GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You spent 10 minutes flirting with the grocery store cashier?

How many groceries did you have?

lol. Express lane number of items.

And i'm pretty sure she was just bored because the store was basically empty. But she kept chatting and she was cute so...i obliged... :dunno:

But i reiterate...as pointless a waste of time as that entire period of Canucks hockey.

Reactions: Just A Bit Outside

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Well, despite our best effort, we are not losing yet.

No attempt to keep possession during a change, just dump-change-get hemmed in-dump-change-get hemmed in.

Players are bobbling pucks all over, few clean breakout passes.

Where is the forecheck that got us here? It had us dominate game 5, wake the f*** up boys.

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
at this point, even if we somehow win, it would be ugly against Dallas.

Hughes is clearly injured, Miller clearly worn down. Petey not in top form, Demko injured.

Dallas is like praying Vancouver wins, will be one of the most lopsided WCF in history.
It is not like the Oilers are that great either. Proven by the fact they could still lose to the Canucks here

Reactions: wonton15

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
at this point, even if we somehow win, it would be ugly against Dallas.

Hughes is clearly injured, Miller clearly worn down. Petey not in top form, Demko injured.

Dallas is like praying Vancouver wins, will be one of the most lopsided WCF in history.
That's why I feel Owen Wilson is wearing a Canucks jersey since I believe he's from Texas.

You never know though. We got outplayed in the first, you get through this game and who knows what happens.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I need to know what injuries Hughes has. He dominated from game 1 to 82, now against the poor EDM D, he's a ghost of himself. That is the biggest shock. The only reason is a severe injury.
He didn’t look bad against Nashville either in Game 1 and making they move on Nyquist. This series he’s struggling.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I need to know what injuries Hughes has. He dominated from game 1 to 82, now against the poor EDM D, he's a ghost of himself. That is the biggest shock. The only reason is a severe injury.

Injuries are an easy excuse. Could be that he's just run out of gas.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Playing to not lose is such a bitch strategy. Game 5 they pushed the pace and dominated. How can you watch that and then coach like this.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's amazing that it's still 0-0, wipe that first off their memory, only 40 left of the season, show urgency, Tocchet show why you deserve that Adams. Psych them up, find the right combos. Let's go!!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Not sure what he's supposed to do when the entire forward corps is one and done in the OZone?

This team's D is getting worn out because they have no forecheck.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
It would suck to go out on such a sour note. If you're going to lose, at least go down swinging. Playing scared to make a mistake will only guarantee victory. Tocchet needs to work some magic between periods because the team looks a step behind on every play.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
As terrible as that period was, it was still good to see Petey engaged. Garland looked good. We're keeping them to the outside. Lots of room for improvement, but we can't expect Silovs to keep this up. It's step up or shut up time! Let's go!! 👊🏼

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
They need to start throwing the puck on net and.hope for a lucky bounce. It's not rocket science. Thet have no momentum right now, can't control the offense at all in the zone, how do they expect to get a nice clean goal?

Tocchet need to adjust on the fly. I know he wants the team to hold on and look for the perfect play, because he thinka holding the puck also means less possession for the opposition. Which means defense in a sense.... But that strategy isn't working out here.

Reactions: TruKnyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad