GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
View attachment 873532

I was looking at this... who the hell is playing D for the Nucks next season? Soucy and Hughes is a great start for sure and reasonable at around 11 mil. Hronek is going to get overpaid and so is Zadorov.

I'd let Cole walk. Not sure about Myers or his demands.

And don't worry Nuck's fans.. we will still have Ceci and Nurse making 12 million combined next season... we are never letting them go.lol
From an outside perspective, I think Zadorov prices himself out of there, they move Hronek for help up front, then they sign Brendon Dillon plus extend Myers for a couple years.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
What a joke. Nucks get their personal ref again, the same ref that gifted them game 3, the same ref that has reffed the Nucks to an 11-0-1 record this year.

Only one game in the entire League tonight and Bettman chooses the Nucks personal ref for Game 7.
From another perspective, one might say the Canucks are overdue for a loss under Rooney.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What a joke. Nucks get their personal ref again, the same ref that gifted them game 3, the same ref that has reffed the Nucks to an 11-0-1 record this year.

Only one game in the entire League tonight and Bettman chooses the Nucks personal ref for Game 7.
Just another obstacle for the Oilers. And think, there are still Canuck fans that think they are having to play against the referees.

Today the team that wins is going to be the team that wins this game.
Bold predictions.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
View attachment 873532

I was looking at this... who the hell is playing D for the Nucks next season? Soucy and Hughes is a great start for sure and reasonable at around 11 mil. Hronek is going to get overpaid and so is Zadorov.

And don't worry Nuck's fans.. we will still have Ceci and Nurse making 12 million combined next season... we are never letting them go.lol
Myers resigning is a given. He'll take a home town discount. We'll keep one of Zadorov/Hronek. Also I'd bet one of Tanev/Dillon are signed as a UFA.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
View attachment 873532

Canucks can qualify Hronek. Just over 5 million. Don't really need to hand him a fat contract if his agent is greedy.
Good chance they sign Tanev/Myers after letting Z go. Bottom pairing should be easy to fill with good pro scouting.

Canucks also have Willander who could be getting closer to NHL minutes at the end of next year depending on his sophomore season. He will eventually be Hughes long term partner and eat a lot of minutes.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Comes down to skinner. If he wasn’t abysmal in games 1 and 3 this series was a sweep. Goes to show you just how important goaltending is. Maybe he does well, maybe he lets in 6. You never know with this guy. That’s why I don’t think he’s a #1. He’s too inconsistent especially come playoff time. Edm basically has to play perfect hockey when this guy is in net to win it seems like. At least that’s what it feels like.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Ilya Mikheyev game winning goal tonight.

You heard it here first.
Bigger chance that one of us wins the lottery. Higher chance of being hit by lightning and attacked by a shark in the same day. There is a higher chance of Arthur's Silovs scoring the GWG.

If Mikheyev scores the GWG every person on these boards should DM their celebrity crush because miracles do happen.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Both teams fans must be having the "uh oh" about to shit themselves butterflies right now just thinking about the game tonight.

I want both teams to lose but that's not possible. Must watch.........
I’m surprisingly calm. Maybe it’s because I know the Canucks exceeded my expectations this season. Add on Boeser being out now and it just it what it is. May the chips fall where they may.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Both teams fans must be having the "uh oh" about to shit themselves butterflies right now just thinking about the game tonight.

I want both teams to lose but that's not possible. Must watch.........
I’m surprisingly calm. Maybe it’s because I know the Canucks exceeded my expectations this season. Add on Boeser being out now and it just is what it is. May the chips fall where they may. Have had a lot of fun watching my team play this season. Haven’t been able to say that for a while.

BERTUZZZZi

Jul 2, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks can't catch a break losing our Vezina starter right at the beginning of round 1 and now losing our top goal scorer while Oilers are getting away with murder but diving non stop getting all the calls. Still made it to game 7 of round 2 with all odds against the Canucks, but of course Oiler fans still whining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad