GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Well....this sucks.

Still been a fun ride though.
They finished with about 15 more points than what I would've predicted and made it to Game 7 of the second round so yeah, on the whole it was an enjoyable season and better than what I had expected.

And, although most of me wants the team to win, the minority part that is tired of following hockey for seven months is sort of relieved.

Reactions: Ozone and Big zZz

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Comeback wins only work for so long. Given how the team was overhauled over one season this has been an improvement but the holes are evident in late may with key injuries and... running out of mental and physical fuel

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Whatever happens, this team has made it further than any other Nucks team has, other than the 3 cup run years.
If you had told me in September that we'd go to game 7 in the west semi I would have had been completely ecstatic.
This is a good team. Not as good as we were in the first half, but a good team. There's obviously reasons we haven't played well in the playoffs and we'll find that out soon. I'm proud or our boys no matter what, and at least we all got a taste of what it's like after game 82.
We have a good chunk of peeps who are not even into their prime yet and a number of kids that are about ready to break into the league. We'll be back. Even if it's not next year, we'll be back and be regulars in the playoffs again.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
??

We have

Not sure if you somehow missed the point but most had oilers in 4 or 5 games at most outside of van....The fact its game 7 is highly unexpected especially without demko.

So lets not assume dallas will destroy the oilers either even if we think there better. Hockey is very random.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Nothing is guaranteed, Next season could go sideways like Seattles with injuries and such, feels like a lost opportunity.

I think the team will regress.
Several UFA's right now that are playing above their value and Canucks won't be able to re-sign them.
OEL's buyout cap will take a bigger chunk.
Pettersson will either play to his value @ 11.6m, or be overpaid. Either scenario means there's less cap space without additional improvement. I don't see Pettersson becoming even better. 100pt avg is his peak ceiling IMHO, and he'll never eclipse to the next tier being a 120+pt kind of guy at 11.6m.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
At least you guys showed up, I’m proud of you all
You made these boards a ton of fun this year, especially, if we don’t make some miracle comeback in the third, at least I can say I’m happy I got to spend so much time with so many of you guys this year.
Canucks showed up all year they look completely gassed. Sucks we’re going to lose but it was still a success of a season. Got full trust in alvin/Jr to keep improving the team

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Bouchard ate Hughes for breakfast this series. Hughes has been a non factor this series. Hughes is damn lucky that the Norris doesn't count in the playoffs.

Reactions: TruKnyte

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
An absolute choke job, disappearing act in our TWO elimination games. I don’t know how you go from Game 5 effort to these two efforts.

This team deserves to walk down robson with the GoT lady yelling “Shame”.
Keep seeing "effort" but the reality is this team was totally spent, exhausted and were running on fumes. There was nothing left in the tank and there was going to be no other outcome than a loss. They are physically and mentally done.

Full credit to Edmonton, they straight up owned this team the final 2 games.

This team needs better depth next year and needs to better load manage their roster. I have no clue how they will upgrade...and I suspect we may take a massive step back as other teams will better scout them now. The book is out on their powerplay..

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
lmao. Kelly Hrudey picks this moment to become a Canucks booster. What is even going on here? Am i drunk?

Probably yes. But also, what on earth?

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad