GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
My fearless prediction...

anything-could-happen-no-limit-3088338638.gif

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Sucks that Canucks are without Boeser (and Demko).... as others have said, playing with house money. I expect the vibes in that dressing room to be pretty loose and relaxed relatively...

On the other hand, Oilers invested their 1st (and Henrique isn't even playing) and need to convince Draisaitl to re-up this season, otherwise they may be forced to move on... yikes... whatever happens here, for the LOVE OF THE GAME, please let this NOT be the last game of McDrai... (with no irony intended)

Oilers need an early one and then keep attacking. With all the pressure on them, they cannot be chasing the game and they cannot be running the clock for two periods like in game 1... just keep skating hard.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
This is a tough one to predict, Oilers were good last game but absolutely horrible their last game in Vancouver. While Vancouver just came off their worst game of the series and have lost their best scoring forward for likely the rest of the playoffs. They have guys like Petey or Hughes that could go off but on the face of it the Canucks are behind the 8 ball.

Might come down to if Skinner chokes or not.
You can bet your ass he will. 5-4 Nucks win, 3 softies on Skinner. That guy should've been shot to the moon but he somehow gets chance after chance.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sure the post series talk will be very civil...

I've always said 7 and here we are! I know, I know.. all these mythical Oiler posters came in and said we will be sweeping you (which is amazing that I never saw that given I'm on here a lot right now) but most of us knew this would be close.

I was also very consistent in saying I wanted a healthy Nuck's team... sucks about Boeser and Demko. I wanted us at 100% going into this!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

I've always said 7 and here we are! I know, I know.. all these mythical Oiler posters came in and said we will be sweeping you (which is amazing that I never saw that given I'm on here a lot right now) but most of us knew this would be close.

I was also very consistent in saying I wanted a healthy Nuck's team... sucks about Boeser and Demko. I wanted us at 100% going into this!
So this is your fault. :sarcasm::laugh:

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland

Neither team is playing at 100% at this point, not even close. That's playoffs, baby.

Bring on game 7 - may the best team win.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Neither team is playing at 100% at this point, not even close. That's playoffs, baby.

Bring on game 7 - may the best team win.
Fair point but a blood clot before Game 7 is just shit luck. And he's been killing us too.

As far as not 100%... I'm actually quite certain that Nurse, Ceci and Skinner are all playing at their 100% which looks like everyone elses 50%.lol

Nonetheless.. butt clenching time. Hoping our big flaw turns into our big advantage tonight. We've always relied way too much on McDrai to win series and games. It's not a recipe for success long term but short term, they can do it. So I'm hoping for them to bust this game open and assert themselves. Not saying it'll happen but that is probably our best chance. Nucks need to stifle and make Stu uncomfortable. sometimes, when missing top guys, teams settle in and cover up better defensively.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I would be extremely surprised if Skinner is capable of handling the pressure of a game 7. Oilers skaters are going to need to have another dominant game to protect him. McDavid had a bit more jump last game for the first time in a while, maybe whatever has been ailing him has healed up a bit.

Unfortunately still no Henrique for Edmonton and Knoblauch made it sound yesterday like there would be a couple more game time decisions.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
let’s get our gambling analogies straight here: game six was house money, and we lost it/gave it back

we have real money on the table tonight

ghows-NB-9268fdd8-41c8-41cc-b6c4-1685eacdb012-a0489423.jpeg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I would be extremely surprised if Skinner is capable of handling the pressure of a game 7. Oilers skaters are going to need to have another dominant game to protect him. McDavid had a bit more jump last game for the first time in a while, maybe whatever has been ailing him has healed up a bit.

Unfortunately still no Henrique for Edmonton and Knoblauch made it sound yesterday like there would be a couple more game time decisions.
His pivots still looked super off.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005

Henrique is pretty meh. Not that concerning

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Was a fun little run for Vancouver, No Demko or Boeser. This is going to be a fairly easy game for Edmonton

Welp, from a Mod’s point of view…

View attachment 873445
Almost over? It hasn’t even begun yet. The series thread alternated fan bases after the wins/losses. Just wait until the massacre in the post series thread :laugh:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Let's face it: Vancouver winning makes for a way better story than Edmonton winning.

Sucks that Boeser is out, but if they can overcome the loss of Demko, there's a part of me that hopes they can also overcome the loss of their best winger.

I feel like Edmonton has the edge, but anything can happen in a single game knockout, especially in a series where neither team has managed to win consecutive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad