GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Let's face it: Vancouver winning makes for a way better story than Edmonton winning.

Sucks that Boeser is out, but if they can overcome the loss of Demko, there's a part of me that hopes they can also overcome the loss of their best winger.

I feel like Edmonton has the edge, but anything can happen in a single game knockout, especially in a series where neither team has managed to win consecutive games.
Edmonton winning is better because what is the sense of sending a team to the west final that is missing two of their best players? With Demko and Boeser out, the Canucks would advance to Dallas with a built in excuse if they do poorly, which is lame. With the Oilers we have Henrique injured holding us back a bit, but he's day to day. He played a few games back but just didn't have his skating quite there yet. He's depth though

If Demko was somewhat close, you'd think he'd be playing after Silovs had perhaps his weakest game in Game 6.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Edmonton winning is better because what is the sense of sending a team to the west final that is missing two of their best players? With the Oilers we have Henrique injured holding us back a bit, but he's day to day. He played a few games back but just didn't have his skating quite there yet.

If Demko was somewhat close, you'd think he'd be playing after Silovs had perhaps his weakest game in Game 6.
What can I say: everyone loves an underdog story. The Oilers were preseason favourites to go deep in the playoffs while everyone had the Canucks pegged as a wildcard team at best.

So, if the Canucks can somehow pull this off, with their 3rd string goalie and absent a 40 goal scorer, that makes for the better story, imo.

We can worry about the WCF when and if that happens.

Reactions: Summer Rose

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
things on the line in this game:

the final four goalies could be three russians plus a latvian

the final four teams could pavel bure’s teams plus shane churla’s team

1716224658846.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What a joke. Nucks get their personal ref again, the same ref that gifted them game 3, the same ref that has reffed the Nucks to an 11-0-1 record this year.

Only one game in the entire League tonight and Bettman chooses the Nucks personal ref for Game 7.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Let's face it: Vancouver winning makes for a way better story than Edmonton winning.

Sucks that Boeser is out, but if they can overcome the loss of Demko, there's a part of me that hopes they can also overcome the loss of their best winger.

I feel like Edmonton has the edge, but anything can happen in a single game knockout, especially in a series where neither team has managed to win consecutive games.
Vancouver winning is only good because they are a substantially bigger market, they’ll get creamed by Dallas with how injured they are

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Canucks have been dealt a truly awful hand. It started with Demko. Nobody could have predicted the Boeser situation. He's been carrying the weight of scoring for weeks on end.

But times like these are what separates contenders from pretenders. If the team somehow rallies and pulls this off, the room will be tough as diamonds. You don't really know your teammates until you rally around seemingly insurmountable odds.

Even if they fall short - I just want a fight. Nothing like Game 6. Don't give up when you face adversity, put everything on the line and go down swinging. This is literally do or die.

Above all else - it truly is just a game. I will be sad for a day or two if they lose, but I will not fall into the trap of letting a sport dictate my happiness like it did in 2011. None of us have any influence on the outcome of these games. None of these players know we exist.

It's best to put just enough emotional energy in to enjoy the victories, and accept the defeats. Appreciate the memories for what they are, and look forward to starting over next season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks have been dealt a truly awful hand. It started with Demko. Nobody could have predicted the Boeser situation. He's been carrying the weight of scoring for weeks on end.

But times like these are what separates contenders from pretenders. If the team somehow rallies and pulls this off, the room will be tough as diamonds. You don't really know your teammates until you rally around seemingly insurmountable odds.

Even if they fall short - I just want a fight. Nothing like Game 6. Don't give up when you face adversity, put everything on the line and go down swinging. This is literally do or die.

Above all else - it truly is just a game. I will be sad for a day or two if they lose, but I will not fall into the trap of letting a sport dictate my happiness like it did in 2011. None of us have any influence on the outcome of these games. None of these players know we exist.

It's best to put just enough emotional energy in to enjoy the victories, and accept the defeats. Appreciate the memories for what they are, and look forward to starting over next season.

Yea, it’s hard to be too down if they lose since it’s been a better year than expected already, but a bad loss where they don’t show up would feel a lot worse than going down swinging but the Oilers just being the better team.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716226148256.png

I was looking at this... who the hell is playing D for the Nucks next season? Soucy and Hughes is a great start for sure and reasonable at around 11 mil. Hronek is going to get overpaid and so is Zadorov.

I'd let Cole walk. Not sure about Myers or his demands.

And don't worry Nuck's fans.. we will still have Ceci and Nurse making 12 million combined next season... we are never letting them go.lol

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
What can I say: everyone loves an underdog story. The Oilers were preseason favourites to go deep in the playoffs while everyone had the Canucks pegged as a wildcard team at best.

So, if the Canucks can somehow pull this off, with their 3rd string goalie and absent a 40 goal scorer, that makes for the better story, imo.

We can worry about the WCF when and if that happens.
Not 3rd string no more

Hes moved up on the depth chart

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
View attachment 873532

I was looking at this... who the hell is playing D for the Nucks next season? Soucy and Hughes is a great start for sure and reasonable at around 11 mil. Hronek is going to get overpaid and so is Zadorov.

And don't worry Nuck's fans.. we will still have Ceci and Nurse making 12 million combined next season... we are never letting them go.lol
At forward too this is an all-in year for them.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Chris Rooney is reffing? Congrats on the win Vancouver.
What a joke. Nucks get their personal ref again, the same ref that gifted them game 3, the same ref that has reffed the Nucks to an 11-0-1 record this year.

Only one game in the entire League tonight and Bettman chooses the Nucks personal ref for Game 7.

Oh man, the Oilers already have a excuse ready:sarcasm:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Not 3rd string no more

Hes moved up on the depth chart

He was the third string goalie who got a chance because the backup (DeSmith) also got injured. The fact he's taken over the reins just makes the story all the better.

Anyways, my heart says Canucks but my head says Oilers. It's a classic game 7 matchup!

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
View attachment 873532

At forward too this is an all-in year for them.

What is this... the Canucks' management thread? Lol.

I can't even think about the next round yet and you want to talk about next season? :oops:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
View attachment 873532

Lots of decisions this offseason. Probably only 1 of Hronek or Zadorov will be back. Everyone kind of assumed Zadorov would walk but he’s been so valuable in the playoffs it makes things interesting. I think a lot of people are assuming Tanev will come back and sign but he’s getting up there so isn’t a long term solution. Myers I think might be willing to stay cheaper as his kid has some health problems that apparently is best treated here. A lot of fans didn’t want him back but he’s also played well in the playoffs so we’ll see.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Well if game is anything like game 6, PPs won’t make a difference anyway.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
So it was okay for everyone to bitch and moan edmonton gonna get special ref treatment when Sutherland gets the assignment but when a ref who the Canucks are 11-0-1 with is nothing to raise an eye brow on? Lolol sure.....

I am just pulling you leg Oily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad