I'd let Cole walk. Not sure about Myers or his demands.

And don't worry Nuck's fans.. we will still have Ceci and Nurse making 12 million combined next season... we are never letting them go.lol

Cole, Friedman, Juulsen and Myers are all replacement level defenceman. Hronek and Zadorov are the only notable defenceman to be worried about.

Vancouver is a top destination so they can likely bring in decent depth defenceman

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
As an Oilers Fan this is my worry. There's no way the Canucks don't come out with her A+ game today. Oilers will need to match or else Canucks will take this one.
That's fair but as a nucks fan there's the worry that Silovs might have been figured out. Like I said earlier hea been a great story but any nuck fans would be lying if they said they don't get nauseated every time there's an oilers pp or if deep down we've all been wondering when the bubble would burst like what we saw in game six.
But no excuses, the Canucks need to come out with a game five performance from the opening face off and expose Skinner

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

You’d think so but what Canucks team shows up in a game or a period has been hard to predict this year.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Most Oilers players had a playoff low for TOI in game 6, so physically they should be about as rested as they can be for a game like this. Emotionally idk, there's been no momentum there from one game to the next in this series so far.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Comes down to skinner. If he wasn’t abysmal in games 1 and 3 this series was a sweep. Goes to show you just how important goaltending is. Maybe he does well, maybe he lets in 6. You never know with this guy. That’s why I don’t think he’s a #1. He’s too inconsistent especially come playoff time. Edm basically has to play perfect hockey when this guy is in net to win it seems like. At least that’s what it feels like.
Yeah, no. Under no circumstances does this series become a sweep for either team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad